The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-01-2008, 12:19 AM   #121  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

I was glad to see Jerry doing so well at home. What a wonderful father. Very emotional when they were deciding who should go home.

The brown team is very annoying. I saw her smirking when yellow fell below the yellow line.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:47 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Oh GOSH. The whole Coleen-Jerry elimination has me in tears. I'm the same age as Coleen and see a lot of similarities between us, and I totally understand her love for her daddy and her desire for him to live a long life. My daddy is healthier than Jerry, but it really hit home for me.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:20 AM   #123  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by practiceliving View Post
Oh GOSH. The whole Coleen-Jerry elimination has me in tears. I'm the same age as Coleen and see a lot of similarities between us, and I totally understand her love for her daddy and her desire for him to live a long life. My daddy is healthier than Jerry, but it really hit home for me.
Awwww I'm just watching now and came on to say how much I love these two and am really pulling for them, but now I see they go? That blows. There's really no other team here that have touched me.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:19 AM   #124  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

OMG! The smug look and smirk on the Brown teams faces just makes me hate them and hope that THEY FAIL!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:22 AM   #125  
Blue Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
OMG! The smug look and smirk on the Brown teams faces just makes me hate them and hope that THEY FAIL!
I hope the producers are showing us some foreshadowing. . .especially when the wife said "oh, I am going to stay here, and hubby will go home". I wouldn't count on it, sweetheart. That Brady dude seems like a controlfreak to me.

But, I do think that the Yellow Team Dad looks marvelous and I was so overjoyed to see that he was able to get his act together and lose weight and get into shape. He looks fantastic. If he could do it, there is no excuse for any of us. Is there a Mrs. Yellow Team, because they never mentioned her.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:59 AM   #126  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

OMG, I wanted to reach through the TV and smack the Brown Team wife!!!! The smirking!!! Does she not realize that there are a bunch of cameras around? I agree that she may be a little overconfident that she would be staying instead of hubby - That should be good drama when it is their turn to decide.

I was so proud of Jerry with his at home success. I can't wait to see him at the final!

I don't really have any attachments to any of the other teams now, though. It really is the first season that I don't care who goes home anymore.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:12 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

From watching this since season 2, I'm going to predict that both brown and red and pink don't stay much longer. I know they don't know the winner yet, but they do already know who has gone home from the ranch right now as they edit this, and those teams just are not getting as much face time as the yellow, orange, purple teams are. So we have noticed over the seasons that they really expose you to a lot of air time for the people who become the eventual winners. I would take a stab and say that today, brown and red are already back home - real time today.

I also think that since they knew Jerry gained weight that morning, that they "threw" the show at that night's taping by only sending one person home. I think they TOTALLY manipulated the show to keep Coleen on. Otherwise they would have gone home. ANyone else with me here on this suspicion? They want Coleen's transformation into a svelte beauty queen to be caught each week for the ratings.

I'll be the stinker that says the whole last 15 mins at the end last nite was a waste of time and overly dramatic. We knew from the beginning it would be jerry going home. With all his issues he needed to be near home and his own dr and let his daughter rise to glory. He had no chance of being above the yellow line consistently going forward.

As for snickering, maybe we wouldn't have snickered but yes you'd definitely feel relief when you saw you weren't going home. We all know how they like to edit - I remember seeing teasers going into commercial of someone screaming or Jillian looking shocked that were totally inserted bc when the actual footage shows after commercial, no one screamed and Jillian wasn't even shown. I mean, it's all max-edited and things do not happen in sequence. Just like if you've ever sat in a live taping, they make you clap for like 3 mins straight 3 different times just so they can film you and later use the closeups and applause to edit into the tape later during the tape that's broadcast.

But have a great week everyone - red, blue, or just a fan of the show! Hey, do you think they'll split up the teams next week? I thought that's what was coming last nite and why they made everyone show up even tho there wasn't a vote.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #128  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

I feel the same way Kim. I mean I am glad Colleen is still there and I am totally rooting for her, but besides her; I have absolutely no attachments. I am soooo glad Jerry went home and continued to lose weight. That's so awesome because I was so worried. I don't know if the Mom is around. I kind of got them impression at her little Birthday wing-ding that maybe she died or left them? I have no idea, but you can totally see the love between father & daughter. It makes me miss my Daddy.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:32 PM   #129  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
I also think that since they knew Jerry gained weight that morning, that they "threw" the show at that night's taping by only sending one person home. I think they TOTALLY manipulated the show to keep Coleen on. Otherwise they would have gone home. ANyone else with me here on this suspicion? They want Coleen's transformation into a svelte beauty queen to be caught each week for the ratings.
As soon as they said only one person would go home, I knew it would be Jerry. Even before they weighted in. That was so staged, it looked like one of the product placements. But Jerry looked great, and I hope he keeps it up.

This week's chart will be delayed. I forgot to e-mail it to work, I'll finish it tonight and post it.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:15 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 220/190/140-160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
As soon as they said only one person would go home, I knew it would be Jerry. Even before they weighted in. That was so staged, it looked like one of the product placements. But Jerry looked great, and I hope he keeps it up.

yup, exactly what I thought. Only, I thought that they woudl go to all individuals after one team had been split up.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:08 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Me too Tiger, I think we'll see that next week. Otherwise, how will they make it fair to Coleen. I guess they could avg the pairs and take her number solo, but still that's not fair bc she doesn't have the "male" or heavier team mate to inflate the average for her.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:08 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

So what did everyone think of tonight's episode?

I'm a little confused about Jillian's team. They worked really hard in the challenge, but then suck in the gym to the point that Jillian has to scream at them. I wonder what we're not seeing because of all the editing?
Old 10-08-2008, 06:56 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

I didn't get to see it last night but I will be watching for sure tonight. Had my times mixed up and watched a stupid special instead. Bummer!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:04 AM   #134  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by practiceliving View Post
So what did everyone think of tonight's episode?

I'm a little confused about Jillian's team. They worked really hard in the challenge, but then suck in the gym to the point that Jillian has to scream at them. I wonder what we're not seeing because of all the editing?
You know, I was like, what the heck? Her team did do great on the challenge and then they're not doing their homework? Not sure what's in these people's heads, but they really do need to get in the game. The purple mom is so annoying to me. Jill tried to get to the bottom of her problems, but she just seems only half-heartily into this.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:26 PM   #135  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Where was Bob last night?