3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing

The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

TBL Season 6 - Show Discussion - **SPOILERS**

Old 10-16-2008, 05:26 PM   #166

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Yep, cocky is a good way to put it. But sometimes that is just a cover for very deep insecurities, you know? Almost like bullies.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #167

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelleigh View Post

And Heba... let's just say I will be jumping up and down when she gets voted off.
So will I. In fact I wil probably jump so high that my 10 calorie Jello Cup, my Coolwhip in a can and my glass of skim milk will fall to the floor.

Oh well...less calories for me.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #168

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianwoman View Post
So will I. In fact I wil probably jump so high that my 10 calorie Jello Cup, my Coolwhip in a can and my glass of skim milk will fall to the floor.

But hopefully you'll still have your pack of Wrigley's Extra sugar-free gum in your pocket!
Old 10-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #169
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Oh well...less calories for me.
And your Jenny-O turkey burger.

I'm leaning towards Coleen or Brady (he has been rocking his workouts and it seems like his attitude has come a long way from the I hate vegetables episode). ickie and Heba can go soon, please....

What the heck is wrong with Vickie that she can't walk up and down a mountain? Not that it's easy...but everyone else seemed able. FAKER?

Heba is just a whiney 5 yr old.

And Michelle's emotional baggage is getting old - going over it again each episode. At least her Dad seems to be a cool dood. I don't really know what to think about Renee - she hardly gets any camera time.

Red team....MEH.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:21 PM   #170

Oh man, I'm glad someone brought up the Cool Whip in a CAN. I mean, how unhealthy and unnatural must that crap be??? UGH These trainers must feel their stomach turn when they have to pimp this stuff.

Oh, and gum? Put it in the category of diet soda - stimulates appetite from the chewing motion and makes you seek more sugar because the sugary taste is a trigger. The milk is the only thing I can't take issue with - I used it last nite after I weight lifted. There's actually research posted on the weight lifting forum that chocolate milk is the perfect post workout snack from a carb/protein ratio perspective.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:53 AM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Oh man, I'm glad someone brought up the Cool Whip in a CAN. I mean, how unhealthy and unnatural must that crap be???
And probably chock full of hydrogenated vegetable oils.....just what we need.....NOT.

Quote:
These trainers must feel their stomach turn when they have to pimp this stuff.
Have you noticed that is it only Bob who pimps the processed stuff? That is because Jillian will not do it. She even mentioned that in her latest podcast.

Quote:
There's actually research posted on the weight lifting forum that chocolate milk is the perfect post workout snack from a carb/protein ratio perspective.
Very true. I have seen it mentioned many times as a good post workout drink on another weight lifting forum.

Last edited by canadianwoman : 10-17-2008 at 02:54 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:59 AM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by chick_in_the_hat View Post
And your Jenny-O turkey burger.
That too. (even though we don't have Jenny-O up here where I reside.)

Quote:
What the heck is wrong with Vickie that she can't walk up and down a mountain?
She has really bad arthritic knees. It was mentioned in an episode.

Quote:
Michelle's emotional baggage is getting old - going over it again each episode. At least her Dad seems to be a cool dood.
Hopefully her parents were watching that episode with her (because I am assuming they are all at home now until the finale) and have talked to her about it and straightenned her out on the matter.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:01 AM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelleigh View Post

But hopefully you'll still have your pack of Wrigley's Extra sugar-free gum in your pocket!
I never touch the stuff. Artificial sweeteners are poison in my opinion. Blech.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:58 AM   #174
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Have you noticed that is it only Bob who pimps the processed stuff? That is because Jillian will not do it. She even mentioned that in her latest podcast.
Yeah, she even wasn't totally onboard with the nalegene bottles until it was proven to her that they changed. I realize Bob wants to keep the show happy, but maybe he needs to do what Jillian did and say no way.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #175
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

The only pimped product I use on a regular basis is the Jennie-O turkey. It's cheaper than ground beef around here and I can sneak it into DHs meals and he doesn't know the difference.

Subway - All that bread has HFCS, or so I hear.
Extra Gum - Studies show that chewing gum can cause a bloated feeling from the excess air in your stomach. Just what I need.
Jello- My DSS hates jell-o. He thinks the texture is gross, so I don't ever think to buy it.
Cool Whip in a can - you know that's got to have some strange chemicals.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:07 PM   #176

We call subway, bread sandwiches. It's all bread with a kleenex sized amount of meat and cheese! THat's gotta totally blow their carb ratios for the day. Hey, maybe it's the only carbs they get all week or something! LOL
Old 10-17-2008, 05:40 PM   #177

Quote:
She has really bad arthritic knees. It was mentioned in an episode.

Ahh - I'm shutting up about it then.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:07 PM   #178

Actually, I should retract my mean comments about Subway. Yes, it's still mostly a bread sandwich, but I think 99% of the breads on the store shelves have hfcs. I think you probably have to go to a hfstore to find it w/o it, and then it would probably be a commitment to make the adjustment to get used to it. I can take the little bit in my whole wheat bread I think.......... I'll focus on avoiding it in other places.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:30 PM   #179

About Subway...I hardly ever eat lunch out so I don't go there very often. But given the other available choices of "fast food"....it's easier to find a relatively healthy chioce at a place like Subway than say a McDonalds....at least I'm not tempted by fries (just cause I don't order them doesn't mean I don't want to steal DH's). :P

Can you get a healthier choice at a health food store? Of course...but they are a little harder to come by.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:07 AM   #180

Quote:
We call subway, bread sandwiches. It's all bread with a kleenex sized amount of meat and cheese!
My former daughter-in-law worked at Subway when my son first met her and she said the workers were told to use as little meat and cheese (and other fillings) and they could get away with in order to save the store owners money.

Ever since if we want subs (in my family) we make our own since we live next to a 24 hour supermarket.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.