The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-22-2008, 09:59 AM   #211  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

This is the first season I have watched TBL and I'm hooked...LOL I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who dislikes Heba & Vicky. I kind of liked Brady, but after reading your comments, I think he did chug water to weigh more...he knew he was safe. Cheater!!! My favorite is Michelle. She is so cute and seems real...

I have to wonder what is up with everyone's gut though...The girls under 200 still have these huge stomachs...Just doesn't seem right.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:24 AM   #212  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Icky and Hubba-Bubba are awful trolls. Honestly - are they going to be proud of the way they are coming across? Mark my words, they will be out there on myspace or something whining about how they were edited to look bad. No, trolls, you made yourselves look bad!

If I hear Hubba say one more time "I will be carrying our child", I will hurl. If I hear Icky say one more word... period, I will hurl. Ugh.

I think the producers will change up the game to minimize the alliance - eventually. Right now it is making good drama.

Brady and Icky will never get any Oscars or Emmy awards - they are terrible actors! Brady turning to the scale readout and saying- "I have no idea how that happened" - such bad acting!!!!

I don't watch Survivor because all of the infighting and scheming reminds me too much of work. Now TBL is becoming similar. It makes me sad.

Last edited by Kimphin; 10-22-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

The thought of heba parenting anything, even a dog, really makes me sad. THe kid, no matter how sweet the personality, will not stand a chance. Brat brat brad. Or maybe timid timid timid from having to bow down to mom being the center of the world even after the baby comes.

She is the biggest loser, but not in a good way.
HOW TRUE!!

Yes, it may be editing, but for 100% edited evil, you had to be at least 50% evil all of the time for them to catch that much footage. That trio is all about the money, weight loss is just a path to that. Bad attitude at the challenge - what about the rest of your team who cared about winning blue team? Bob must be just miserable putting up with his team.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:36 PM   #214  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
Yes Vicky is my LEAST favorite, I vote that she changes her name!

Yes Brady had to be water logging, yes Bob knew.

Yes Heba is the suck!

Yes I wanted to smack Vicky like 47 times with her nasty smile!
I completely agree with all of this. :Now off to read the rest of the thread:
Old 10-22-2008, 03:41 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 221.5/189.5/170

Height: 5'7''

Yes, I know the show has to have some drama going on, but there is NOTHING I like about Vicky!

A woman who won't put effort into a challenge just because she didn't think a video from her kids was a good enough prize?????????

I agree with Kimphin, I hope this show doesn't turn into any other "planning, alliance-building, cheating" reality show....
Old 10-22-2008, 04:07 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

I haven't chimed in a while but I was truly disgusted with last night's show. It is becoming too much like Survivor and the only real inspiration comes from the follow-up with the one voted off.

I can't stand Heba, Vicky and Brady and am seriously thinking of not watching it anymore. I know that the producers think they have to have drama but if they really knew their audience, they would understand that we don't watch to see the drama of immature and mean people, but to see people succeed at what is so hard to succeed at.

I thought it was pretty low when they were doing the hill climb and the Heba team suggests a break to rest only to fool the other team so they could win. How about winning fairly and squarely? That was so not in the name of good sportsmanship. Also, the pouty faces on the blue team last night when Phil and Michelle's mom was kicking their butts on the balance beam. Not their fault that the Blue team suck and again, how mean-spirited of them to heckle just so they could get back on the beam. I don't even call that competitive.

Heba is a spoiled, mean hearted (have I said that enough?) person. I loved how she was so distraught that she had to call her daddy and her daddy sounded like he didn't get the big deal of her bawling about missing him. And last night, I noticed how she said she wanted to see her dad, her husband and her dogs. Noticed how the dad came first.

I also think that Heba will be surprised by Brady and Vicky because at some point they will turn on her. Last night, Vicky said that Brady and her came there to go home with $350,000. One expects to win the overall and the other expects to win the at home portion. They will take Heba out at some point.

Granted, Phil was a dufus of extreme proportions by pulling Brady aside and trying to get them to save Amy. That only added fuel to their fire. Phil should keep his mouth shut.

This season has seemed to be the worst at the Survivor-like strategies.

Whew, enough ranting! I want to see more inspiration!
Old 10-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #217  
Blue Team Member

Disgusting is all I can say about Vicki and Brady. And, Heba is the Biggest Jerk, not the biggest loser. I am willing to go out there and say that their story about what's his name now on the black team was totally fabricated. They are going to stab Heba in her back real soon, just you wait and see, cause she IS the biggest threat to them. And, Heba, those two are NOT your friends. You know them for what, six weeks total? You need to grow up some before you become a Mother.

P.S. I hope the three are now home and trolling all the biggest loser boards and read this one.

Last edited by Smiling1; 10-22-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:10 AM   #218  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

I watched the show last night and wanted to slap Vicky...I've never seen such a nasty person before. I wanted to reach through the tv though when she was saying she didn't feel the prize of seeing her kids on video was worth it...I believe she said it was a lame prize! I hope when her kids watch this they don't think she is a lame mom...I mean what a jerk. Those 3 though think they run the place...I hope all of them get blown out of the water as far as the game goes...I don't wish any of them to fail though in the weight loss. Just awful people...the show usually lifts me up and makes me want to do better, but last night I just wanted to punch someone!LOL!

Last edited by Tina30; 10-23-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:25 AM   #219  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

I agree that the show is very disappointing this year. In the past I've always had to have kleenex throughout, because something empowering always happened for someone. This year's show is like being a fly in a Junior High hall. Just saddening.....This weeks vote clearly showed just how arrogant and naive Heba is...this was her chance to vote against one of the spouses with both Amy's and possibly save her position until the end. Dumb, dumb, dumb. As a mother of four myself I feel for Vicky's children. If she's willing to say something so hurtful on national television imagine the nasty things she must say behind closed doors. Please say a prayer Heba doesn't give birth to a daughter...that'd be one "mean girl" for sure.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:44 AM   #220  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

You know, the only thing I can think of is when she said "it wasn't worth getting injured for." Has she had a problem with being injured, or is she the only one who hasn't been injured yet and she's just afraid? Of course, how you would get injured falling into water is beyond me, so I still think it's a lame excuse.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:56 AM   #221  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
As they are weighing in, I realized that when I weigh myself I hear the BL scale sound effects in my head.
That deep-low-key-bass-elephant-stomping music as they walk up to the scales drives me nuts! Makes me think I'm watching The Lord of The Ring movies and the orcs are coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
Yes I wanted to smack Vicky like 47 times with her nasty smile!
48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63...101 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkneec19 View Post
Wtf, what a jerk. I really wanted Amy to just turn around to all of them and just flip em all the bird. Seriously, Heba is so rude and fowl with her "well sorry, YOU married him" bs when talking with Amy about Phil.

*sigh* that show gets me all fussed up sometimes.
Me too! And I'm not the type of person to flip birds, but had Amy done that I'd have jumped for joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwmonn View Post
Vickie always looks like she's got evil up her sleeve.
Poor Heba thinks she's so in control of that game, but I have a feeling Vickie is the puppeteer.
I agree. Vickie is scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4weightloss View Post
Icky Vicky has to go. I wanted to stick my hand through the computer and punch her. She is the biggest loser, but not in a good way.
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerChic View Post
I liked how Coleen was saying that the black team has class and the blue doesn't because they were smack talking the black team during the challenge. Good for her!
I was so proud of Coleen for saying that too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
Icky and Hubba-Bubba are awful trolls. Honestly - are they going to be proud of the way they are coming across? Mark my words, they will be out there on myspace or something whining about how they were edited to look bad. No, trolls, you made yourselves look bad!

If I hear Hubba say one more time "I will be carrying our child", I will hurl. If I hear Icky say one more word... period, I will hurl. Ugh.

I think the producers will change up the game to minimize the alliance - eventually. Right now it is making good drama.

Brady and Icky will never get any Oscars or Emmy awards - they are terrible actors! Brady turning to the scale readout and saying- "I have no idea how that happened" - such bad acting!!!!

I don't watch Survivor because all of the infighting and scheming reminds me too much of work. Now TBL is becoming similar. It makes me sad.
It makes me sad too. But your calling them Icky and Hubba...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Yes, it may be editing, but for 100% edited evil, you had to be at least 50% evil all of the time for them to catch that much footage. That trio is all about the money, weight loss is just a path to that. Bad attitude at the challenge - what about the rest of your team who cared about winning blue team? Bob must be just miserable putting up with his team.
I truly feel sorry for Bob. But didn't he hand pick his team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri in MO View Post
I know that the producers think they have to have drama but if they really knew their audience, they would understand that we don't watch to see the drama of immature and mean people, but to see people succeed at what is so hard to succeed at.

Granted, Phil was a dufus of extreme proportions by pulling Brady aside and trying to get them to save Amy. That only added fuel to their fire. Phil should keep his mouth shut.
Yeah, I like watching the show because I want to see people I can relate to.
People like me, struggling to lose weight, wanting to be healthy and fit and succeeding!

I really don't think Phil did what Brady and Ickysaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina30 View Post
Just awful people...the show usually lifts me up and makes me want to do better, but last night I just wanted to punch someone!LOL!
Me too, Tina. I mean, it's always been a game, but I don't recall ever disliking some of the players as much as I do this season. And I've watched every season. I use to watch and think, "Hey if she can do it, I can do it too. Look how hard she's working, I could do that. Look how much weight they've lost, I could do that."

Do you guys remember the girl from I think it was the very first Season and I think her name was Kelly? She was talking to the camera after she'd been there and worked and lost some weight and she said, "I take my breath away". I just cried and cried when she said that and I wanted that for me.

Icky, Hubba and Brady do not inspire me at all.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:42 AM   #222  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Ok I had to Tivo the show and just got to watch it last night. OMG! I'd really just be re-hasing what you guys have covered already, but I can't stand the alliance of Heba/Vicky/Brady! Ugh!

I like Heba in the beginning but each week she got worse and worse. I hope all 3 of them get voted off before the finale.

Poor Amy left on that team. If they do a team vote off again next week and blue loses, she'll be next to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Bob must be just miserable putting up with his team.
Seriously! Poor Bob.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:00 PM   #223  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

I have my fingers crossed that they'll do a temptation this week and change to doubles - I feel really sorry for Amy C to have to be with the evil trio.

One thing is for sure - Vicky reminds me of JR on Dallas! Someone has to be the villian, except JR was much better looking than Vicky!!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:20 AM   #224  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Here's a clip for this weeks upcoming episode:

Plus, for the first time ever, a single person's weight loss will beat an entire team's weight-loss number. Will it be Black or Blue? Tune in next Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET to find out!

OMG. I wonder which team?

Cheers,
Ginger
Old 10-26-2008, 12:22 AM   #225  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Doh! I just realized....after Brady minimal loss...it's got to be him. He gets a huge number and defeats the other team.