Old 05-15-2014, 07:38 AM   #16  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Hi all!

Can't believe how fast this week seems to be flying by. I've been fighting off a cold since Monday. Taking extra vitamin c, eating tons of soup and napping in the evening before popping up and completing my p.m. workout. Thank goodness for this challenge! Otherwise, I would be on the couch throwing myself a pity party. Two weeks of feeling bad is just unfair.

So far this week, I've managed to increase my water intake, stay away from red wine, prep most of my meals and stop eating by 9-9:30. Next on my goal list is to add a couple treadmill runs to my workout program. Guess it's time to stop stalling. Get dressed and go tackle the treadmill.

Hope everyone has a great day! GO RED TEAM!
Old 05-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #17  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Morning everyone .. Happy FRIDAY!! End of the week and yep .. don't know where the week went but it flew ... mind you .. I am still shocked we are already in May .. Im sure I missed a month or two already this year!!
Really happy with my weigh in this week .. thankful that I have recovered from my first week disaster and am back on track. Its been a rough week health wise which makes it hard for me to stick to anything and I know the doc won't be happy with my loss this week as he doesn't really want me losing any more than half a pound a week .. or a pound at a push ... so will just wear something a little heavier or keep my phone in my pocket when I get on his scales lol ..

So how has everyones week gone? Are we all happy with our choices this week??

DANGEROUS - poor you being unwell for so long .. definitely doesn't seem fair .. is it the flu or a cold or a mix of the two?? I know that I have heard reports that this years flu virus is quite serious so they are encouraging everyone to get the vaccination, but I don't do things like that and really refuse to get sick with it lol .. seemed to have worked every year so far other than a little laryngitis multiple times a year and now my other issues Im healthy as a horse lol. So keep warm, good on you for sticking to your workout .. cripes its hard enough for me to do any exercise without being sick so totally in awe of you

Chilling at Starbucks with my coffee before work and using a little of the free wifi which is almost out of time so better get going lol .. Hugs all and have a FREAKY FRIDAY .. wherever you are .. when you get to it
Old 05-15-2014, 04:42 PM   #18  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

Well done Kat! I agree, this week, month and year are flying by.
Today was a good day, I had work then meetings, but used the time in between to go for a stroll for 20 mins, then when I came home I did another of those walking videos on YouTube. I know those videos might seem quite lame to a fitness fanatic but they are great for me as I don't always know what time my kid will get home, so at least I'm not out of the house. Tomorrow I am working morning and afternoon, then my kid is going to stay with a friend overnight so think in the evening I will go swimming again, and the weather looks like it will be fine so will walk there and back.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:10 PM   #19  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

I realized today at work that yesterday I dated everything APRIL. So, yeah, count me in with those who don't believe it's May.

I'm both excited and worried about weigh-in tomorrow (which is my official weigh-in for the week). I've been exercising like a beast and I'm certain I'm losing inches because of how my pants are fitting differently. That doesn't always show up on the scale, though, because exercise does a weirdness to your body. But...fingers crossed.

All in all, it's been a grand week. Meals are yummy and on plan. I'm letting Jillian Michaels kick my @-$ doing 30 Day Shred. And I just feel marvelous. Now, if it would only stop raining I would be one very happy chick.

PS Sorry you've been ill DC. That sux.

Last edited by Novus; 05-15-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:25 PM   #20  
Amazing Revelations

Hey everyone, hope you're all having a great Friday. I had a crappy day at work, half my staff phoned in sick and I couldn't get cover for them, and it was so busy. I got home 2 hours later than I should have, and my diet was messed up because I had no time for a break. Pulled through though and stuck within my calories, actually had to make myself eat extra because I was only at 800 calories for the day. Wanted to be lazy in the evening and felt really down and tired, but forced myself out for a walk and a swim, and felt so much better because of it. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Novus - I get you on the looser clothes, mine are definitely looser and my body shape feels different, but the scale isn't really moving that fast. I have TOTM though so maybe that's why. I'm so impressed you are doing 30 day shred, I tried it and it nearly killed me, I couldn't walk for days I'm glad you are having a great week, hope the sun starts shining where you are and you'll be set.

Nearly weigh in day, go red team!

Last edited by MissSMcC; 05-16-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #21  
Unstoppable Force

First, the good: the scale didn't hate on me this morning.

And, then, the bad. Today was a very weird day foodwise. I was not hungry at all when I woke up. I'm usually such a hungry beast the refrigerator looks tasty. And just the thought of eating made me feel nauseated. I nibbled on some deli turkey, cheese, and kiwi...but I really did not want any food. Then I got called in to work, and since it was only a 4 hour shift, I didn't bother to take a lunch. By break, I was ravenous. Fortunately, there was a pile of free mini Clif protein bars in the breakroom so I ate one of those. Then after work I met up with a friend and he wanted to grab some lunch so I had a ginormous lettuce wrap burger with just about everything on it. And a fancy coffee. I don't think my numbers for the day are horrendous but...sheesh, so wildly off-plan (which is not like me).

And, then, more good. I stopped at Goodwill and bought 2 pairs of shorts and a pair of jeans....in size 8! It's just about time to say goodbye to the 10s woohoo.

Hope everyone else is having a great day! Don't forget to weigh in this weekend.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Hi everyone! Weigh-in tomorrow, here's the last stretch! Saturdays I always stay strictly to plan and get lots of exercise in. I don't know if it helps but it feels good!

Nightkatt - I missed hearing about what kind of attacks you have on occasion. What is wrong? For my soup I always put in some beans, tomatoes, onions, some kind of meat, whatever fresh veggies I have around, lots of garlic and spices.

MissSMcC - Good for you exercising after a long, tiring day! Usually if I don't exercise first thing in the morning, it doesn't get done. Only because I am so so lazy in the evening and just can't seem to get up. Yesterday, I finally got on the treadmill at 9 pm and got it done. Slept like a baby! I have to remember that.

Novus - Size 8! Yea!!!

Rated - Congratulations for winning for Red Team last week!

Now, on to the Nutrition thread to see what Novus ate this week.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #23  

Novus - You have such variety at each meal and day-to-day. Your body must be singing with health! Everything sounds really good but I don't know about sweet hummus with peanut butter, I'll guess I'll have to try it. I remember when sweet things in tart salads didn't sound good and they are so good!! Thanks for taking the time to post.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #24  
Unstoppable Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris2008 View Post
Novus - You have such variety at each meal and day-to-day. Your body must be singing with health! Everything sounds really good but I don't know about sweet hummus with peanut butter, I'll guess I'll have to try it. I remember when sweet things in tart salads didn't sound good and they are so good!! Thanks for taking the time to post.
Thanks for reading my food log. Knowing that you do makes it worth the time it takes to post it.

About the hummus. I took a whole batch of it with me to work one day (because I couldn't find the single-serving plastic container I usually put it in). The women I work with were curious about it so they sampled it.....and ate ALL of it. One of them kept exclaiming, "It tastes just like peanut butter fudge! OMG!" I love it because it has half the calories of peanut butter (90ish calories vs 200ish calories for 2 tablespoons) plus getting you're getting bonus bean nutrients.

About the variety. I need a lot of different flavors and textures at a meal to be satisfied. I also love the challenge of buying just a few groceries and seeing how many different ways I can use them so that I never realize I'm eating pretty much the same food as I did the day before.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #25  
Trying again

Okee .. first just want to make a general comment and Im not referring to anyone or any comment in particular so please dont think Im directing it at you, I just need to get this out there as I have had a private message sent regarding an issue I wasnt really aware would happen on here .. but it has, so thought it best to nip it in the bud asap if I could.

I have been a member of 3FC for a few years now and I have told many people about the site being an unconditional support network, offering advise IF ASKED for, criticism is not tolerated and the humour and friendships that are made are fantastic.

I just need to make it clear to everyone .. PLEASE .. if you read someones chat post, weigh in post, exercise post or nutrition post .. DONT be negative about it or point out where they may be going wrong. Each of us need to remember this is a different journey for all of us .. admittedly we are all wanting the same result, to lose weight and get healthy .. but we all face different challenges with health, medical issues, metabolism, and just being different people. Unless a member asks where they may be going wrong the unsolicited advise may be read as a negative ... while the internet is a wonderful thing, unfortunately unless you are a really descriptive writer in your speech it could be taken not as a positive building block, but a negative put down

I have only one medical issue that I am working on at the moment .. and that is gall stones .. so while I have done a lot of research on what is good and bad I am still trial and error because somethings dont match what I have read .. if that is because my body is different ... then so be it ... Im happy to try new things if it sounds like something I can stick to .. but otherwise I tend to keep to what I know works for me ... I do have to go back in for another blood test as my liver one came back abnormal .. so Im adjusting some of my diet for that too .. again .. research online.

So .. just to reiterate and finish this blab ... its that old saying .. if you cant say anything nice .. dont say anything. Im one of those people that dont mind if others have suggestions .. I dont have to take any notice of them if they dont suit lol .. but you never know what Im willing to try ... but others have their reasons and they just look for support in their choices ... remember .. if they are on here .. they are already on a path to getting into a better place .. who are we to decide if the path they are on should be altered because its not what you think is the best road?

Hugs all Hopefully everyone got in this week for a weigh in
Old 05-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #26  
Unstoppable Force

Ok, I'll acknowledge the elephant in the room and 'fess up. It was me who p*ssed someone off. I'm a "fixer" and sometimes I'm too eager to offer help and too reluctant to admit the person doesn't want my help. Also, it's just too easy to be misunderstood via internet.

I apologize for bringing contention to the team.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:41 AM   #27  
Amazing Revelations

Weigh in day! Happy Sunday all
I got called in to work last night so it's just bed time for me, will weigh when I weaken up. So tired! Good luck with the scales everyone
Old 05-18-2014, 04:25 AM   #28  
Trying again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novus View Post
Ok, I'll acknowledge the elephant in the room and 'fess up. It was me who p*ssed someone off. I'm a "fixer" and sometimes I'm too eager to offer help and too reluctant to admit the person doesn't want my help. Also, it's just too easy to be misunderstood via internet.

I apologize for bringing contention to the team.
Thanks for the acknowledgement hun ... and Im sure you meant the best .. as all of us do .. like I said .. its the best and worst thing about the internet .. while we can reach out and chatter its incredible how important seeing someone is so we can understand where they are coming from .. also so the person giving the advice can see that it may not be going over so well ... until of course its too late. I have always loved the honesty of 3FC .. and I hope that it continues. I figured that if I said something sooner rather than later it will hopefully make things a little easier in the future for all of us Hugs and thanks again

MISS SM - I hope you had a good rest and have woken up refreshed

Had a long day at work today but it was great because it made it go fast with the busy haul of customers lol ... I was on my own for the day though as my lunch cover called in sick so no breaks .. but like I said .. it was busy so I was not upset about it .. and I doubled the target too!! The most they have had though on a Sunday for Months! (other than when it was a special day like Mothers Day .. ) ... got Pita Pit for dinner as I didnt want to come home to cook otherwise I would have made something bad for me cos it would be quick lol .. besides it took the edge off so I didnt get tempted to get bad things at the supermarket on the way home when I stopped to get some milk & cereal for breakfast

Good luck with your weigh ins peeps and keep up the great work
Old 05-18-2014, 08:51 AM   #29  

Congrats on weight loss - Novus, Nightkatt, Elizabeth and Lori Ann! I had a bit of loss but you really had some loss! Yea red team!
Old 05-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #30  

I also answered person about what to do to stop binging in evening, maybe I had more suggestions than they wanted. It's hard to know sometimes if people really want feedback or they are just venting. Nothing wrong with venting, just difficult to read sometimes.

Now back to the Red Team's successes this week! Don't forget to weigh in!