The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 03-25-2008, 09:57 PM   #16  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

How can you be so freaking stupid??? Mark only needs to lose like 2 more--maybe more--pounds and he can win the whole game! He can go home and sit on his behind until the finale. I've been skipping watching American Idol for this??? Dan and Jackie look good!

Last edited by Shay; 03-25-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:10 PM   #17  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
03-19-2008, 07:36 PM #973
likenoother

Updated %

Dan--36%
Mark--35%
Ali--34%
Roger--33%
Jay--30%
Kelly--27%
Based on last weeks percentages I disagree with your comment about Mark being able to win. He doesn't really have any more weight to lose. Dan can still probably lose another 15-20 pounds on the ranch so he is a far bigger threat than Marks maybe 10 pounds.

Based on the girls from past seasons Ali could lose probably another 15-20 pounds. Roger could probably lose another 45 and Jay another 20. That leaves Kelly who could potentially lose 55 more pounds.

Realistically, I don't think Kelly can lose hers fast enough to catch up to the guys but she definitely has the biggest potential to be the biggest loser.

So that really leaves Roger to win if he stays. IMO

Last edited by zinkemomx2; 03-25-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:22 AM   #18  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Missed the show last night...what happened guys???!!! Who got voted off???
Old 03-26-2008, 07:41 AM   #19  

Dan and Mark were below the yellow and they voted out Dan.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:09 AM   #20  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I am so upset - I could not watch The Biggest Loser! Ontario had another stupid snow storm and when I was ready to fire up the TV, I noticed that my satellite receiver has a red light. I tried calling Starchoice but the recording only said they are "experiencing a very high volume of calls and to please call back at another time", after which cheerful message it automatically disconnected me.

I went to check my satellite dish and of course, it was BURIED under a blanket of very wet ice. I even waded across the yard, to the shed, for a ladder but it was pointless - the dish is too far on the roof and there was no way to do anything about it. I returned the ladder into the shed [10 calories burned].

I was SO UPSET - this is something I look forward to the entire week. Couldn't the stupid storm happen on another night? Aaargh.

Ok. I know now that Dan was voted off. I am actually laughing but last week, I was thinking " I hope you will be sorry one day that you did not vote Mark out" - and voila, one week later, here we go! LOL

Please somebody tell me some more - what was last night's challenge? Did anybody have immunity?
Old 03-26-2008, 02:17 PM   #21  

Here is an excellent recap site.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:22 PM   #22  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

OMG! I just spit soup out thru my nose at that site! Here's the recap of the popquiz results.....

"Since Dan is closest, he wins! He congratulates himself for being proven the smartest person in the house. I mean, it's like, him versus Roger. Don't fill out that MENSA application yet, is all I'm saying."

ouch! Didn't make him smart enough to stay above the yellow line, did it?
Old 03-26-2008, 03:36 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
Based on last weeks percentages I disagree with your comment about Mark being able to win. He doesn't really have any more weight to lose.
I was thinking that too, until I realized that the contestants are not penalized for losing lean bodyweight, so Mark can go ahead and drop another 70#+ of water, muscle and bone. In fact, since one pound of muscle is 75% water, it only takes something like 500 Cal. to burn off a pound of muscle vs. 3,500 Cal for a pound of fat. It won't be healthy, but Mark could drop weight like crazy once his fat stores are exhausted, if he keeps starving and working out! He should drop all the weight training and just do endless cardio on a 500 Cal./day diet.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:47 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
Here is an excellent recap site.
Fantastic recap. More entertaining than the actual show.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:25 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin41 View Post
Fantastic recap. More entertaining than the actual show.
The recaps are so good, I'm going back and reading them even though I know what happened.

I love this part about the Fashion Show and Makeover segment...

Dan has lost over 100 pounds. He…uh….is he wearing a wig? Dan has a combination bowl cut/mullet -- a bowllet? -- with big cowlicks and some serious shades. He looks like Cynthia Nixon's girlfriend. Better than Bruce Vilanch, I guess. It's incremental progress.

I told ya'll he looked like a woman!
Old 03-26-2008, 04:31 PM   #26  

Another noteable line from this week's recap:

Quote:
I do think Jay is an okay guy, and certainly the most palatable of Kappa Assa Pride.

Thanks for pointing out that recap, Zinkemom!!
Old 03-26-2008, 04:45 PM   #27  

Odd question, but I'm sitting here at work and can't remember...Did Kelly cry any last night? Remember how she usually cried at least three times an episode at the begining? Now its the guys crying. I don't remember her crying at all last night.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:49 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
I was thinking that too, until I realized that the contestants are not penalized for losing lean bodyweight, so Mark can go ahead and drop another 70#+ of water, muscle and bone. In fact, since one pound of muscle is 75% water, it only takes something like 500 Cal. to burn off a pound of muscle vs. 3,500 Cal for a pound of fat. It won't be healthy, but Mark could drop weight like crazy once his fat stores are exhausted, if he keeps starving and working out! He should drop all the weight training and just do endless cardio on a 500 Cal./day diet.

You're right as always Robert, and I don't put it past him at all.

This gives a new explanation to why all the contestants look "drop dead g.... gaunt" on the finale show. They don't look pumped up with muscle, they look hungry and weak!!!

I am totally in love with Ali's body. I want an upperbody just like hers!!! She looks so perfect with just the right amount of muscle bulge when she's standing there in the weigh-ins. That tank looks great on her. Kelly's not there yet, but give her time..........

Kelly did not cry!! She got close to a disgusted cry (not a pity cry just a frustrated cry) when she was recalling on camera how all the guys really ganged up on her at the challenge and her table was overflowing, but she looked away and stopped herself. And about that challenge, so funny how that mattered NOTHING in the end!

Last edited by sportmom; 03-26-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:06 PM   #29  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Sportmom--I agree with you about Ali. She looks fantastic.

About voting off Dan--after calming down I understand why Roger would vote off Dan because right now he is his biggest competition. But Mark is like the person that will never go away. He gets on my freaking nerves and shave why don't you? You look like you haven't bathed in weeks. He looks a bit gaunt to me now. I just do not want him in the final three.

Current %
Mark--36% Ali--36% (Dan--36%)
Roger--35%
Jay--31%
Kelly--29%
Old 03-26-2008, 05:17 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by likenoother View Post
Current %
Mark--36% Ali--36% (Dan--36%)
Roger--35%
Jay--31%
Kelly--29%
So on the information that the top 2 automatically go to the finals and we pick the third.....if Ali can stay on top, then it would be Mark and Ali (unless one of them gets eliminated) and we would pick between Roger and Jay. I would pick Jay. Of course these are all hypotheticals, but I'm already starting my scenario obsessions. Although Kelly has grown on me the past few weeks (minimal crying as far as I can tell). I was so excited last night by her weigh in which cemented one of the cocky blue team members outster!