Old 08-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default In Between Challenges-Mixed CHAT Thread (08/26/13-09/02/13)

Here is this week's chat thread.

I just got back from camping for 5 days.

Weight remained steady- amazing as we weren't that active. But we did have a banana boat (or 2) over the campfire.

I'm not going to post the nutrition thread as it doesn't seem to get much use- especially in-between challenges. If this is a problem, please let me know.

Hope everyone is enjoying the last week of summer.

Last edited by CanadaMel; 08-26-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #2  

Welcome back Mel. I love camping, one of my favorite things to do and one of the things I never seem to get to do anymore. I'm getting ready to finally take a vacation of my own. I will be heading back to AZ to visit my #2 daughter and youngest grandchilren for a week in September. I'm holding steady on my weight so I'm not unhappy with that. I've also stepped up my walking and getting it in more consistently so I am not unhappy with that.

This thread feels like a ghost town. It must be everyone ending up summer and starting the school year. My grand children in TX started this week. The ones in AZ started a couple of weeks ago. It will probably pickup again in a couple of weeks.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #3  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Hi Mel and Evangeline! I'm almost 4-weeks into the school year so I'm pretty much back in the groove with my nutrition plan. I can't seem to kick the occasional sweet though. For goodness sake, I was 100% on plan for 90 days and now I can't seem to keep on plan for a week.

The good news is I'm still losing. I'm down to 206.2 - can't believe I'm almost out of the 200's!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #4  

Superhero Teacher, I can so relate to that goal. I have been bouncing around 200 and 198 for about a month. I will be glad when I get down a few more pounds so my ups and downs don't throw me back and forth on that milestone. My weight naturally swings several pounds but it really is painful to see that stupid 2 peaking at you every few days. Fortunately it vanishes again just as quickly.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #5  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Wow, I can't believe summer's almost over - waahhh!

My mini scale break ends Sunday - I'm going to weigh on the first of the month til the next challenge starts. It felt weird not weighing last weekend, but a little freeing, too.

Ok Mel, I'll bite - what's a banana boat? And is it yummy?

Superheroteacher, I hear ya. Lately I'm having trouble with nuts again. Both portion control and eating them when I'm not that hungry. I need to find something else to keep my mouth/brain busy with at work - gum isn't cutting it right now.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Wow, I don't think anyone from the blue team has checked in...this really has died down! Well, I'm down to 174 today...so I'm pretty happy with that. Made my new goal 155...which is crazy for me to even comprehend! Of course, my goal for the longest time was just 199, so it is hard for me to think that I am now 25 pounds past that! Hope everyone else is doing good and enjoying the last of their summer!