The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 09-17-2008, 12:34 PM   #46  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovnmom View Post
Who else thinks yellow girl and gray T.L. will have a little thing going on by the end of the show if they both can stay on?? They were so cute and supportive of each other at various turns...
I was thinking the same thing!
Old 09-17-2008, 01:02 PM   #47  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I agree with lovnmom and this time it's different! I think they would make a sweeet couple
Old 09-17-2008, 01:56 PM   #48  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

Unhappy What Happened!

I haven't a clue what went on because I fell asleep sometime between opening credits and first commercial break! So much for exercising during the commercials!I opened my eyes, briefly, when they were doing something about age, vs. adjusted age? I then went back to sleep until 1:30 AM when I dragged butt up to bed for the last few hours

There is a site called real age in which you can do a questionnaire, fairly extensive the gives you an adjusted age based on weight, lifestyle, drinking, smoking, exercising, dietary etc.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:11 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMichelle View Post
Does NBC usually put the whole episodes on their website afterwards?

I'm in Houston and still without power at home due to hurricane Ike, but I'm hoping I can come here to my office and watch it online tomorrow.
I got to watch it online!! Whew! I am happy.

The girl on the yellow team is too sweet! I like her a lot already. I also liked the orange team and were glad they didn't go home.

The green team looked great afterwards!

I saw an interview with Jillian and Bob on Larry King. He asked if it was unhealthy to lose weight so fast and they both said absolutely not as long as it's done through the healthy methods of exercise and healthy eating.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:32 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
I've always liked her aggressive, borderline abrasive edge...but JEEZ! She had her *tender* moments, but yeah, scary!! When you think that these people go through such shock to their bodies in the first week it's amazing they can do what they can.
Yeah, I've loved her in past seasons because she doesn't take any bull from her teams, but last night was a little over the top. The whole passing out/dying/throwing up thing didn't sit well with me, especially considering the yellow team dad COULD HAVE died! I hope she'll go back to the Jillian we know and love later in the season.

crazy4weightloss - I thought the same thing about the sports bras! When they showed the green wife running in the update bit, I was like "OUCH"
Old 09-17-2008, 02:40 PM   #51  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

I was just thinking that would be something that they as in the show would help them with. That can really mess up your back and cause lots of other problems.

Last edited by crazy4weightloss; 09-17-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:57 PM   #52  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Im sad the green team went home. And i would just like to point out that "mean jillian" cracks me up. I know its not supposed to be funny but i cant help but laugh at her. If it was me i think i might cry or punch her in the face... Hmmm
Old 09-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Yep, Jillian is my fave by far no matter how hot Bob is, but I did think the, "every time you feel like stopping think of your dad who could die on the TM," was over the top. I totally loved how every time Jillian yelled at the dad he just said, "yes ma'am." Both father and daughter are totally cute. I can't waite for next week to get to know them all better. Well, as good as you can know reality tv folk.....as for the whole bra thing maybe they could get Champion or someone like that as a new sponsor. At least then we wouldn't have to watch them make all their snacks with low calories jell-o products lol
Old 09-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #54  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Quote:
as for the whole bra thing maybe they could get Champion or someone like that as a new sponsor. At least then we wouldn't have to watch them make all their snacks with low calories jell-o products lol
Lmao. Very true. Or the brand shock absorber.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #55  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Here's my geeky contribution to the conversation. I didn't get all the numbers filled out because I'm relying on TWOP for recaps. I didn't get to finish watching last night, so it's on my tivo schedule for tonight, and I'll finish the chart tomorrow. (Unless someone can fill in the blanks for me?)

If you're wondering about the "Weight @ 47% BF Lost" column, that's what Ali lost last year to win. I had a complicated chart with where each contestant could end up based on healthy body weight last year. I'll be doing it again, but not until they knock off some more folks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BL Stats.pdf (13.2 KB, 23 views)
Old 09-17-2008, 03:48 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

I just adore the yellow team. I was cheering her on as she went up that hill all by herself.

Does anyone else think she (yellow team daughter, I think her name is Colleen?) looks like Reese Witherspoon? I really do!
Old 09-17-2008, 04:46 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyKisses0204 View Post
Im sad the green team went home. And i would just like to point out that "mean jillian" cracks me up. I know its not supposed to be funny but i cant help but laugh at her. If it was me i think i might cry or punch her in the face... Hmmm
Haha me too! I don't mind the mean Jillian.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:52 PM   #58  
Blue Team Member

Quote:
Who else thinks yellow girl and gray T.L. will have a little thing going on by the end of the show if they both can stay on?? They were so cute and supportive of each other at various turns...
I love that Yellow team girl. I have to look at the official site, I am sure she has a name. She reminds me of me, except I realize that I am old enough to me her Mom. Her Dad is only 51. Seriously, the guy looks at least ten years older. Anyways when she said, "All the cookies I ate, all the walks I could have gone on, and didn't". DING DING DING That was as light bulb moment for me. They gray team is really cute also, they are going to be HOT when they drop, say 100 lbs.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:18 PM   #59  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

What a bummer that we have to wait a whole week for the next episode!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:49 PM   #60  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

YES LT and the blond girl would be a GREAT couple. I love the cop dad, did you see how AWESOME he looked after he lost all that weight, he couldn't hold back the smile!

Also, here is the thread I started for working out during commercials, it didn't really take off (because I am a thread killer, LOL) but I will still be checking on it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151450