The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-09-2008, 06:37 PM   #151  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Yada yada yada...blah blah blah. Can I just be one the simple minded one who likes to veg in front of the TV and enjoy one of my favorite shows? At my age, I'm past the point of analyzing all of this stuff. After all, the reality is that this "reality" show has been seriously edited and is not reality at all! For me, its a fun show with people doing what I dream of doing one day....losing a lot of weight and getting made over! Fun Fun!
Just my 2 cents! So, let's get on with the business of enjoying the show. Who's with me?

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-09-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #152  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Yada yada yada...blah blah blah. Can I just be one the simple minded one who likes to veg in front of the TV and enjoy one of my favorite shows? At my age, I'm past the point of analyzing all of this stuff. After all, the reality is that this "reality" show has been seriously edited and is not reality at all! For me, its a fun show with people doing what I dream of doing one day....losing a lot of weight and getting made over! Fun Fun!
Just my 2 cents! So, let's get on with the business of enjoying the show. Who's with me?

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo with you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~The "other" Ronda who is from Georgia, lol!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:50 PM   #153  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

We've had these conversations before, and I have to ask - are there others out there for whom analyzing and critiquing and even griping are PART of the enjoyment of the show? If so, do our opinions and conversations belong on another thread?
Old 01-09-2008, 08:09 PM   #154  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Forgive me if this tangent is too far out there, but this is what's on my mind:

I think that, of all the boards I have been on in the past 15 years, 3FC is the one where any discussion that even borders on debate is frowned upon most, avoided and often misinterpreted.

Me, when there is a difference of opinions, I view it as an opportunity to learn and I like to be direct, hash it all out and take something away from the experience. I like a little friendly debate and discussion!

I don't attack people, name call and the like, but people may sometimes still see my directness and outspokenness as uncouth, unladylike (whatever the **** that means ) and in general unacceptable. This makes me sad.

I don't care for passive-aggressive behavior. If I have something to say, I say it, taking the other people and their feelings into consideration, naturally, but I like to be as real with people on the internet as I am with my face to face friends and family.

Not everyone feels the same.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:23 PM   #155  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I'm with you Rhonda and Roni! I'd prefer to just enjoy the show, root for my favorites, get my inspirations and that be the end of it. It is after all just a tv show! Analyzing things when you cant possibly have the whole story takes the enjoyment out of it. And the negative bashing really brings me down.

Soulbliss...I'm the same way if I've got something to say I say it too, but I'm learning (slowly mind you LOL) that there are just some people it does no good to debate with because they have no desire to hear another side or even find some sort agreement even if it is to disagree. Which is their choice. Its the Virgo in me that loves to debate!

On an up note...how cute was Bob in his baggy jeans last night, had to have quick eyes to catch him!

~melissa
Old 01-09-2008, 08:23 PM   #156  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I have to say SoulBliss, that you and I have tangled on more than one occasion, and I hazzard to guess that we are both better for it (at least I can say I certainly am). I can truly say that your opinions have been among the most respected I have ever disagreed with (I know to you that will make sense).

I'm just saying if this is a thread for people who want to talk only about how great the show is, that's fine with me, as long as those of us who do enjoy a discussion with some passion to it, that we find a place to do so without being accused of being spoil sports ruining everyone else's fun.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #157  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

OMG Mel! I know! How cute is Bob???? LOVE him!
Old 01-09-2008, 09:01 PM   #158  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

You know, I don't think I could work out with him as my trainer. Kinda like having a really hunky looking GYN, know what I mean? I wouldn't want to sweat and grunt around him while I'm working out....well ....get your mind out of the gutter, girls!

And, on the other issue... I just don't enjoy debating....never have and probably never will. To me, it's too much like arguing and posturing and sometimes it comes across as a bit condescending. That's not to say that I don't ever have deep thoughts about things. I'm actually fairly intelligent and educated myself But, life is often extremely stressful and I enjoy coming here and just chatting about fun things and being a supportive weight loss partner. That's what 3FC is for me and I love it here. Maybe, there should be a debate thread here on 3FC.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-09-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:13 PM   #159  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I once had a really good looking ob/gyn, he delivered my youngest. Such a great doctor too, so hard not to have a little crush!

~melissa
Old 01-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #160  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Quote:
You know, I don't think I could work out with him as my trainer. Kinda like having a really hunky looking GYN, know what I mean? I wouldn't want to sweat and grunt around him while I'm working out....well ....get your mind out of the gutter, girls!

And, on the other issue... I just don't enjoy debating....never have and probably never will. To me, it's too much like arguing and posturing and sometimes it comes across as a bit condescending. That's not to say that I don't ever have deep thoughts about things. I'm actually fairly intelligent and educated myself But, life is often extremely stressful and I enjoy coming here and just chatting about fun things and being a supportive weight loss partner. That's what 3FC is for me and I love it here. Maybe, there should be a debate thread here on 3FC.

I 100% agree with you. Maybe a debate thread would be cool for those that like to do that sort of thing. I persoanlly do not come to 3FC's for it, or perhaps there are forum's somewhere out in the big ole cyber world dedicated to that.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:26 AM   #161  
active kids, active mom

Quote:

I had a gorgeous dentist and one time, as he was coming really close to look at my teeth, I kind of, for a moment, thought he was gonna kiss me -- and I'm pretty sure there was a slight pucker on my lips when he asked me to open my mouth. I had to fire him. It was too much having that face so close to mine with no reward.

Bob would totally motivate me, though. I'd keep doing things with poor form so he would have to come and fix me.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:22 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

I want to know what kinky things Chellez seems to know you can do with your TM's safety cord. It's come up more than once. She must have some secret she's keeping lol
As for the whole parenting debating thing....We have 4 children 8 y/o - 14 y/o. We've never left them for more than a weekend. Our style. It works for us. We have friends that leave their children to take 2 week vacations. Seems to work for them...My nephew, who'll be 3 in March is anxious at bed time his first night here, but then when they come home after a long weekend he doesn't want to go home with them. He's fine, once they are out the door and on their way home. Children adapt, but they don't like change. They like routine. Debating a possible 3-4 month seperation seems like wasted time to me. The white team, let alone us, will never know the effect it has had on their relationship with their son.
As for the show. I want to see much more sweat and alot more of Jillian screaming. It's all been far to white washed for me so far. I totally loved her when she had the Black team hidden in the desert like a covert operation. She was ruthless and it made for great television. I want some of that back in the show!!!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:24 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Wow, knitsforfive!!! You've lost 34# in 3 months YGG!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 08:30 AM   #164  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Now now ladies....

Lets get back to thinking about relaxing things...

Things like...

WOOSAAAA!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #165  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Thanks for the eyecandy Chellez! Is it just me or if Bob getting more tattoos as this thread goes on? Nevermind, I went back and checked, it's just the way his arm was turned in the previous picture. Or it could be that he was shirtless and I got distracted.

I don't mind other folks debating on the thread, but I don't always want to chime in. I like coming here, voicing my opinion, and letting it be. If you disagree with my opinions (and many of you have ) and want to share yours, I'll try to listen/read with an open mind.

Last edited by dixied; 01-10-2008 at 09:55 AM.