Blue Team 2014 Spring Meltdown Chat Thread Week 1 (04/28-05/04)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Well hello Blue Team,

It great to have all our return blue team members and welcome to all the new Blue team members.

This is where you will all come at least once during the week in order to have a chance on becoming the biggest loser for the week. If you have highest weight loss but have. It participated in the chat thread you cannot be the BL.

It is a great place here to get to know your team mates and for encouragement and support.

I look forward to meeting all of you and to chat with old friends as well.

For all the newbies my name is Jacky (Bigmid) I have been doing these challenges for a long time now. I started by doing the challenges about 3 years ago losing 20 my first, 15 the second and third and then became a leader and haven't lost on a challenge since...lol crazy.

I'm planning to change that this time around as I need to get back down 10-15lbs. So my goal is to get down at least 13 by the end. That's 1lb a week. Totally doable.

I'm 47, single with no kids. I take care of my mom who is not great. She had major spinal fusion surgery in Nov and has not healed well. We find out her hip needs done as well and probably caused the back pain so maybe didn't need the back surgery anyway she is scheduled for hip surgery in June. After her Nov surgery and she got home rehab was tough and I turned back to food. Not full as I'm still coming not horrible but time to focus on me again.

Anyway enough rambling about me now let's hear about all of you
  • Hi Jacky, I'm so excited to be involved again. So sad to hear about your mom's pain.

I'm nearly 30 (not looking forward to my birthday), single, 1 dog, and have been struggling with the same 5 pounds for the past 6 or so months. Hopefully I can get out of the 180s this go round. I'll eat well for a week or so and then binge for a few days. Then I go back to eating well and repeat. It's getting really annoying especially since I do so well working out.
  • Hi I'm randi I'm 22 no kids.Right before November I was 154 and going down but I decide to take a break and that lasted until March.i regained all the weight plus more.my goal is to get back to 154 and then keep going
  • Hey everyone! I am a returning member, but have been away for several years! I use to be the Blue Team leader and loved these challenges, they kept me going, but life in general got in the way and I had to step away. I am 36 years old, i live with my boyfriend and we have no children as of yet. I do not know if that is in the cards for us or not but if we will be blessed enough one day to have a child then I want to be my healthiest me I can be when I do!
    I have neglected me for far too long and I am at my highest weight and basically miserable with myself lol
    I am so happy to be back and taking part again! I am looking forward to getting to know all of you and some of you, all over again!
  • Hi Everyone. Looks like I am the senior citzen of the group but I am in my mid 30's in my heart. LOL I am still pinching myself because I can't believe I'm in my 60's. I was just chatting with a girlfriend last night, talking about how fast the last 30 years went by, I almost feel like I completely missed them.

So ... I'm 62, married, have 3 dogs (2 pugs and a stray that decided my house was where he wanted to grow old), a Cockatoo and an aquarium (every time I feed the fish I count them all to make sure everyone is accounted for.) I'm nuts.

Have 2 daughters and 4 grandchildren ... and 6 step children and 12 step grandchildren and 1 step great grandson.

I have really got to get my head back on my shoulders. Had a really good weightloss but since last Thanksgiving it keeps creeping up, 5 pounds at Thanksgiving, 5 at Christmas, 5 during vacation and anouther 5 at Easter and I just can't seem to get focused to take that 5 back off after each holiday. I soooo need our Challenge to help refocus on what I'm doing.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone,
  • Hi everyone, my name is Kelsey. I did this challenge a few years back while losing my baby weight. I was doing really well with weight loss until my husband came home from deployment and got lazy again. I gained about 25 lbs. Right now my husband is in Texas finishing up the police academy there. We will be moving there in a couple of months. I am really excited on losing some weight and participating in this challenge again!
  • Hello, my name is Janice and I've not been very motivated lately. Though I haven't gained any weight in the last year, I really haven't lost any either. I want ot lose another 40 pounds this year to reach goal weight. My goal during this challenge is to lose 1 to 2 lbs per week. I am 48, married to a wonderful man, no children, currently no furry children either. Due to back problems the doctor has limited exercise to walking. So during this challenge, I will attempt to walk 6 miles a day 5 days a week. I am looking forward to this challenge and it is great meeting everyone!
  • Hi chooks!

I'm Grace and I'm 33, mum to a beautiful 4 year old boy. I'm a teacher and I'm very active. I've lost roughly 2.5 stone (19kg) and I'm keen to lose a whole lot more! I enjoy swimming and going to the gym, but I abhor running. Nothing pleasurable about it whatsoever.

During this challenge I'd like to lose a kilo a week!
  • Hi great to see you coming on and saying hi. I hope everyone's first day went well. I do great until tonight and the chocolate called to me....oh so lovingly:-). I was talking nail art classes all day so I didn't exercise then got home fed us then had to find all my stuff for doing my taxes.
    Tomorrow will be and exercise day and with going back to work I should have a good food day.
    It's the nights as I lay in bed for a bit that I go off the rails. I hope to cut back and be off any eating in bed by the two week mark. Slowly cut off should be better than none I'm thinking.
    Have a great night everyone.
  • Hi! I'm Leah, 28 years old, which is way too close to 30 for my comfort level. My husband's currently out on an aircraft carrier, so it's just me and the kids right now (boooooo!), as well as the two cats and a couple cows and all of my anthropomorphized garden plants.

I come from a family with a long history of weight issues - grandmother died of her third heart attack in her early 60s, mom had her first heart attack at age 39, sister and brother both have major weight issues. I'm determined that I'm not going down the same road. I lost 60 pounds in my early twenties and kept it off for several years, but weight has crept back on recently with the stress of buying a house and having another baby. In this challenge, I'd really like to see the 140s. Looking forward to playing with all of you!
  • Morning well I'm getting ready for work soon just wanted to check in and say hello before I go.
    Have a great OP day everyone
  • Hi everyone!! It's awesome to see so many friendly, inspiring people on here - I'm glad to be on this team with all of you. :-)

My name's Amanda, I'm 24 and live with my fiance. We are getting married in 11 DAYS!!! I can't believe it has come up so quickly - we've been engaged for about a year & a half and it has gone by in the blink of an eye. Needless to say, life is a little crazy right now with last minute wedding planning - never knew so many tiny details & decisions went into a wedding!

The wedding is part of the reason I got back on here & joined this challenge. Two years ago I started my weight loss journey and lost about 30 lbs - I was on the Blue Team during a spring challenge back then & lost a lot of the weight during that challenge! It was very helpful & motivating! At my final dress fitting, I could barely zip up the dress and did NOT like how it looked on me, so I have been in INTENSE calorie counting/exercise mode for the past few weeks. I've lost 5.2 lbs since that last fitting & just hope that's enough to help me feel & look good in the dress in a couple of weeks!

Other than obsessing about the wedding, I spend my time planning for school (I teach kindergarten!), reading, watching TV/movies, exercising, spending time with my fiance, etc. Pretty low key!

My plan for this challenge is to use MyFitnessPal to track what I eat and stay in my daily calorie limit & exercise 5x a week for at least 30 minutes. I've started taking a Spin class on Tuesdays & Thursdays and it has been kicking my butt, but in a good way! On days when I don't do Spin, I usually do 30 minutes of the elliptical & then spend a bit of time on the weight machines at the gym. What's everyone else's plan for this challenge? :-)

I am so looking forward to participating in this challenge with all of you! Keep up the great work, all! :-)
  • Quote: My plan for this challenge is to use MyFitnessPal to track what I eat and stay in my daily calorie limit & exercise 5x a week for at least 30 minutes. I've started taking a Spin class on Tuesdays & Thursdays and it has been kicking my butt, but in a good way! On days when I don't do Spin, I usually do 30 minutes of the elliptical & then spend a bit of time on the weight machines at the gym. What's everyone else's plan for this challenge
    Hey, congrats on your upcoming wedding! That's super exciting, and I bet you'll look great in the dress.

As far as plans go, I'm using MFP too (username is bigchiefhoho if anyone wants to add me). Calories are kind of a pain to figure out, since I'm currently breastfeeding a baby and whenever I cut food TOO much my milk dries up, so I have to keep to around 2000 per day. For exercise I'm almost done with couch to 5k, then I'll start running more, and I'm going to start lifting weights when my husband gets back on dry land. In the meantime I've been doing zumba and spin classes on my non-running days (zumba is more fun, spin feels like a better workout, I usually go with zumba, heh).
  • Hey guys, I hope you all had a great start. I worked out last night but was feeling the pull to snack last night. I was feeling emotional and wanted to eat. I'm not normally like this much. Today's a new day and I'm feeling positive. Have a great day everyone.
  • Hi crazy day at work today then off to the gym tonight. Eating was good for the most part and a bit of snacking tonight. Not horrible though.

I'm on MFP too but don't use it to log food anymore linked it to run keeper now though to keep track of fitness. Not sure what my user name is. Off to see