3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing

The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

TBL Couples: Season 5 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 09:34 AM   #766

S/C/G: 257/219/145

The challenge tonight was kinda boring because it was obvious who was going to win. Not saying they didn't work for it, but when the outcome is so obvious I get bored. Once again Brit just keeps going trying to get it done, and Kelly drags behind...I think Brit is good for their team because she is the woman that gives it her all and doesn't quit until she absolutely has to in those competitions. Think back, she's always the last standing when it comes to endurance, so she deserves to stay even if she loses slower for some reason. She is realy trying and doing her best. I can handle her eye rolls, but Kelly doesn't put out as much effort plus the whining and crying, I wish they'd please just eliminate her already!

It was nice to see Dan put in his place at the weigh in. He went in saying he felt unstoppable, that he was consistent and the blue team had this in the bag...and came out a loser! But that doesn't matter, the tough guy cockiness will be back next week. I just don't get how they lose most of the WIs, but think they are so invincible? And BL plays them up like they are unstoppable as well sometimes...and they are so cocky yet they keep losing

Ginger--I would LOVE to see the black team pick off blue and have a female winner this year. I think it is possible, but still don't believe it will come out that way in the end. They will go to singles next week, right? Fighting for their own safety, the men could easily pull Bernie in and pick out the girls with their bigger numbers.

August 25: 245 (Mini Goals: 283, 277, 271, 264, 258, 251, 245)
October 31: 199
November 27: 180
January 1: 165
February 15: 150
Old 02-27-2008, 09:48 AM   #767
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Ginger, so glad you decided to voice your opinion here! No one will rough you up around here, I promise.

Well, Mark's control issues were in full force this week. He really thinks that his brother can't do this without him. He sure is arrogant!

Roger is becoming a real hottie! I do love me a big ole' southern boy! And, is Brittney a beauty or what?!

I'm also over the Black team's whining. Okay...we get it...Bob stacked the Blue team. So, how's that working? Not so good.

Not sure yet who I want to win this one. I'm not as impressed with Bernie as everyone else seems to be. He's nice, but just doesn't have that spark for me. I think I want Roger to win this time.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:52 AM   #768
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
I think Brit is good for their team because she is the woman that gives it her all and doesn't quit until she absolutely has to in those competitions.
I think she's probably the PCOS lady that Jillian talked about.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:38 AM   #769
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I totally forgot...did anyone else notice that last week Allison was wearing blue and the blue team won. And this week she was wearing black and black team won? Coinkidink?? LOL! I remember thinking last week that she shouldnt wear team colors...then she did it again this week. I wonder if its been that way EVERY week!
Old 02-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #770
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by likenoother View Post
Now all the men are crying. I guess they are trying to make up for Kelly. She hasn't done any tonight, right? I think its funny that Jay didn't take off his shirt tonight.
I said that there is a point in every season where the men put shirts on and the women switch from jog bras to tank tops.

Eating the best food in the worst portions.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:03 AM   #771

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

I have no issue with men shedding a few tears. Birth, death, your team wins the Super Bowl, Field of Dreams, no issue at all with a few tears. This was freakin ridiculous.

Take care of my little brother??? Freakin ridiculous. I don't care if they're close. That was just weirdly out of whack control issues. How about you wish your brother well and tell him you'll watch over his family and not to worry? Maybe try that.

The challenge. Freakin ridiculous. Four huge guys against three and a half women flipping a 200 pound tire. Why bother?

Loved watching Mark go home to his icky family. Not very nice of me but that daughter may be one of the homeliest kids I've ever seen.

Other than the look on Mark's face when he only lost one pound, I thought this episode was pretty much a trainwreck.

Current Weight: 144 lbs.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:15 AM   #772
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Wait, HOW is Mark's body broken down???
He has that shin fracture and can't workout as hard as the others.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:24 AM   #773
Incredible Shrinking Sue

S/C/G: 284/146/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin41 View Post
The challenge. Freakin ridiculous. Four huge guys against three and a half women flipping a 200 pound tire. Why bother?
Great comment!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #774
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Rhonda ~ I agree with you about Roger, I think if he can last he'll end up winning. I laughed when he went home and where they went to eat in Enterprise, AL . Dh was at Ft. Rucker going to flight school and we lived in Enterprise our first year of marriage. lol

Ginger~ I do believe it's time for a woman to win, but with the ladies that are left I don't see it happening.

Robin41~ Yeah that is pretty rude of you talking like that about a little kid.

Last edited by Catsgetnhealthy : 02-27-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:36 AM   #775

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Quote:
Loved watching Mark go home to his icky family. Not very nice of me but that daughter may be one of the homeliest kids I've ever seen.
I'm not very nice either because I thought the same thing.

I am still glad that Brit is in it just because of her determination in those challenges. She hasn't given up in one yet. Then to see her on the treadmill with Jillian. 14mph! There is no way I could run that right now. But I can identify with what Jillian was saying about quitting. I often feel as that is why I have never tried to lose weight. If I don't try then I can't fail. I need to change that thinking as every pound lost is a success. I don't need to lose it all overnight. There will be setbacks and I am learning from them every day.

Mark really could have handled things much better. Robin41 is right. Tell your little brother you will take care of his family and that you wish him luck. End of story.

Dan will probably lose an extra two pounds when he finally gets a haircut. His choice of tattoo was not wise. I think he is going to regret his decision. I also didn't care for Jay's cover up. It looks like he has a big black square on his arm. Not really fond of Rogers either. By and far Marks was the best choice.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:43 AM   #776

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Anybody else think that Jillian's little habit of setting the treadmill for 14 mph and then telling somebody to jump on from a standing start is just incredibly dangerous? It's one thing if you get on at 6 mph, get your feet and balance going, and then turn the speed up, but jumping on from the sides at that speed is a recipe for a face plant, broken nose and new teeth. I'm amazed every time she does that to a player.

Current Weight: 144 lbs.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:29 PM   #777
Boston Qualifier and MOM

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/?

Height: 5'3.75"

OMG my DVR did not record last nights show...I am so PISSED

My before/after pics
Old 02-27-2008, 01:33 PM   #778
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
And, is Brittney a beauty or what?!
She's so pretty! I thought she was pretty when they started, but man, she's downright hot now.

Goal/Reward: 240/Pedicure 230/Swimsuit 220/Dress
Old 02-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #779
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin41 View Post
Anybody else think that Jillian's little habit of setting the treadmill for 14 mph and then telling somebody to jump on from a standing start is just incredibly dangerous? It's one thing if you get on at 6 mph, get your feet and balance going, and then turn the speed up, but jumping on from the sides at that speed is a recipe for a face plant, broken nose and new teeth. I'm amazed every time she does that to a player.
very dangerous...both for falling and for your hamstrings..

ok read through all the comments. YAY mark is gone, what a jerk

There will never be a BL woman winner as long as they set it up the way they have. The closest a woman ever came, she would have had to be at an unhealthy weight to win - she just wasnt fat enough to begin with and had no extra body fat to lose at the end.

If the contest were set up as % of EXCESS fat, with women being set at about 10% higher allowable fat (as per what is healthy) then the playing field would be more level. But that is too complicated for prime time scale hounds.

I take it back...I think the bulk of the demographics is female viewers and eventually they will rig a way to get a female winner...either an all female competition, or rigging the challenges etc to favor women. Maybe rig the starting weights so that the women have a better shot. There was a rather large woman running an ultra last week...what if a bunch of fairly fit but very over weight women went up against a bunch of not too overweight but very flabby men...they could rig it.

As long as brit keeps on being endurance tough queen she is my favorite (gotta root for a chick even though she has no chance). Roger would probably be my second choice. Someone please kill Kelly and Dan

My before/after pics
Old 02-27-2008, 01:47 PM   #780
Boston Qualifier and MOM

OK...about this 14 mph thing...are they kidding? How long are they making them hold this? That is world class runner pace if they are holding it for more than about 1 minute. 4:16.8 minutes/mile.

Either they are doing 15 second intervals or they are lying or we have the fattest olympic athlete training team in history.

My before/after pics
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.