Blue Team 2014 Spring Meltdown Chat Thread Week 1 (04/28-05/04)

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I hope everyone is having a great week. My eating has been good the past few days, but this week has been hard finding time to workout. Hopefully next week will be better.
  • Morning everyone!! I have been having an okay (?) week I guess.. food is going well for the most part but definitely not as on the mark as i would like to be and I have only gotten out for two walks this week I know it is a work in progress and takes time, lil changes bit by bit.. I keep telling myself it won't happen overnight.. le sighhhh haha
  • I have absolutely no restraint when I go to the grocery store or when i'm eating out. Good thing i've limited both to once a week! I have to avoid doing both or else I buy crap foods or eat all the bread on the table. How can I get a little bit more self control? As hard as I try, when I do groceries once a week, I find myself in the middle of a little mind game telling me why I should, instead of why I shouldn't. Restaurant food, well, the nice, hot crusty bread that comes out is just too tempting. I hate to stop going out altogether with friends and colleagues. How do you manage the temptations? Which leads me to office meetings (donuts, birthday cakes, cookies and coffee, etc). Oh, please do not pass the bowl with the peppermint patties!!! what to do...
  • Well woke up not feeling great and said I shouldn't step on the scale but kinda wanted to. Anyone know that feeling. Well I GAINED 6lbs in 5 days.....who does that.
    I know I've had a couple snacking nights but I've been good the rest of the time. The last 3 months have been not really watching and I've maintained.
    I have not weighed this much in 2 years. Went back and it was April 2012.
    Holy crap!!
    This always affects my moods too so today should be great.

Anyway. It much I can do about that feeling it's just move on I will be sorry for Sunday though as I don't usually take freebies if I can help it as I always feel I need to be accountable and that's with good and bad. Sorry team. I will hope some shifts in the next couple days

Hope you all have a better day then me and I will try to stay positive. Oh and drink more water.

I've been bad with drinking water the last couple days too. Big issues as work the last couple days so I don't have time to take to many breaks for getting rid of water.
  • seaurchin, I suck at going out to restaurants too (good thing we're broke), but for grocery shopping it helps me to have a really thorough list and not buy ANYTHING that is not on that list. I usually spend an hour or so planning the week's meals and writing down everything that is needed. I usually organize it by section (produce, meat, dairy, canned goods, etc.), because I'm super efficient/annoyingly anal like that.
  • Hi everyone I hope you all had a great first week.

I know I'm letting you down and I still can't figure out why the huge gain but it has stayed with me. I have to record it sorry

Well I'm teaching and giving an exam tomorrow so will be gone early so I just wanted to remind everyone that you must post your weights tomorrow by 6 central time.

I will try to come on again between exams and chat. Have a great day everyone.
  • Despite of the crappy food that i've eaten this week, i've still managed to keep calorie intake less than 1400 most days (not enough good food!) and with the walking, i've managed to lose 2 pounds. Though I'm happy with the weight loss, i'm not happy that i've let the food around me (at work) control me. I don't buy the stuff to take home. However, i can't seem not to buy it at the checkout counter. Well, i'm going to commit to myeslf that i won't have any chips, cookies, cake, and chocolate this week. It should be better at work. I just have to control my check outs at the grocery store! I hope everyone had a good week, best wishes on the weigh in.
  • Wow good job, everyone!
  • I've had an emotionally exhausting week, but I still managed to lose 1.3kg, even though I missed a number of workouts AND had takeaways twice.
  • Hi Team! I'm pretty busy with homework lately but I just entered my weight so I thought I would pop in and say hi