The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-21-2007, 11:55 PM   #31  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Just a quick post to say that my conference was the perfect thing for me. It really helped my perspective on things to get out of town for 3 days. Back at it now.

I have grilled pork loin in my fridge and I wondering about adding some green chilies and onions and carrots and making some kind of healthy stew for this week. Could be good.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:26 PM   #32  
Dieting Diva

Three days of work out in a row so far with reasonable food choices. Last bight wasn't the best upper body set I have done- but it's better than nothing. I can take my ball and weights and work out in the hallway while DD3 is in the tub.
Again it is better than nothing !
Old 10-25-2007, 01:42 PM   #33  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey chickies -
Had a bit of family drama myself this last week. My sister had 3 brain aneurisms and needed surgery to clamp them off. She's been in ICU in Los Angeles since the 16th. I made it down there last weekend and was able to spend some time with her. I'll prolly head back down next week again. When I got back up here I took care of my mom for a few days to give my dad a chance to go down. Bedpan duty...not fun. Mom's a trooper tho - she put up with me. Yesterday was a little bit more back to normal - I made it to the gym. Today I rode my bike to work...it feels good to burn off some aggression.
The good news is that with all the stress and traveling I managed to lose a pound.

ledom and sirak - sounds like y'all are on track. Welcome back, Cindy!! Missed you guys.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:51 PM   #34  
Chick

Gina - sorry to hear about your families health problems. It can wear you down for sure.

Sirak, I got the ball back in operation just today. I am still taking baby steps but am starting to feel better about getting myself back into the swing.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:12 PM   #35  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hi girls! Things are slow to be getting back to normal here. Work is super busy and home is still a big mess of wedding prep stuff and gifts. Tough problem to have, I know! :-)

I really hope I can use this weekend to put some order back into my life, and to get myself inspired to start cooking again. I really want to get some new recipes to try. I got a Moroccan tagine as one of wedding gifts, and I'm dying to try it.

I'm also hoping to maybe start doing something active this weekend - taking a walk or two at the very least.

Gina - sorry to hear about your sister - I hope she's doing ok. And good for you for taking care of Mom - I know that can be tough!

Sirak and Ledom - glad to hear you gals are hanging in there despite life's ups and downs. Guess we're all just hanging in there for now.

Hope you gals have good plans for the weekend!
Cindy
Old 10-27-2007, 03:30 PM   #36  
Chick

Absolutely. It all starts in the kitchen.

I have done some good cooking and have plans for more this weekend.

I am having enormous issues getting myself back under control. I think I might finally have figured it out though. Remembering to be gentle with myself because this is hard. I am eating by the clock, up to 6 BFL type nutritional meals. It tends to regulate my body and give me health and strength quicker than anything. When I can do that I can think about cutting down some more. I could not get through a whole Jillian workout day before yesterday but I did about half of one. Yesterday I hiked 3.5 miles. Today I have walked a mile but promise myself to do weights before the day is over.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:06 PM   #37  
Chick

Hey Ya'll just checking in to see if you are still out there. Happy Halloween.

So what's up with everyone? I am celebrating my one year anniversary of kind of letting my diet go with a lot of thought and consideration. I think a one year anniversary might be a good time to make a turn around.

I am noticing that being extremely busy and not getting enough rest is adversely affecting things. I have a busy week planned but maybe not quite as many late nights for the coming weekend and next week.

I am basically still living in my kitchen and my bedroom. Putting my house back together just has to wait until the holidays. I hate it, but a lot of the things I am accomplishing now will make my life so much easier in the not so distant future so I guess the upheaval will be worth it in the end.

I know you guys are topsy turvy now too. I'd love to hear what's up with you.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:12 PM   #38  
Dieting Diva

Happy Halloween !
In our little town ( which is not where I live because I live between two towns) the street with all the antebellum homes is the place to trick or treat. The homeowners have sponsors for the candy. The roads are blocked off. It is like Mardi Gras for the Christian Conservatives, complete with a huge Jonah the whale in one of the yards.There was a live band and probably half the county hanging out.
I am glad we are past one of the holidays. The closer to Christmas it gets I think things will get worse as the expected social occasions become questionable. This is the first year in many years I will not camp over Thanksgiving. But I will be looking at tents for me and the kids for Christmas.
Yes, Topsy turvey is a good term and quite polite compared to some of the other words I have had for the situation.
I have had one day of lifting and one day of cardio this week, which is good. My food is messed up- but I have been trying to start back on fitday so I am more aware of the carb vs protein ratio ( who would have thought Salmon were such fat fishes?).
It's a matter of reining in and getting my calories to really count- rather than getting out of control with peanut butter or taking a rather large serving of low fat brownies.
My other little group seemed to falter this month except for one woman who is in the groove- walking 4 miles a day. But she has over a 100 pounds to go and I can tell you how easy it is to drop weight when you have a bunch of it to lose.
So November goal is 5 pounds- but also consistent lifting. I get blood work back soon also- so I might have to add something in there- we shall see. I eat oatmeal and apples every morning ( thanks everyone) so I know atleast one part will be ok.
I am rambling because I am tired.Tomorrow is another day.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:31 PM   #39  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey gals, I’ve not been writing much as it’s been rough going here lately – at least in terms of food. DH and I seem to be in a bad cycle that we can’t break – and even if I manage to get in a healthy breakfast and lunch, it is all undone in the evening. Having Halloween candy in the house this week didn’t help – each night I went to bed with a horrible sugar headache, which then made for a sluggish nasty morning.

This cycle is, of course, not conducive to getting up early to head to the gym, so needless to say, I have not been. And, the thought of the DST change looming ahead of us this weekend just makes me want to bury my head under the covers all the more!

The house is still a disaster – presents and wedding stuff all over the place, with nowhere to put any of it. I really need to reorganize my whole house to figure out where all of this is going to go! And then there’s the furniture from Pete’s parent’s house – where on earth will that go – my, I mean our, house is full!

So, this is all making me feel like a bit of a slug these days. My work clothes are tight, and needing to be replaced, but I refuse to go up a size, and wish I would be going down a size.

On a more positive note, I went to a women’s wellness seminar at lunch today – it got me thinking a bit more about all of this, and maybe it will cause me to take some action!

This weekend is going to be hectic for me as next weekend we are headed to St. Louis to pick up a car. Long story, but my brother works there, and he got me a great deal, but the catch is that I have to go there and drive it back! Lovely 18-hour trip – but at least we’ll break it up by stopping in MI on the way back. Just typical for me in terms of how things never seem to be straightforward and easy!

I’m happy about a lot of parts of my life right now, but definitely not my fitness/wellness. I just don’t know what’s going to motivate me to do something about it!
Cindy
Old 11-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #40  
Chick

Boy do we ever need each other now. It's gotta get better. The thing for me is that there can be no holiday blowout. I have already had my major eating snafu. Food is getting a little better at my house. Not so with the weights, just so little one mile walks in the evening. The last time I did a workout it was the one when you do 50 squats. My legs still aren't right, and not in a good way. My joints hurt. I have to figure out what I should be doing now. Something, I need to break into it more gentle though. I think I would feel so good if I got going with some simple yoga.

Sirak, a new tent of your own will be very inspiring for you I bet. I remember when I bought my first one, I felt so independent.

Cindy, I figured getting settled into marriage would be a little unsettling. But, enjoy your honeymoon. You'll figure out what to do with all that stuff.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:11 AM   #41  
Chick

Had to report back. I just finished working out. All the way through Week 1/WBL. I did 2 sets instead of three. It was perfect for where I am now. So 1 for me!
Old 11-04-2007, 02:20 PM   #42  
Lovin' Zumba!

Good for you! Now that I've realized that this time change will work in my favor, not against me, I'm going to try to get myself into the gym this week!
Cindy
Old 11-05-2007, 07:48 AM   #43  
Chick

Hey good realization, huh? Have been doing everything I can think of to prime the motivation well. It has been pretty dry! Got out Make the Cut and read all the "gray" paragraphs on motivation yesterday. Cleaned the yoga room so no excuse there. If only I could figure out how to double the hours in a day and I'd be sitting pretty.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:00 PM   #44  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey chickies -

I'm at work so I don't have much time. The update on my sis is that she is out of ICU, in a rehab hospital getting 3 hours of therapy a day to try to bring back function of her left side. It's gonna be a long haul, I think...the hope is to get her home for Thanksgiving. I'll catch up and post again later.

Oh - side note, I saw a chick at the gym yesterday doing mountain climbers...as I wandered by her she had a copy of Winning By Losing. I told her to keep up the good work, I wanted to talk to her more but I didn't wanna hijack her workout.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:00 PM   #45  
Dieting Diva

I did better today than I have in a while ( especially since I threw the brownies in the freezer). I did wraps for lunch and baked fish for dinner.
I nailed the fish. DH was here to see the kids and I nailed the fish. Yeah buddy !
The I went out and did 3/4 of a mile. I would have done a mile except Bob the Dog can't anymore. He is out of shape and there is no going back for him.So we walked and hit a couple of his favorite pee spots.
My son has swiped my 15 pounders and taken them to his room. This is a bad sign. He is supposed to be my partner in crime when it comes to doing this stuff.
Maybe if I buy him some Twenties he will leave my little girl weights alone.
hehehe
Here is a new pic from this weekend- still size eight- nothing changing due to fluctuations in diet and exercise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg power of three.jpg (18.3 KB, 11 views)