3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing

The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal

Old 03-21-2008, 08:13 AM   #151
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: 180/160/130

Height: 4'11"

shred workout is Jillians' 2 videos they have right now on comcast on demand, It is a program she has started to lose 20 lbs in 30 days, of course we would have to do it every day and It goes along with her website, so I am sure there is a diet on there too.

MINI GOAL # 1 - 10 lbs lost - MET!
MINI GOAL # 2 - 20 lbs lost - MET! - Over 10%
MINI GOAL # 3 - 25 lbs lost - in progress (again) - Half way mark!
MINI GOAL # 4 - 31 lbs lost - No longer obese!
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:18 PM   #152
Lovin' Zumba!

Hi gals! I'm getting myself back on the wagon - I've been in a bad place myself for a while - and have had enough of it.

Ledom - how's the Super Foods book? Any good info and/or recipes? How's your knee?

Chick - how's your arm doing?

I'm moving very slowly into working out again - with the inactivity and the extra weight, my joints are in precarious shape. So, easy does it for now.

Shred is Jillian's new DVD, but I'm nowhere ready for anything like that for a while!
Cindy
Old 03-27-2008, 07:23 AM   #153
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Morning-

Good for you Cindy. And yes be careful. My knee problem, I feel, is a direct result of the weight I have put on rather rapidly in the last 9 months. I also think last year when I did the workouts from Jillian's second book, the one you are supposed to do to lose the last stubborn pounds might have contributed (maybe like Shred?). Which is no ones fault but my own for doing it when I still was quite overweight. I have a whole new perspective on a lot of things now that I am dealing with bursitis in my knee. It all finally caught up with me, guess I was thinking I was invincible there for a long time.

Anyway, last Friday I started eating Superfoods and I am getting better at it each day. I am feeling less bloated and am getting plenty to eat. I haven't started working out again. I have been feeling sorry for myself that I can't get out and hike right now during primo spring hiking weather.

Last edited by ledom : 03-27-2008 at 07:24 AM.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #154
Lovin' Zumba!

I'm happy to report day 5 of being back on track! I've only walked twice this week, but it was enough - I was tired and my legs felt like lead when I was done. Really does make you appreciate the fitness you had and let slip away....

But my eating has been much, much better, and I am once again able to wear both my wedding ring and engagement ring at the same time. For the past few weeks I have not been able to get both on! They each fit, on their own, but the two together have been a bit much for my pudgy finger!

This weekend will be busy - we are cleaning out a dingy, dirty basement, full of 70 years and 3 generations worth of junk. It's one of those basements that's part dirt walls and floor, part cement and cinder block, 7ft tall in some places, only 5ft tall in others! Fun, fun.... I will pack food for myself to keep me on track, and plenty of water too. We are under a time crunch, so there will be very little time to break for food.

Ledom - glad ou are feeling better with the Superfoods. Do share what it is you are eating and any great recipes you've come across.

Hi Chick!
Cindy
Old 03-29-2008, 10:46 AM   #155
Chick

Cindy - Right on! Easing back in is allowed. I haven't worked out either. I am at a bit of a loss on working out now, but then I realize that is an excuse. I can do upper body. My knee has felt better the last couple days. I have started taking the icing of it seriously and it is really helping. But cardio is out for the foreseeable future. I thought about swimming, but I hate dealing with the chlorine.

I am so pleased with the food. No new recipes tried yet, but I recommend you go cruise around on the whole foods thread if you are interested in some great looking recipes. I have bookmarked some I want to try. But the thing is, it is whole food oriented and somehow just the most rudimentary recipes work. It is about fruit and vegetables and whole grains and protein, but unlike my most recent attempts at dieting the protein is not so exaggerated. I am comfortable and enjoy these foods full of super nutrients. In the book I read, they talk about each food and what its health benefits are. They also say within a week your hair and skin looks better (it does). And that soon your taste for sugar will go away. I have to say that last night someone was passing around a bag of frozen m&ms, I took 3 and it was true. They tasted so sweet. Of course m&ms are kind of junky chocolate, but when I bit into those I got what the book was saying about how it just doesn't taste right after you've been living on whole food for a while.

Of course another important aspect is portion control. I have counted my calories a couple days and come in around 1500 and that is with eating 6 times a day. If you don't have that much to lose he recommends 3 meals, 2 snacks a day. I find that now, right at the start, I really need that 6th meal. Night is when I can really get into trouble and having something before bed that I have planned has been essential to me getting back into the game.

So this past week was my practice week. I will try to refine and get a little more pure this week. Also plan to make sure I exercise at least 3 times in the coming week.

Gina - how was your trip?

You know, I somehow don't feel like I am in the right posting category anymore except I have made friends on this thread. So sorry if I don't talk about Jillian much anymore, I still love her.

Last edited by ledom : 03-29-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:15 AM   #156
Chick

Well perhaps I redeemed myself - watched the last hr. of The Biggest Loser last night.

And I am still on my eating plan. A week and a half into it. I have lost the bloat and I am feeling a lot better.

How's everyone doing?
Old 04-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #157
Lovin' Zumba!

I'm still hanging in there - work is so busy I can barely catch my breath! Food is good, but exercise has not happened this week - I just can't find the time or am too exhausted. I WILL get back on the treadmill this weekend - I need to push myself to get started and stay on track - I know I'll feel great after I do!

I've been watching the end of TBL as well - it is motivating, but not - I mean, it's just not fair that they can lose 80-100# in 15 weeks! I wish I could take time off of work and try to do it myself, but that's just unrealistic for me. I wonder what they do all day long when they are not working out? Sleep maybe???? LOL!
Cindy
Old 04-03-2008, 08:12 AM   #158
Chick

I think that is why my attention to TBL has dwindled. The first and second seasons were so inspiring and then it started resembling the kind of reality shows that don't do a lot for me with the strategies and drama, etc. I did like the personalities a lot better than the last time I watched. The folks seemed a lot nicer than the season that kind of got me over the show. My favorite part? When they show the transformations. I love seeing what a huge difference in appearance.

Hey, if you got the eating down Cindy then that is huge.

Sirak - do you ever check in anymore?

How is it going Chick?
Old 04-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #159
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixjean View Post
shred workout is Jillians' 2 videos they have right now on comcast on demand, It is a program she has started to lose 20 lbs in 30 days, of course we would have to do it every day and It goes along with her website, so I am sure there is a diet on there too.
Ok, so I know I don't usually post here, but I tried Jillian's OnDemand workout yesterday and OMG I am SO SORE!

I work out fairly regularly (3-5 times a week at least) and I haven't been this sore in a looooong while. It's the good kind of sore, though Can't wait to do it again!

2011- putting on the baby weight
2012- TAKING OFF THE BABY WEIGHT
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:05 PM   #160
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey -

The trip was great - but I came back to a freaked out week at work. I started therapy for the tennis elbow...hopefully it resolves itself soon. (I have homework of special stretches) I haven't done an upper body workout since like December and it really shows. Oh well at least I know what to do to get back there.

Spring is beautiful here -

ledom - how's the super foods going? I should do more research on that, I might be almost there already...

junebug - welcome!! Jillian? Who is she? JK - we are all big fans here. Just don't ask me the last time I was "Jillian workout" sore.

Cindy - I'm less enthusiastic than usual about this seasons TBL...I think it's like the innocent people that were on in the beginning don't exist anymore. I agree it's not a realistic lifestyle for most people. I still think it's better to do it on your own and really set up new habits in real life. But it would be nice to drop pounds faster.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:09 AM   #161

Hi folks - just came back after a lonnng time gone from 3fc (ooh, I see I was 7 pounds lighter last time I was here, how depressing lol)
anyway, been going strong for almost three weeks now with exercising every day and eating healthy. I wish progress would go faster

I'm on day two of doing the shred workout using Jillian's on demand stuff. So very sore, but in a good way

I'm going to try and do it every day for a month - lets hope it gets easier =p
Old 04-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #162
Chick

Hi Jennt - welcome, enjoy.

Gina - I like how you put it. At least you know what to do to get back there. I am just not going to beat myself up. (And I am not ready to admit how much I have regained either.) Because what's the help in that. As far as the whole foods, you probably AREN'T very far from there. It is going extremely well, I like it. And it seems to be working.

This time around I am going to try very hard not to worry about how long it takes. If there is a loss each week, then it is working and it is when I get maniacal and cut WAY back that I get in trouble.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #163
Lovin' Zumba!

So, did you guys see TBL this week? I can't believe the numbers they pulled when being so close to goal! Ali looks great - not sure she can lose much more in order to win.

I'm voting for Mark to be in the finals, so one of the gals will have a chance to win!
Cindy
Old 04-10-2008, 05:41 AM   #164
Chick

I saw the last half. It's just a little too much like a fairy tale. In some of the other threads the ladies are talking about how it is really more than one week represented. They look good, but.... I guess I have become more cynical about all of it.

Do I sound grumpy?

I have been grumpy lately. I am just not feeling well and am totally frustrated with my leg. I have another appt. on Friday. I didn't quiz that Dr. when I went before. I need some answers. It has been hurting almost 3 months and sometimes it keeps me awake at night.

I also did the blood pressure monitor at the grocery store this week and for the first time ever it read stage 1 hypertension (would high blood pressure make you grumpy?)

Anyway, all the lax attitude and bad attitude have caught up with me. I feel my weight has contributed to both my maladies. Add to not maintaining a healthy weight a heavy dose of stress and there you have it. I have always had superior health and this is not fun. It is very motivating though. I am determined to regain what I have lost in terms of health.

My eating plan is going great, but I haven't exercised. That is one of the big questions I will be taking to my Dr. on Friday. What can I do to help lose weight when I can barely walk as much as I have to in a day?

Last edited by ledom : 04-10-2008 at 05:44 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #165

S/C/G: 222/ticker/122

Height: 5'4''

I can't believe I've been on 3FC for a few months and never found you guys!! Can I join your thread? I'm such a Jillian's girl! I love the way she's all about tough love- she can be your best friend or your worst nightmare! That's kind of what my exercise routine is like now. I joined a local bootcamp-style fitness club called Platoon Fitness, and the trainers are very nice and would never cause you injury, but man if you slack off they make you drop and give them 20!

It's every morning at 6am at a local high school football field. Today we jogged around town and stopped at various places to run steps, do crunches, do squats, etc then run back. Every day is different and it's so refreshing to be outside- rain, sleet, snow, every weather (except lightning storms!) It's so funny... I think I found this place b/c I so wanted a 'Jillian'. I have no problem being yelled at or hating my trainer at that moment. I like people who will push me!

So anyway, I'm so happy I found you guys I voted for Mark in the finals (1, because I like him, and 2, because one of the girls can win mostly likely).

Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/HormonalChicks

Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.