The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 02-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #751  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Gosh, is mark having PMS tonite or WHAT???

What's the deal with the little brother protection thing? You'd think he was mentally disabled or something. I think Jay can fend for himself just fine.........
Old 02-26-2008, 09:55 PM   #752  

Oh, this is just weird and uncomfortable. It's like male bonding camp. Or else they all got transfusions with Kelly's blood over the last week.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:55 PM   #753  

Wait, HOW is Mark's body broken down??? Is that why he lost only one pound? I don't understand why they would send him home when next week he will have a BIG LOSS.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:59 PM   #754  

Damn, Mark's looking GOOD. looking like some bob-cousin or something!!!! wwoohoo!
Old 02-26-2008, 10:00 PM   #755  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

If blue loses next week, they need to vote Jay off next. I don't care for anyone on the black team so any one of them could go home if they lose the weigh in. Okay Bernie is alright. If he didn't have that sense of humor I would care less. Mark looks great. Yes they're going to individuals next week!
Old 02-26-2008, 10:04 PM   #756  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I think this was the only opportunity to get him off the team because he would have pulled a big number next week. I guess that really doesn't matter since they are going to individuals.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:31 PM   #757  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Mark had that stress fracture in his leg. Must not be healing very well. I am so glad they didn't back door Roger. I probably would have crawled through the TV and kicked some ***.

He said he was down to 195 and wants to lose 10 more. 185 and he will look perfect. He doesn't need to stay at the ranch to lose 10 pounds.

So glad we didn't have to see Jay's moobs.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:36 PM   #758  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

Okay...so....here's my observations from tonights episode:

Episode starts off with....guess what? Kelly's crying!! Grrr....enough already woman. I hope she puts eye cream on every night, because she is going to have some serious wrinkles if she keeps this up!

The boys in their suits.....too funny....you could see how great they felt. That was nice of Bob to do that for them.

Does anyone else find Dan annoying now? He is getting a little too cocky for me. Plus that tattoo was so ugly. ick.

Thank you...thank you....no man boobs tonight. Jay looks like he has two tube socks filled with sand attached to his chest....I simply can't look at that.

Brittany is annoying at times, but she is looking hot....AND I feel like she is a wounded soul. There is a sadness about her. meh.

GO BERNIE!

Okay last but not least.....the vote. OMG. They should have had a warning that stated this show was not suitable for people like me....AND it should have been titled "when male bonding goes bad." WAAAAAAY too weird for me. Does Mark realize that his brother is a grown man with a wife and children....a job....AND a home? Why is he so OVER-protective? You can tell Jay is just dying to get out of his brother's shadow and fly on his own.

The ending was nice....a nice farewell. Mark looks absolutely AMAZING. No matter what his personality flaws are, he is an amazing competitor and he took this challenge and ran with it. He should be so proud of himself.

Next week looks like it's going to be good too. This season has really kept me interested.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:20 PM   #759  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

OMG I'm so sick of the black team and all their whining and crying and pissing and moaning. Seriously put on the big girl panties people! How can they sit there and talk about how unfair things are, oh its so unfair, its stacked against us.....HELLO! You've won more times than blue. Good lord, its time to suck it up and move on. Thats always their excuse...oh well we have to go against the big boys...uh huh and you won 3 of 4 weigh ins now havent you, continuing to cry about things makes you look pathetic?? And man are they sore losers...just sad. I'm sick to death of Brittney's eye rolls over anything blue.

I thought this was a really fun episode, the man bonding didnt bother me at all.

So looks like big losses next week because someone breaks 100 lbs.

Last edited by Hun.e.B; 02-26-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:04 AM   #760  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Man, I missed the show tonight! Must have gotten my times wrong because I didn't know there was going to be a Presidential debate on tonight. Sighs...
Old 02-27-2008, 01:56 AM   #761  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Okay, I haven't written in here because I'm always afraid of what people might think of what I say. So please, go easy on me

I'm happy one of the blue (Mark) went home. Of course Dan knows he would have been a goner if he had not won biggest loser of his team.

This is how I would be looking at the game if I was one of the contestants: Not once has a woman won biggest loser. This is finally their chance. Black team picks off the blue team one-by-one and then the women should plot to get Bernie off as soon as they are able. Then, finally with only three or two women left, a woman can finally win the BIGGEST LOSER TITLE!

I think it's time.

Also, has anyone noticed that only Bernie and Brittany are left as an original couple. All the other couples have lost their other half. Interesting that the strangers (not the friends, teammates, family members) are still left in the game together.

Anyhow, these are just my thoughts. Who knows what will really happen and what kind of loops they will toss into the game to shake things up.

What do you think? Is it finally time for a woman to be the biggest loser?

Cheers,
Ginger
Old 02-27-2008, 06:50 AM   #762  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

All I have to say is - all of the MALE CRYING WAS SO ANNOYING!! I thought Kelly was annoying with her crying in he past, but this crap from the men tonight just took the cake as far as emotional whiny teary crap that wasn't really necessary. You know, I understand that brothers can have a close and special relationship, but there was just something weird about how Mark was acting about leaving Jay. HE IS A GROWN MAN - HE WILL BE FINE! Seriously, I was just totally turned off from the crying. Geez people get it together!
Old 02-27-2008, 07:41 AM   #763  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmyerica View Post
Okay...so....here's my observations from tonights episode:

Episode starts off with....guess what? Kelly's crying!! Grrr....enough already woman. I hope she puts eye cream on every night, because she is going to have some serious wrinkles if she keeps this up!
LMAO!!!! I made amental note of that too, but seeing the way you typed it made me spit a lil' of my coffee!
Old 02-27-2008, 08:00 AM   #764  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

The crying was so over the top. My DH goes, "Dude, they're not in Iraq or something... it's fat camp!" They were laying it on pretty thick!
Old 02-27-2008, 08:11 AM   #765  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
"Dude, they're not in Iraq or something... it's fat camp!"
that's so true, it was a bit much...

Danny need a hair cut, when will the makeover team come in...plus he is getting cocky...

I KNEW the black team was going to win just by the editing... I'm getting pretty good at reading those reality shows... It's all about editing...