Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal

You're on Page 10 of 14
Go to
  • Hurray for you!
  • Hey Guys,
    I'm relatively new to these boards but I've been following Jillian's book Winning By Losing since the beginning of January. I listen to all her podcasts and never miss Biggest Loser...I think I have a non-sexual crush on the woman! (Haha)

Anyway, I'd really like to join you guys in whatever Jillian related support groups you have going on. If you don't mind of course... Have you just been logging your daily workouts here?
  • Hello everyone! Happy DSL - which I think is just WAAAAYY too early! I was so enjoying the daylight at 6am, and now it's gone!

Rockstar - welcome - feel free to jump right in - we could use a bit of chatter to help get us talking more - it's been too quiet here, and I'm very guilty of it.
    Do you really like all of Jillian's podcasts? I download them all, but rarely listen to them. I really need to get better about it - I'm sure it couldn't hurt, especially since my motivation is at an all-time-low.

I do love Jillian's workouts, but right now I just need to get myself moving in any way, shape or form.

Ledom - did you manage to start a trend?

One huge relief in my life is that DH sold his parent's house this past Friday! Hurray! It's been 3 years since his Dad passed away, and despite the fact that he has a twin brother, we have been maintaining that property, in addition to mine, the whole time. That meant grass-cutting and shoveling, both of which required weekly attention year-round. This will take a lot of stress off DH and I - we often fought about this as it meant that despite being married, I was having to maintain my house (now our house) on my own!

We leave for Florida Friday - just a mini-vaca - will be back Tuesday night. Fingers crossed for good weather!
    C.
  • Hey Cindy - That's great you sold the house. Hurray, a major milestone.

Oh if only, my workout set me way back with my knee. Ouch, ouch, ouch. I am really having problems with it. The day I went to the Dr. it barely hurt at all, and then I did that workout and I am so sorry I did. So now, I am in another funk. Did great with food last week but the weekend was awful. I am pretty miserable right now. Sigh. Next week is spring break. And after that summer break. My plans for the summer are to recover.

Rockstar - hey there. Welcome. It sounds like you are doing great with your workouts.
  • Thanks for the welcome guys!

Bfl_Cat - LOVE the podcasts. Granted, some are more relevant for me than others but I still find them really motivating on those days when I just don't feel like hitting the gym. I look forward to them every week. Don't get deterred by the description given with them (ie: triathlon training), she always ends up spending a good bit of time on people's calls related to all types of things about weight loss, healthy eating and exercise. Jillian seems very well versed on the science involved in everything and I can appreciate that because I'm a biochemistry major. I like when things get explained to me and I don't have to just take someone's word for it.
  • Rockstar - I feel the same way about Jillian. She is a smart cookie. I really loved reading both of her books.
  • She definitely does her research and consults with a lot of doctors and such... I never read her second book but there was a lot of good information in her first. (I'll probably read it when I've only got like 15lbs to lose or something!) She's working on a new one on hormone balances and stuff that I'm REALLY interested in reading since I have PCOS.
  • I read the second book- IMHO it wasn't much diffferent than the first one except that it didn't focus so much on "a eat this way for life" way of doing things. I like the first one better - the second one has tons of recipes, tho.

Tomorrow is my doctor's appointment to hopefully get cortisone shots that fix my arm...then I will be back with a vengeance.

Welcome rockstar!! I'm listening to last Sunday's podcast right now. my weekly Jillian fix.

ledom - hope your knee is recovering...got any kayaking planned?

Cindy - have fun in FLA!!
  • I did one of Jillians shred workouts. Last week I did the 1st one, this week I did the second one. They are each 20 minutes long. Totally insane!
  • Blahhh...I missed my workout today guys and I planned to do it tomorrow but I'm really not feeling it...haha. This has been a rough weekend in terms of diet/exercise. I feel like I've been such a lazy sloth!
  • Sometimes when I don't feel like working out I talk myself into it by telling myself I'll just do half...or I'll take it easy...

I'm in mode....the cortisone shot I got for tendonitis didn't do squat. Next to try is therapy. Grumble grumble.

Happy Spring!!! I am off next week to hang out with the In laws south of the border for a week. Running shoes are on the packing list.
  • Quote: Sometimes when I don't feel like working out I talk myself into it by telling myself I'll just do half...or I'll take it easy...
    Hahaha. That's a great idea. I've got such an "all or nothing" mentality I should definitely try that. Isn't it funny we can knowingly play tricks on ourselves and they still work...lol.

Incidentally, I did get through everything on Sunday and found my new addiction yesterday - spinning class <3. I did it months ago (before I started doing Jillian's circuits) and woke up the next day in so much pain I thought I was dying. Now I just got a really good workout and a little stiffness but nothing I can't handle. I REALLY enjoyed it too! What are the odds?
  • Morning ya'll. I am on spring break this week. So far I have been gardening, prepping flower beds but today I think that activity is going to get rained out.

Gina! Whoa, that is not good about your arm. I will be very interested in what kind of therapy you do for your elbow. I think that is what I need for my knee. I am trying to stretch my leg every day. That is the only advice the Dr. gave me. That and Aleve. Not having the stress of work (and all the moving around that involves) does seem to be helping but I think it will be a long time before I think of hiking or walking for exercise which is crazy. I just don't want another flair up because it seems to effect my overall health. It might be time to join the Y and try some swimming.

Anyway, enjoy your trip.

Rockstar, cool about the spinning. It is wonderful to feel yourself getting stronger!

What is a Shred Workout?
  • OMG - before my elbow crapped out on me I was two intern classes away from becoming a spin instructor. my spin.

I've been icing and sucking down aspirin to try to control the muscle inflammation. I'll let ya know what they do for PT.
  • Well yesterday I bought a new diet book. The one on Super Foods. I have been in such denial, such a miserable place with diet and exercise for the last 9 months or so. I have to find something to spark my curiosity and interest. So this looks like a good thing. I am feeling the effects of my crappy diet and the idea of feeling better sounds good to me. It looks like there are some good posts and recipes over on another thread here at 3 fatchicks. I am trying to soak up as much info as I can. The book is pretty dense. Not a one night read. I am thinking about spending today, the last day of spring break reading my book. I did a lot of cooking this week so I have some good food choices cooked up.