3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing

The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

TBL Couples: Season 5 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 10:18 PM   #166

Diva - I agree about Ali. She's done amazing but I also can relate to her emotional struggle. Any time she has a break down, I bawl too because her words could be coming out of my mouth!

Long Term Weight Loss Goal (Starting 01/01/07)
Old 04-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #167
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk571 View Post
Week to week they base it on the weight loss for that week (as to who goes home), but for the ultimate winner it goes on total overall percentage weight loss.
Thanks. It makes it harder for the women, but I'm hoping one of them does take it!

Old 04-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #168
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk571 View Post
Diva - I agree about Ali. She's done amazing but I also can relate to her emotional struggle. Any time she has a break down, I bawl too because her words could be coming out of my mouth!
That's how I feel too. I just don't know what to do to tap into this and "fix" it. I don't know anyone here or have any friends close. I've grown apart from my friend's back home and my best friend is skinny and has never been fat a day in her life. For the past 10 years I have isolated myself from all my family, friends and even the world. But tonight, it came to me. The exact moment 11 yrs ago when I gave up on Roni and all her dreams and died on the inside.

Wow...I need a moment.....

SB Bio
Old 04-08-2008, 10:42 PM   #169
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

ali looks amazing!!! kelly is really starting to show some big body changes too! go girls!!!

GOAL~March 21, 2009 LIFETIME~May 2, 2009
Old 04-08-2008, 10:56 PM   #170
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

dh saw the pic of Brit and he cant stop staring at her..lmao!!

Francie

"I'm beautiful in my way. 'Cause God makes no mistakes. I'm on the right track, baby. I was Born This Way"~Lady Gaga <3
Old 04-09-2008, 12:38 AM   #171
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: 180/160/130

Height: 4'11"

zinkemomx2- i jumped off of the couch too! LOL!
Where are you all finding the myspaces for these peps?

MINI GOAL # 1 - 10 lbs lost - MET!
MINI GOAL # 2 - 20 lbs lost - MET! - Over 10%
MINI GOAL # 3 - 25 lbs lost - in progress (again) - Half way mark!
MINI GOAL # 4 - 31 lbs lost - No longer obese!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:40 AM   #172

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Anybody else notice how Ali, and maybe Kelly, I'm not sure, were wearing sweatshirts during their final workouts? Makes me wonder how much of those final pounds were the result of dehydration and not exercise and nutrition.

Regardless, Ali looked freakin amazing at the weigh-in.

Current Weight: 144 lbs.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:42 AM   #173
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Default WHOOO HOOO! The girls ROCK!

I too, was SOOO excited the girls did so well...I agree, obviously they had a bit more time after their return from Australia to put up those kinds of numbers, but I am sure they are excited too and working very hard! All of them did great, but I am very, very pleased to see Ali and Kelly in there for the finale! Ali looks like she is at the finale already...her legs are tiny and thighs are not touching (wouldn't that feel amazing!?) and the changes in Kelly are just remarkable, her confidence and spirit are being released from under the "fat suit" so to speak.

Looking forward to the big finish...and I am extremely inspired myself! I feel like hopping on the treadmill again and it's 10:40 at night! LOL.

Myspace pages, many of the contestants have them, you can find many others from their friends area...here are some links:
Brittany http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=330 004052
Trainer Bob
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=647 19002
Old 04-09-2008, 02:21 AM   #174
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

Robin, I noticed the long sleeves too and I mentioned the same thing to dh.

I also said the same thing about ali to him too! LMAO

..............................Updated 11/11/08
Old 04-09-2008, 07:06 AM   #175
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Oh gosh, what an episode last night!
I could not believe that Roger lost 12 pounds (or something like that) and I thought the girls are doomed, they can't beat that. Oh my - could I have been more wrong?
When Ali stood on the scale, she looked incredible - I swear she was the hottest thing on the planet at that moment. And when Kelly lost 13 pounds, I started to cry (all those episodes of watching Mark must have rubbed off on me ).
Yay! Kelly FINALLY spat into her proverbial palms and started to FIGHT.
I felt like I was slightly stoned during the whole episode, I will really hate for this season to be over.

Tough job with the voting. I don't know who I would have voted off - probably Roger, because he has more weight to lose than Mark. Although Mark looked too thin yesterday, especially in the face. But Mark will milk it to the last drop even if he ends up looking like Tom Hanks in the final moments of Philadelphia.
Kelly has a chance to be TBL, but I don't know if she has the spirit (hopefully she does now). I don't know how much more can Ali lose?

Anyway, I will be happy if either girl wins. GO GIRLS, GO!!!!

Last edited by Tomato : 04-09-2008 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:38 AM   #176
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
Dixie - Where are you with your fancy charts for us?
Here you go. I accidentaly deleted it yesterday, thankfully it was still in the recycle bin.

I just don't see where Ali can pull 21 more pounds off her tiny little body. Or where Mark could get another 12 pounds from. Kelly, yes, I can see being able to easily lose up to another 45 pounds, because we weigh almost the same thing as of last night. And I know I could stand to lose 45 pounds. Roger maybe could lose the 39 poounds, but I just don't think he'd look healthy.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BL NUMBERS.pdf (10.1 KB, 21 views)
Old 04-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #177

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Oh, Roni!!! BIG HUG!!!!!

If we all want a woman to win TBL this year I think we all need to vote for Mark.

With regard to dehydration, etc . . . I kind of think that's why Mark's been so emotional. Dehydration messes with your head.

I didn't think Mark looked healthy at all at the end of the show. I was quite sad about it.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:23 AM   #178
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
That's how I feel too. I just don't know what to do to tap into this and "fix" it. I don't know anyone here or have any friends close. I've grown apart from my friend's back home and my best friend is skinny and has never been fat a day in her life. For the past 10 years I have isolated myself from all my family, friends and even the world. But tonight, it came to me. The exact moment 11 yrs ago when I gave up on Roni and all her dreams and died on the inside.

Wow...I need a moment.....
I could have written that myself. Eight years ago I moved to Pensacola and gave up everything for a job I hated. Then I married DH and found a new job, both of which I love, and they have become my whole life. I realize now that it's okay to be selfish and want something for myself. That's what 3fc has become for me, my support system, and my sanity, sometimes my insanity. So remember that we're here for you. (And if you want to move to Pensacola, I'd be happy to make you my RL BFF )
Old 04-09-2008, 11:24 AM   #179
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

a friend of mine thought maybe they were using laxatives too...so sad to think they would!

GOAL~March 21, 2009 LIFETIME~May 2, 2009
Old 04-09-2008, 12:40 PM   #180
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 16/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

If Kelly can pull up her bootstraps and dig deep...I know she can do this. I want her to win. Ali and Mark are there they can't do much more. I've been rooting for Roger but sorry gotta vote for Mark. LOL we are playing the game just like them. I wonder how many people won't vote for Mark just because they don't like him? Can you vote more than once?
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.