The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 02-27-2008, 12:52 PM   #781  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I really don't think it is possible for there to be a woman biggest loser. They would have to practically get down to zero to compete with % of body fat lost. Now Britney may have a chance because she is the smallest woman right? but with a track record of small losses it may not help.

Dan is young. He will be cocky. He truly does need a haircut.

I guess I missed Kelly crying. I thought she made it through one episode. I almost forgot the show was coming on bc I was working on a paper for school. I guess by the time I turned it on she was done crying.

Percentages so far:
Men
Dan & Bernie--29%
Roger--26%
Jay--25%

Women
Kelly--22%
Maggie--21%
Britney--19%

At this rate Maggie and Britney would be in the bottom two next week. I think they would send Maggie home.

Last edited by Shay; 02-27-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:33 PM   #782  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

I agree with Ginger (?name?) about the only way for a woman to be TBL is for all the finalists to be women.

Kelly bawling about "the pressure" . . . Good God, Woman!! The world does NOT revolve around you!!! The person on the black team under pressure to pull BIG NUMBERS is the only MAN on the team. Bernie saved their butts. He's getting small enough he won't be able to do that much longer.

I think they rig the challenge so whichever team has been losing the weigh ins has an unfair advantage. If the obstacle course had only 1 heavy lifting thing the black team would have had a chance. But flipping the huge tires AND moving a ton of sandbags?? Come on . . . Any moron could look at those two teams and see which one had an unfair advantage.

Mark HAD to go. He doesn't have the poundage to lose anymore. Bernie's getting there, too.

Brittany has been my fave since the pink team was eliminated. I love her. She's TOUGH. Kelly's a whiney-as&, spineless, bawl baby. Maggie just seems to be along for the ride.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:53 PM   #783  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Danny NEEDS a haircut and can't sing and I hope him or Roger go next. They are too cocky for their own good! and all that male bonding, the tattoo and the crying, jeez! So tired of all the crying already. Kelly and her crying self too! Although, I think she got thru one show finally without doing so. I think she was on the verge though after she weighed, ugh! REally tired of the whole blue team period.

Hoping the show gets a little better the next few episodes because last night was terrible...almost change the station.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 02-27-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #784  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Loved watching Mark go home to his icky family. Not very nice of me but that daughter may be one of the homeliest kids I've ever seen.

I'm not very nice either because I thought the same thing.

You're right, you're just as rude. Big pet peeve of mine is adults saying ugly things about little kids.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:45 PM   #785  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Okay...I'm new to this section of the website and I'm SOO glad I found this. I have been following TBL for a few years now.

FrouFrou - THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one completely ANNOYED with Dan. He is WAY too cocky and he is driving me insane. He definitely needs a haircut - BAD! I wish he was kicked off last night...but oh well. Did anyone hear him say to Bob that he would take him to Puerto Rico if Allison backs out?!?! I highly doubt she would be going with him. I actually like Roger.

Brittany or Britney? I don't know how she spells it...but she was my very fav. UNTIL she was totally nasty at the last voting towards Paul. I know he is a little different but I thought she was being very immature. So...my new fav. is Bernie. He is just the cutest, sweetest thing ever!! LOVE Bernie!

Anyone have a fav. trainer or do you like everyone? I have to say I am partial to Jillian. I love her. I wish she would kick my butt in the gym!
Old 02-27-2008, 03:47 PM   #786  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I've gotta agree that isnt very nice at all. I dont understand attacking his family and children. What makes them icky? They all love and support each other and I found that little girl to be adorable. I love little ones in glasses.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:59 PM   #787  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

She could be really cute. I didn't find her homely, but I did think that he better get working with her and the family's eating plan very soon or it will be too late to save her from an overweight teenage phase. She def looks on tv as if she falls into the childhood obesity category. It's one thing to do that to yourself, but to do it to your kids, no way. At least mine are healthy & active. They are my role models, actually. Hopefully they'll get things under control now that he's back, i know the wife said she's already trying.

Last edited by sportmom; 02-27-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:17 PM   #788  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

I wonder how long Mark had been home when they shot the update. He'd only lost another 6 pounds, which indicated to me that had he stayed on the BL ranch/campus, that he wouldn't have lost a massive amount. I just don't think he has that much weight left to lose. According to one height/weight calculator I found, he should ideally weight about 178. I think he'll be lower at the finale, because we know what they do to rid their bodies of any excess in the days prior to the live event. Just my 2 cents, but I think it was the best choice for the team.

I didn't mind the tatoos, but I wish they'd shown Bob's reaction. Or did they and I just missed it? I'd be interested in seeing Jackie's reaction too. So how did they keep the guys from calling home from the hotel?
Old 02-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #789  
Melissa

Oh I wanted to see Bob's reaction to the tattoos too!
Old 02-27-2008, 06:26 PM   #790  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Oh I wanted to see Bob's reaction to the tattoos too!
What was Bob's reaction to the tattoos? I don't remember seeing it... Bob has a whack of tattoos himself, so I'd be surprised if he would think it was uncool...
Old 02-27-2008, 09:21 PM   #791  
Melissa

They didnt show his reaction, just the black teams. Which of course was eye rolling...although had it been their idea I'm sure it would have been cool.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #792  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Yeah, there was a ton of eye rolling last night!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:24 AM   #793  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
I wonder how long Mark had been home when they shot the update. He'd only lost another 6 pounds, which indicated to me that had he stayed on the BL ranch/campus, that he wouldn't have lost a massive amount. I just don't think he has that much weight left to lose. According to one height/weight calculator I found, he should ideally weight about 178. I think he'll be lower at the finale, because we know what they do to rid their bodies of any excess in the days prior to the live event. Just my 2 cents, but I think it was the best choice for the team.
I wondered the same thing, too. I also wondered if he took some time off from the intense exercising to let his leg heal and maybe that's why he hasn't taken much off since leaving the ranch. I agree that he didn't have much left to lose and it was probably the right time for him to leave.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:03 AM   #794  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

PRIDE ON THREE! PRIDE ON THREE!

Will we be spared the rally call now that Mark is gone????
Old 02-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #795  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierHeather View Post
PRIDE ON THREE! PRIDE ON THREE!

Will we be spared the rally call now that Mark is gone????
Doubt it....Roger is the one that usually starts those huddle cheers....

My DVR freaked out right before the weigh-in/cryfest, so I missed all that boo-hooin' stuff. SO GLAD! LOL I do wish I had seen Mark's transformation at the end, though...

So is it looking like it will be every person for him/herself next week?