The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 09-17-2008, 09:50 PM   #61  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling1 View Post
I love that Yellow team girl. I have to look at the official site, I am sure she has a name.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:25 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

I'm catching up on last nights first show.

I so want a pink T-shirt.

I could have done without the closeup of the girl throwing up in the trash can. That was gross.

Also, I'm finding Jillian to be highly annoying. I'd have to punch her in the face if she was screaming at me like that. I can appreciate being tough but what I don't like is when she is gritting her teeth and yelling at people. Or when she was pissed at Jerry for falling off the treadmill. She should understand how at his weight and age, that his body can't just jump into heavy duty exercise; particulary if he has back and knee issues. But I guess she's doing it for the camera. I'd still have to punch her.

You'd think they'd get better looking sports bras for the women since they are special colors.

Amazing losses this week. Heck, I'd be delirious for a three pound loss!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:34 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

I noticed that many of the girls are extremely pretty already and well made up and I know they will be gorgeous in the end. I think NBC picks them that way on purpose.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:34 PM   #64  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Yes those baggy sports bras are just not going to cut it, what is up with that?
Old 09-17-2008, 10:44 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling1 View Post
They gray team is really cute also, they are going to be HOT when they drop, say 100 lbs.
I like the grey team too! They are funny guys.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:06 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

WOW! Dixied! WTG on that chart--such dedication! that is a geeky but very neat thing you did! I will enjoy following that every week.

I agree about Colleen and LT making a cute couple. And I also wish no one had to go home--I would be devastated if I got that chance and only made it one week, or two and then had to go home--even though it is extremely hard being there, I'm sure.

They could also have Advil or some anti-inflammatory sponsor the show--I think I'd take a jumbo-sized bottle with me if I knew I was going to be exercising 6 or more hours/day!
Old 09-18-2008, 07:23 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Kelliegh and Smiling1, I so agree that there are some totally hot babes that will be emerging as this seson goes on...I can't remember the pink girl's name, but how cute is she in her sassy glasses..I just didn't have any team that made me think "fake." They all seem so sincere. I'm with bethbeth...why do we have to waite a whole week???
Old 09-18-2008, 09:28 AM   #68  

You guys that don't like how Jillian is acting - remember they do a lot of editing to make things appear worse/more dramatic than they are.

Remember last season when it appeared on the show that she told Allison Sweeny to "Leave her the F alone!" about Brittany? I heard on her radio show that she was actually yelling that at one of the producers who was trying to provoke Brittany to get a better reaction and some tears.

I noticed on Tuesday's show that they used the same shot of Bob looking towards his team with an upset expression twice. Once they used it during one of the first weigh in's and then they used the exact same shot for one of the last weigh in's. I suppose they used it twice because it was a dramatic/angry type of glance he was giving.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:44 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

CAUTION: RANT AHEAD
Yeah, these reality shows are a pretty sad commentary on our whole society in some ways, but that's not to say I'm not a total sucker for them! I was just reading a few articles in New York Mag about Bravo's reality shows, and what happens to the winners (Jay McCarroll from Project Runway, Harold from Top Chef, etc), and it ain't pretty! They pretty much end up selling out or broke. And Bravo kind of owns their souls. And while we all expect them to finish the show and then have people throw money at them, it just doesn't happen, and meanwhile, they've taken 5 months of their lives off of their normal jobs, so they end up kind of screwed (can I use that word here?)

Perhaps if I were a person with stronger principles, I'd stop watching reality TV. But alas...
END RANT.

So anyway, TBL was pretty awesome. I've never really watched it except for catching a marathon here or there, so I'm excited for this season as it is REALLY motivating. Watching them work so hard and then seeing the payoff at then end definitely got me moving yesterday after I watched it online.
And I second the idea that they purposely pick "they'd be so pretty if they lost weight," or "oh, but she has such a pretty face!" types for the show. I also noticed that they didn't really let us get very connected to the green team, as opposed to yellow, for example. And as for Jillian, yeah, I don't feel so good about using a father's demise as motivation to do a jumping jack.
Can't wait for next week!
S
Old 09-18-2008, 10:46 AM   #70  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Just my opinion.

I think a lot of what we see of Jillian is heavily edited. Come on, they work out 6 hours a day and she screams at them like that the entire time? No way. She wouldn't have a voice left by the end of the first week. Also, a lot of the yelling reminds me of the Marines. I have a great uncle who was a DI. They get up in your face and break you down so that they can start to rebuild your self confidence. Has there ever been a former military person on the show? Wait, wasn't Kae (S4) military? Look how well she did. Of course that was with Bob, but still...
Old 09-18-2008, 12:09 PM   #71  

Has anyone found the complete show link yet? The one on NBC right now is only the first hour. I only caught dribs and drabs of hour 2 and would really like to watch the whole thing uninterrupted.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:09 PM   #72  
Ilene the Bean

I can't believe how good the couple who was voted off looked ... I can't wait to see her in her new dress on the last show... I enjoyed it, but I only saw the last hour....
Old 09-18-2008, 01:50 PM   #73  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

I am really rooting for the Yellow Team. I think that the father really needs this more than anyone on that show and he has a daughter that is willing to do whatever is necessary to see him live a long healthy life. I will be devestated if they get booted off anytime soon. I think she can loose a good bit of weight, but is not in the state he is in (unlike LT is in comparison to his dad - LTs weight was insane)

BTW - did anyone figure out whay Tom Sr was on limited workout? We got it on The Yellow Team Father (the cop), but I don't remember getting the scoop on Tom Sr.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:57 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Has anyone found the complete show link yet? The one on NBC right now is only the first hour. I only caught dribs and drabs of hour 2 and would really like to watch the whole thing uninterrupted.
It is on NBC's website. The description says it's only the 1st hour but it was the whole show for me.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:40 PM   #75  

Nope, it's only 46 minutes now, I watched all of it. It ended after the challenge.