The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 04-02-2008, 08:43 AM   #106  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

I have been watching the YouTube episodes of Australia Biggest Loser. They ruined the ending for me now that I know Adro won. Oh well.

It does look like Ali and Jillian are about the same size now. The only time I noticed anything wrong with Ali's arms are when she went to brunch with Mark after they won the challenge and she had her monitor on way to tight. You could tell though that it wasn't fat, just the lose skin that needs to tighten.

I really think they should have put a disclaimer when they showed the part where the guys were jumping off the boat at the start of the triathlon. Mark's chest looks great and did you see all those ribs? Roger's wasn't to bad. But my GOD did they have to show Jay's moobs? Ali looked great in her suit and I think if Kelly would have had a different style she would have looked a little better.

I really wish they could get rid of Roger so that the girls can have a chance of winning.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #107  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Kelly is growing on me, and she is starting to look great and good for her finishing that challenge!
I think the best thing that happened to her was having Paul go home.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:27 AM   #108  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I agree he seemed to really bring her down, I dont remember her crying since he's been gone really. Except about how the girls cant beat the guys and yet the girls have won how many in a row? Please when are they gonna stop that negative self talk!? If you keep telling yourself you cant do it...you wont!!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:34 AM   #109  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I was soooo happy to see the two mopey brothers under the yellow line. Only I wished Mark was kicked out - not that I have any soft spot for Jay, but I just can't take Mark any more .... his crying at the drop of a hat is really getting on my nerves. I had to laugh when his wife asked "Are you crying again?" .... I wonder how she feels about it. The guy just is not enough man for me.

I was stumped when they announced last night's challenge .... I thoughts, the gals don't have a chance. I was very surprised to see how well Ali did - she is such a good swimmer. It was nice of Mark to wait for her (gotta give him credit for that) but I was floored that she, after all the triathlon, was able to carry him on her back to the finish line. Wow!

I was so proud of Kelly that she did finish - I was worried that she may give up somewhere in the middle. It was nice that for the major part she was actually ahead of Roger. I got teary eyed when the lady in the park cheered Kelly on and started to jog with her, and then Kelly picked up again. Good going!

I really did not like how Jillian was forcing the oysters on Kelly. Personally, I would not eat oysters myself, no matter how much other people enjoy them. A lot of people in North America detest liver - how would they feel if somebody shoved a piece of liver into their mouth and forced them to swallow it?
I was going to ask - did Kelly have an injury in the past or something? She walks very funny -she sort of waddles (I can't find a bettery way to describe it).

It was awesome that they were brought over to Australia and it's an interesting twist that they will be without the trainers next week - I can't wait to see the next episode.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:05 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Did you catch that part where Bob was talking about doing TBL on all the continents such as Australia and The United States. USA not a continent there, Sweet Pea. Little less time on glutes, little more on basic knowledge.

Not sure why they made such a big deal over Jay taking the shot to save Mark. The vote was going that way regardless of Jay's "selfless act". Mark has nothing left to lose and can be gotten rid of next week. Jay could still lose 20+ and is the much bigger threat. The women were definitely smart enough to see that and that's all it would have taken.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:18 AM   #111  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
I think the best thing that happened to her was having Paul go home.

YES! Paul was holding her back! She has done amazing without him!
Old 04-02-2008, 11:15 AM   #112  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Well I dunno..I started crying when Jay was sent home. I havent done that since Brittany left. Mark should've been the one to go home though.

I agree about Paul holding Kelly back. She's doing really good..but still a little annoying, lol.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:12 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 189/164/135

Height: 5'3"

I have been watching the biggest loser and for some reason it kicked me in gear and so far this year I have lost 20 pounds. I hope a girl wins this time around.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #114  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

I gave my inner dork a free reign this afternoon and I came up with a spreadsheet that I find very interesting. Take a look and see what you think. The way the numbers play out (if my formatting is correct) Ali, Roger and Kelly all have the same percentage left to lose. Interesting! Mark has about 6% less to lose, and the way his ribs were showing last night, I hope he stops right where he is!

I keep thinking that if we get to vote, then the next weigh-in really doesn't matter. I guess it's just a guaranteed spot in the finale for the top two. I think they need to have a BL - After Dark show like they do for Big Brother. Let's see how they act when no one is around, then I'll vote!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BL NUMBERS.pdf (10.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 04-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #115  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freem06 View Post
I have been watching the biggest loser and for some reason it kicked me in gear and so far this year I have lost 20 pounds. I hope a girl wins this time around.
That's great! Have you signed up for the next round of Biggest Losers challenges here on the board? We're a fun bunch of chickies!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:49 PM   #116  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I realize Mark has barely anything else to lose and Jay is the bigger threat. I also realize that they would have voted Jay off anyway but...Mark just comes off as very contrived and fake to me. He did the Ali thing because he knew it would look good. Maybe because he is attracted to her...I don't know but letting his brother stand there and say vote for me and for him to just put his head down and not say anything was a b... move to me! Have some class--put up a fight. Act like you care about him more than the game and back up all the crying about how much I love my brother with some true action. Can you tell I don't like him? LOL!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:55 PM   #117  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

yeah i think it was all an act on marks part with waiting on ali and letting his brother just take the fall was not cool
Old 04-03-2008, 01:03 AM   #118  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by likenoother View Post
I realize Mark has barely anything else to lose and Jay is the bigger threat. I also realize that they would have voted Jay off anyway but...Mark just comes off as very contrived and fake to me. He did the Ali thing because he knew it would look good. Maybe because he is attracted to her...I don't know but letting his brother stand there and say vote for me and for him to just put his head down and not say anything was a b... move to me! Have some class--put up a fight. Act like you care about him more than the game and back up all the crying about how much I love my brother with some true action. Can you tell I don't like him? LOL!
Man that guy just cant get a break huh? Nothing he does is right. He's tough and macho and he gets ripped on, he's soft and sensitive and he gets ripped on. He told everyone to vote him off and he was ripped on, he let his brother stand up and be a man and take the fall and he is ripped on. He gets ripped on for controlling his brother, then ripped on for letting his brother make his own decisions. I really hope he doesn't read message boards or he may end up obese again. As selfish and self centered as this guy supposedly is, he does something kind and nope...gotta be an act. I've seen quotes how he's not man enough and he's a cheater.

I happen to like the guy and the more bashing I see the more I hope for him. I might just pull out my go mark pompoms, he certainly deserves the prize! He's worked darn hard and lost buckets of fat!
Old 04-03-2008, 01:10 AM   #119  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

As far as Jay is concerned, I wanted to mention that the name of the disorder his little girl has and link to the site. It's called Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome. http://www.beckwith-wiedemannsyndrom...e.asp?ID=28768

Mel, I agree that there is too much criticism in general for what is one side of a person's behavior (appearance, weight loss, attitude etc.) we are shown and Mark seems to bear the brunt of it lately.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:34 AM   #120  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
I happen to like the guy and the more bashing I see the more I hope for him. I might just pull out my go mark pompoms, he certainly deserves the prize! He's worked darn hard and lost buckets of fat!
You may like him as much as you wish, that is your own choice. But I think Ali lost buckets of fat as well, worked just as hard and is not annoying. I would much prefer it be her who wins.