The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 11-19-2008, 04:43 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/135

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudskippersgrl View Post
The only thing I dont get is that next weeks sneak peak was about Thanksgiving... But I know that this was pre-recorded... So was it really pre-recorded a year ago???
The "At Ranch" portion of the show was filmed over the summer. So they were at the Grand Canyon for example in late spring. We visited the Grand Canyon in June and heard that they had been there from a guide.

The "after" results for contestants who were voted off were filmed at or around the same time that the 3 finalists left the ranch. So when you see those clips at the end of each episode that isn't how the contestant looks today, it was how they looked at the end of their filming maybe July or August. That makes it consistent for everyone.

Then all the contestants including the 3 finalists work "at home" for 3 months or so (they tell you how many weeks at the finale) to find out who the biggest loser and the biggest at home losers are.

So they filmed a "Thanksgiving" episode in the summer expecting it to air at Thanksgiving. Not sure if this episode is actually going to about Thanksgiving or about cooking meals in general which they adapt to the Thanksgiving theme in editing.

Sorry, you weren't expecting that much info. But I got started typing...and running off at the fingers.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #392  

S/C/G: HW 226/ CW217/ GW 145

Height: 5'4

So does that mean that me thinking that Ed is a finalist is wrong.. when he was voted off the first time they did a clip of him looking good.. smaller than last nights show..He said he cant wait for Heba to get home to see how well he has done..( I know its taped in advance but just trying to figure out who might be in the last three) hhmmm
Old 11-19-2008, 05:57 PM   #393  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommamurray View Post
So does that mean that me thinking that Ed is a finalist is wrong.. when he was voted off the first time they did a clip of him looking good.. smaller than last nights show..He said he cant wait for Heba to get home to see how well he has done..( I know its taped in advance but just trying to figure out who might be in the last three) hhmmm
Well, they have to be consistant with the eliminated contestants and the "after" stuff. So, everyone already knew he went back later, they just want to keep us the audience guessing and not knowing what's coming. So, they are just told to act as though their spouse or partner isn't there if they are supposed to be at the ranch.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:21 PM   #394  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/135

Height: 4'10"

There have been several speculations that it could come down to Ed, Heba, and Amy C based on the Prevention magazine article. That makes a lot of sense. I just realized on my drive home if that is the way it works out, then Jillian will be shut out of the finale. They will all be Bob's contestants. Wow.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:46 PM   #395  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
Well, that was a fun season...

I don't think I can bring myself to finish it.
I KNOW I can't and I won't. I'm done with this season.

As for Vicky, after what she said at the vote, I give her a year at home and she will gain it ALL back and then some. Mark my words.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:57 PM   #396  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

A nurse anesthetist and a pharma? Are you kidding me? These kids don't seem like they've seen a year out of the high school environment. I can't believe they have that much college - college usually makes you a better/ more mature person.

Oh goodness, can you just see Vicky coming at you with an epidural? To have her attending you when you need love and support - oh good lord!
Old 11-19-2008, 08:57 PM   #397  

Oh, PS, Hereya - please PM me the names you caught on yourDVR. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:45 PM   #398  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

SIGH......I think Amy did it for Bob...
Old 11-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 6'0

My tv's not working and hasn't been for the past two weeks, and i'm sort of glad. I have been reading updates, and watching clips online, and vicky's additude is disgusting. I thought it was horrible when she said that a video from her kids wasn't a prize worth winning, and now after hearing her go on and on about phil and revenge, i don't like her at all. i wish she would just leave already. I will be so po'd if she wins. She is not worth all that she is getting from this show. She is greedy and there are far more deserving people out there. I think NBC put her on the show to get ratings, and i don't know if its working because i have heard a lot of people talk about how they hate this season because of all the drama. I hope NBC listens so next years BL will go back to the way it was!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:00 AM   #400  

S/C/G: 226/141/126

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereyago View Post
The "At Ranch" portion of the show was filmed over the summer. So they were at the Grand Canyon for example in late spring. We visited the Grand Canyon in June and heard that they had been there from a guide.

The "after" results for contestants who were voted off were filmed at or around the same time that the 3 finalists left the ranch. So when you see those clips at the end of each episode that isn't how the contestant looks today, it was how they looked at the end of their filming maybe July or August. That makes it consistent for everyone.

Then all the contestants including the 3 finalists work "at home" for 3 months or so (they tell you how many weeks at the finale) to find out who the biggest loser and the biggest at home losers are.

So they filmed a "Thanksgiving" episode in the summer expecting it to air at Thanksgiving. Not sure if this episode is actually going to about Thanksgiving or about cooking meals in general which they adapt to the Thanksgiving theme in editing.

Sorry, you weren't expecting that much info. But I got started typing...and running off at the fingers.

LOL,

Thanks though, helps me understand it all a little bit better...
Some head games they got going for the contestants though.. lol..
Old 11-20-2008, 09:15 AM   #401  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Oh, PS, Hereya - please PM me the names you caught on yourDVR. Thanks!
Same here please, I'm just curious now.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:16 AM   #402  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Amy. Amy. Amy. When will she ever learn? Vicky is so much more of a threat to her than Colleen could ever be. And, Vicky is on a mission. To win at all cost. Amy is a smart girl but she isn't very savvy, is she? I also think that she voted as she did to make it up to Bob in some way. But she didn't listen to him when he was talking to her. She didn't hear him say that this is all about her... Not anyone else and that the smartest and best thing she can do is to play and vote for her own benefit. Keeping Vicky around doesn't serve her interests. At all.

I am so icked out by this season. The drama, the nastiness, Vicky, Heba and Ed lording it around as if they own the place. There is no joy or inspiration in it, this season.

Maybe season 7 will be better???
Old 11-20-2008, 07:21 PM   #403  

What's in store for season 7? There must be preview available somewhere. Couples again? Families?
Old 11-21-2008, 12:04 PM   #404  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
What's in store for season 7? There must be preview available somewhere. Couples again? Families?
From Wikipedia (so take it for what that's worth )

Season 7

Main article: The Biggest Loser: Couples 2
NBC has announced that there will be a second couples edition. It is now casting. It also appears that Kim Lyons would return with Bob Harper in this season.

As much as I love Bobalicious, this has probably been my last season to watch BL. I didn't watch Tuesday, and I don't think I'll be tuning in next week either. As for bringing back Kim, that's just the last straw for me.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #405  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I KNOW I can't and I won't. I'm done with this season.

As for Vicky, after what she said at the vote, I give her a year at home and she will gain it ALL back and then some. Mark my words.
I totally agree. She has shown no indication that this has been a rewarding process. It's all a game show to her! I don't think she cares one iota about losing weight and will be perfectly contect to return to her old lifestyle when it's all over.