Old 11-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #16  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

Hiddenstar - Thanks! I can't believe the pregnancy and first month of her life has already flown by. And yes weight loss is slow at times but weight gain...quick to add. I gained 40 lbs within the first few months and then slowly added the rest. Ready to get this weight off once and for all as no more babies for me. Three kids (2 boys and 1 girl) is way more than enough for me. lol. I have also moved back to my hometown and found an amazing job in my field (paralegal). These past few months definitely went fast with major changes.

Secret Swan - My guess is you shook up your routine that has led to your body to drop out of its comfort zone. That's a good thing not a problem. And let what your friend said go in one ear and out the other. There are many women and men on this site who lost and kept off the weight using calorie counting. It's a matter of lifestyle change versus just dieting. You can do it if you put your mind to it.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Only Believe! best wishes and hope to see you soon on the forum! You've made great progress.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 277/231/150

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Swan View Post
Ok, guys, I have a "problem." ....

Anyway, that's where I am. Now the "problem" is that HOLY CRAP I have lost a ton of weight this week! I've recently started strength training, and I've done it most mornings the last couple of weeks, and I have also stepped up my walking, but I've probably done slightly less intense cardio and I have been eating a bit more to match the extra walking. And as of today I weight 4.5 pounds less than my last weigh-in. Which would be normal if it were my first week of calorie counting, but it is not. Am I ok? Should I be doing something different? Or is it ok to just lay back and enjoy it, since the odds are it'll slow way back down on its own? I feel good--sore from the strength training, but in a healthy way.
Hi Secret Swan - I was preparing to be all jealous but I weighed in this morning and it showed a 5.4 lb loss. I decided to double check a few minutes later and the scales settled on a 3.2 lb loss. (I thought my digital scales were good but my first weigh of the day always is a little less even though I do nothing that would change it) In real life I can be such a know it all but I don't think I will ever have a handle on this weight loss thing like some of the people around here. I just hope this continues and we can all get through the plateaus knowing we'll have weeks like this.

Last edited by pearlfit; 11-10-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #19  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

Secretswan - the others got it right. Enjoy your drop. Weightloss is not linear. It bounces around but as longas it heads mostly down were good. Plus changing your routine is helpful. It will slow down when you get to aboutthe last 10 pounds. Another thing to note a lot of women have a big drop after tom.

I'm suffering with a cold this weekend. I so want to get out instead of being a couch potato.

Good luck with the weigh-ins. Go blue.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Well, then I am just going to be happy! Gotta have a good week once in a while, right?

Last edited by Secret Swan; 11-10-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Link to the week 6 chat thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...ml#post4881151