Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal

You're on Page 5 of 14
Go to
  • ledom I printed your muffin recipes...gonna have to try both of them.
    quickie breakfast ideas...pb&j sammich? Real peanut butter, low sugar jam and WW low carb bread = 200 cals? I like to toast by putting it (in a bag) next to my CPU fan...but I'm a nerd. Apple and string cheese is pretty easy...I used to be into Zone bars...I found some peanut butter & choclate chip chewy granola bars (a generic brand that I've found at Safeway and Food Source)that have like 110 cals and like 6 g of protein...they have HFCS which I'm not a big fan of...but they are better than nothing. Plain yogurt with SF jam is another staple.

Acck work is calling I'll post for reals later.
  • Skwigg's July 24, 2007 entry gives a free four week turbulence training workout. I am going to try it. It uses body weight exercises and is relatively quick. I think it looks really good and a lot like Jillian's workouts without the gym. You guys might want to check it out.
  • I'll cheat and post the link to the TT pdf file.
    It's a beautiful crispy Saturday morning over here...I'm debating going to a class or for a ride outside. I'm thinking an outside ride will win today. I was gonna do an "intro to Yoga" class but I got up too late. I've been meaning to try yoga for the longest time. I want more flexibility and balance... Next week...I'm on it.

ledom - I'm gonna have to follow in your footsteps on not starting on the sweets thing. Cause once I start...
    sirak - Hopefully your Explorer woes were an easy/cheap fix? WTG figuring out how to get a workout into your schedule with the little ones.
    Cindy - isn't it funny how a different vehicle can make you self conscious? I drove someones Porsche once and it felt so wierd. But I bet you are thinking about it way more than others around you. Enjoy your new ride!
  • Hey Gina, thanks for the link!

We woke up to snow on the ground today - just about an inch, but it did stay around. Our first of this season. Tomorrow is supposed to be a mess of rain, sleet and snow - not fun.

Speaking of Explorers, I had mine towed to the garage today - found out that the gas line had corroded through! The guy told me I was lucky that is wouldn't start! I need to get it fixed up just enough to try to sell it. I've had it 13 years (!), and I'm hoping someone would want it as a plow vehicle. I'm also trying to sell my Sable -yes, I have 3 vehicles right now! Our driveway looks like a used car lot - I won't even mention how many Pete has! Wish my luck in selling my two - it would be a real relief to have them gone.

I'll share something with you that I'm a bit embarrassed about right now. Pete's brother is an insurance salesman. I decided to get some life insurance now that I'm married, and so I talked to him about a policy. One of the questions he asked me about was my weight, and, of course, I lied. I thought that was ok, as it put in just the "non smoker" category, as opposed to something better. But, after I had already signed the paperwork, I found out that there are worse categories, and I am right on the line for the next in terms of weight. Had I known this, I would have waited a few weeks to do the policy. This could possibly cost me an extra $250/year, and I can't get reassessed for 2 years. This really sucks because I've only been this high for the past 2-3 weeks or so, and now I'm in this bind. It would be no big deal if the insurance guy was a stranger - I'd just explain the situation and would cancel for now. But I'm mortified to have to have Pete's brother know about how much I weigh.....

I guess I just have to swallow my pride, tell him, and put off doing the policy if I can - I don't want to pay that extra money just because of my sloppy eating since the honeymoon.

Unless any of you have any suggestions for a way to drop 5# of water quickly so I can make the weigh in Tuesday morning.... Not a smart thing to do, I know, but I'm feeling pretty stupid and desperate about this....
    Cindy
  • Cindy - is there a way you can just postpone? Saunas? I have no idea. I have a bit of the same issue. A Dr. appt. on the 21st - I know I am up and he always points it out to me.

Yes, thanks for posting the link. I am starting a 12 week challenge today. I just feel ready to hit it again despite the holiday approaching. I get in trouble at home on the weekends but I have been able to hold my ground with all the extra goodies floating around, just not going to take the first tumble on that slippery slope.
  • Well, I did the first day and loved it. All I needed was a soft spot, yoga mat on carpet, and a stretchy band. Which I didn't have so I did the movement without it and felt the burn. It was just hard enough. I walked a mile tonight too. Tomorrow I do a 20 min hiit. I have never done that before. I'll use my treadmill.

Also I have cooked and continue to cook today. I am making a bunch of food that should last well into next week. I am serious about this challenge. Even though it is by the seat of my pants.
  • Ledom - what program are you doing for your 12-week challenge?
    Cindy
  • Turbulence Training go up to Gina's last post and click the link she made. It'll take you right to it. Also scan through Skwigg's archives looking for Turbulence Training. You can buy it, but she is offering a sample of it free it that link. I am excited about it. It is different than anything I've done but also familiar. I am starting a BFL diet for a while. I am going to do all 6 meals and try to follow the protein/carb rule and keep it as clean as possible. And I am going to forgo my Friday night beers too. I have 3 free days scheduled on my calendar right around Christmas that coincide with parties. I have a plan.
  • Hey gals - I just have to share how my physical went.... the gal's scale was 10# off from mine! To my benefit, luckily! Not sure if they do that on purpose or not, but I sweated it for no reason. Not that it wasn't a bit of a wake-up call for me in terms of getting things back on track, but it just amazes me that they would be that off, and then have these arbitrary weight cut-offs....

Ledom - your plan sounds good. Funny you mention BFL - I've seriously been considering going back to it for a bit - it's what worked for me initially, so I'm thinking it will work again. I know it's not great for me long-term, but it works to get the weight off, which is what I need right now.

Just not sure how I can do that through this holiday season -we had an "international" lunch at work yesterday, there is a holiday pot-luck today, we are going out for the holiday with my boss tomorrow night.... it seems to never end!

Hope everyone's week is going well!
    Cindy
  • I just don't think you can go wrong with the BFL diet - it is great for easing back into a diet even if you decide to cut back more later.

My challenge got off to a sputtering start. Still struggling but I do feel pleased with my plan. It is going to happen, this week was intense with the last classes of the semester and additional responsibilities but I give my last final Tuesday. I am not giving up on the idea of the challenge and I aim to turn in into more than an idea.
  • And the thing about BFL that helps me with DH is that he loves "free day". It may be the only way to get him to participate. We both have gained at least 10# since the wedding/cruise, and it's not pretty!

As far as your challenge start - baby steps - some working out is better than no working out! Now if I would only listen to my own advice!
    Cindy
  • Hey!
    Happy Friday!!
    Cindy - sounds like a 10 lb fudge to make sure more people make it in...LOL on the DH and free day...who wouldn't want to participate if only for the free day?
    ledom - I've seen a lot of people have success with BFL...
    As for me...DH is headed to Mexico tomorrow. He'll be gone a week. Let's see if all the things I say I'm gonna do get done. Judging from previous history maybe half will get done.. Ahh well...first on the list is the stockings in the mantle. Gotta love me some holiday smilies!
  • This recipe is fabulous if you like spicy. I haven't broken down the calories but I think it would fit into any high protein diet nicely as long as you trim the fat off the pork. You could also leave out the cup of dark beer and the masa harina but I wouldn't.
  • I don't know what masa harina is!
  • Cindy it is a finally ground corn meal used for making tamales. Around here it is in all the grocery stores, sometimes near the Mexican food section. I have made this twice, the second time I substituted cornmeal but I recommend the masa harina. This might make Pete happy if he can take the heat. I don't normally eat really hot stuff but this works for me. I use the minimum peppers.

Okay guys, I have developed a really bad eating at night habit. It's when I do all the damage. I have got to suffer through a nights because this habit is not breaking easily!