Old 10-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #16  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I have really struggled with food this week. I have stayed on track with exercise which I count as a success. I only lost .8 lbs this week. Hoping next week is better!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #17  

Hi all!! I havent been doing good this week.. I have stayed in better control over food but I have been down to 0 exercise. I dont seem to have dragged myself out of my room... 2 major reasons.... Its been raining all week and the next me being so depressed and lonely that I have ignored almost everything... Havent even been sleeping properly also.. Hardly get 6 hrs of sleep.... Have totally forgotten to drink water.. All in all not in a good state

Hope to feel better.... As for the nutrition, I do not follow any specific diets but use my fitness pal to log in calories and mostly try to be under the calorie range or around the number... Occassionally I take a day off....

As for me I have gained close to 1.1 lbs... hope they will come off

I better get a good hold of this.

Last edited by nlauah; 10-16-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #18  

nlauah -- it has been raining in TX too and I have to admit, I have been more interested in curling up and enjoying the sound of the rain then getting up and working out. Hence, my weight has bounced up and not down. Need to get that corrected but it is so hard when the weather is so cozy.

Fitbit -- I loved mine ... to death. I killed the little thing, not certain exactly why it quit working but it decided to stop charging. I wrote to Fitbit and they are sending me another one free of charge. So Riddy, that is why you have been kicking my butt in steps the last couple of weeks if you noticed. LOL When the rain stops and the fitbit arrives watch out.

FickleFawn -- I wanted my fitbit more because of the step counting. I work on the 4th floor and like to track how many times a day I go up and down them. It has been good for that but I'm shocked at how hard I work on trying to get in 10K steps. The thing will start sending you motivation comments on your ipad so I'll sit down to surf the net and pick up my ipad and it will say 2000 more steps and you will make your goal today. Guess what, I get up and try to get in 2000 more steps. Love it.

Back to work. TTFN
Old 10-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #19  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Evangeline, I did notice your steps were way down. I thought maybe you weren't wearing it. That sucks that it broke, but great that fitbit is replacing it for you. I killed 2 of the original style, but I had bought them at Best Buy and got the protection plan, so I got them replaced no problem. The second time they had just come out with the One, so for about $15 Best buy let me upgrade. I kept breaking the clip, and the clip on the One is a lot sturdier. It's been almost a year, and I just had to buy a new clip.

Narnia, if you want a fitbit friend, I'm game. I admit, I get a little thrill the days I beat Evangeline in steps, and try to get more in the days she's beating me.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #20  

It was a better day yesterday and I got a 3 mile walk... I havent done anything close to that in the last 4 days or so..... Stayed 400 calories under and wasnt hungry... I did not weigh myself today morning since I was in a hurry but can expect some increase as I near TOM and have the bloat

I seem to have picked up some stomach sickness since the morning.. let me see how the day goes.. Hope it gets better
Old 10-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #21  

Hi Everybody,
I weighed in today and had another loss, I just hope it keeps on coming off. I think the gluten free is helping. They finished the roof on our house yesterday and will start the windows nest week so I'm almost out of the construction zone for this year. I'm not doing very well on the exercise tho, I need to get moving.

Nixmom- How was Kauai? we are planning a tropical vacation this spring and still debating Hawai vs Caribean .

Rated- I have a huge chocolate addiction too, I just try to limit it coming into the house which doesn't work well.

Eof AZ- I'm type 2 diabetic too, I used South Beach years ago and it worked wonderfully till I had a thyroid flair and gained 30 pounds back in less than a month. I'm thinking about the South Beach Gluten free that just came out.

Mary Shady- I'm reading Wheat Belly and I like what it says.

Fickle Hearts- We went to Jamaica in September and loved it.

Nlauah- Hang in there, I know how hard it can be to get going but I'm here for you.

Have a great weekend everyone, We are going to the football game tonight, our daughter is in the Jr high band that is performing tonight. It's going to be cold but fun.

Bette
Old 10-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddy View Post
Narnia, if you want a fitbit friend, I'm game. I admit, I get a little thrill the days I beat Evangeline in steps, and try to get more in the days she's beating me.
LOL I can see this challenge getting VERY competive as soon as I get my new Fitbit ... it should be any day now.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Height: 5'6"

Iowa - Oh we loved it. I can't wait to go back. Funny how I live on the beach, one that's just as pretty. I guess it's just the novelty of a different beach and the atmosphere.

I bought a fitbit zip, should be here today. I also pre-ordered the fitbit force, the new wrist band. That won't be here until November though. I'd love some buddies!

I'm not too happy about weigh in tomorrow. This week isn't going as well as hoped. I've eaten way too little and while I don't buy into the starvation mode thing, I don't think it's healthy to eat under 1200 calories. It's just how things fell and what happens when I don't plan. I've danced around 239 all week, but tomorrow will be the tell all. I'm cooking stir fry chicken tonight, so here's hoping it won't pack too much sodium.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #24  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

My scale is going the wrong way. I've gotten back on track with my food and exercise but for some reason my weight is going up instead of down. I'm taking another freebie this week so I don't inflict these awful numbers on the team.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone
I just finished my block of night shifts and I am exhausted I managed to lose 2 pounds this week but I am sure it's just water weight, as I wasn't on plan at all. I ate ok, but I didn't log my foods so I don't know if I went over with my calories, and I didn't have any energy to exercise this week. It just goes to show that you can do everything right and not lose, or even gain weight, and then other weeks you can be off plan and lose
I have 4 days off now so I am definitely getting back to exercising this week. I feel so much better when I am working out consistently.

FickleHearts - I think you are going to love your FitBit! I have the One and I find it so motivating. I would love to be your FB buddy

Nlaugh - I can relate. I haven't been sleeping much either and it ruins my whole day. Hope you are feeling better

Evangeline - That is great that you are getting your FitBit replaced. I dropped mine in the sink about a month ago and it stopped working. I put it in a bag of rice for a couple of days and it started working again. I was so happy because I had just replaced the one I had lost a few months earlier.
I too find it hard to get my 10K steps in per day, especially on the days that I don't work. When I used to work the evening shift I could easily get in 15K steps per shift, but now that I work nights I average around 7K per shift.

Riddy - I would love to have you as my FitBit friend I have no idea how to add people though

Novus - Hang in there! Your muscles are probably holding onto some water. I bet you'll see a loss soon.

Well I am going to try to get a few more hours of sleep. Have a wonderful day!
Old 10-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #26  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Hi everyone ... and WAHOO to our BL this week and the top 3 too

I seem to be a little out of sync with the timing for posting (prob being on the other side of the world lol) .. so Im just trying to catch up

This week's theme - what is your nutrition plan? Are you counting calories, following a specific diet plan (i.e., South Beach, Atkins, etc.), a meal replacement plan (Jenny Craig, Medifast, etc.), or something else? What about the plan works for you and what is the most difficult part?

Over the years I have tried just about every diet and plan there is .. well .. available in NZ anyway lol .. and I have managed to stick to them for about a month .. sometimes 2 .. before I go completely off plan and give up (on myself more than the plan). My biggest problem isnt actually eating too much .. its eating the right things for my body. So I am still adjusting my plan to suit me .. taking bits from other plans that seemed to work for me and not included the bits that didn't ... sort of figure I really need to get something in my day that I can stick to without really thinking about it
Sooo ... my plan ...
- Fasting - I fast for 12-16 hours each day (minimum 8pm-8am) try to allow only an 8 hour eating window. I have found the earlier in the day i start eating .. the more I eat.
- I dont eat at specific times .. ie every 2 hours or whatever. I have a snack bar at midday usually (well around then), and then a main meal about 530 (mainly veg) .. and if Im a little peckish .. I will have a snack at 730.
- Water - I DRINK heaps! A minimum of 3 litres a day Feel so much better and my skin and hair look great too!
- Carbs - hardly have any .. about 3-4 baby potatoes (about 150g max) if I am going to have any... no bread ... occasionally I will have a pita pocket though.
- Protein - try to stick to no more than about 70-80g a day (value wise when I put it into my calorie counter lol) ... mainly chicken breast .. I dont really like red meat and not a fan of seafood either.
- Salt - I dont add it to anything and try to make sure whatever I do have is low sodium level.
- Fats - According to my calorie count I am consistently too low overall .. so the odd treat of low fat butter popcorn is a nice supper time snack to boost that one a little
- Vitamins - I have multi vitamins every day .. just to boost what I may be a little low in.
- Beverages - I usually have a glass of fresh OJ each day, coffee once or twice a week (no sugar/low fat milk), and green tea daily.
- Calorie intake - I was advised for my size a target of about 1980 calories each day was a good target .. most days when I was really pushing my intake I was lucky to get to 1500 .. now Im happy at around the 1000-1300 each day ... and the days I go a little over .. I dont stress so much
- Exercise - ummm .. yeah .. well .. still a work in progress lol ... I do more housework than I used to .. and the last week has seen me busy setting up my new store which opens next week (so lots of running around getting things, prepping the store and painting it on the weekend) .. I am definitely more active than I was 3 months ago ... but still want to try to get in at least a couple of days a week of proper exercise before the wedding lol ..

Right .. need to go pick up some more stock to sort and take down to the store .. have a great week all .. and yahoo for week 2 Im sure we can beat Week 1 results
Old 10-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Novus - It sucks when the scale doesn't cooperate. As long as you truly are eating better and exercising then the weight will come off you just have to patient.

I had an awful week this week. I confess the Halloween candy got me! But it is now up high where it is 100% impossible for my to reach. I can see it but there is no way for me to have it.

Today I was really productive. I have hard boiled some eggs, made a quinoa salad and soup is cooking for dinner, I feel in control and back on track.