Old 07-22-2013, 12:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team Spring Into Action 2013 CHAT Thread Week 10 (July 22/13 - July 28/13)

And we're into the double digits- Bring on week 10!

LeslieB (blue team co-leader) posts the 2013 Spring Into Action official weekly results here.

As a team we gained 2.2 lbs or 0.12 % .
Again-some people had stellar losses this week, while others struggled. I struggled but am hoping it was my off-plan eating as I got ready for my race. Time to turn things around as we are in the home stretch.

Our Biggest Loser:
ArmyGirl (-2.5 lbs, 1.32%)

Honourable Mentions:
SuperHeroTeacher (-1.8 lbs, 0.82%)

Changergirl (-1.3 lbs, 0.76%)

Riddy (-0.4 lbs, 0.21%)

Way to go everyone- Great Job!!

Just like the Little Engine That Could "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can" changes into "I knew I could, I knew I could, I knew I could"!!

GO RED

Last edited by CanadaMel; 07-22-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Yahoo Armygirl, Superheroteacher and Changergirl!

I'm happy my hard work finally showed up on the scale this week.

I got a massage today, and she gave my hip flexor a good working over. Then I saw the trainer, and he wanted to let all the massage goodness soak in, so my upper body got all his attention. My arms still feel like jello.

My homework for this week is to run 1 1/2 - 2 miles as fast as I can. I've never tried to run fast, so I'm curious to see what I can do.

Let's go in to the last stretch strong, red team!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #3  

Hope everyone had a good tuesday and your weeks have started off well.
Feel like I'm busier than ever right now. Dh is away, so I'm on dog walking detail 2x per day in addition to everything else...sigh.
but i've been keeping myself entertained looking for a training plan for the next half. It's 10 weeks away, I'd like to see if I can get a better time, but I think this one is a more challenging course as it's in the mountains.

Riddy- curious- what's the purpose of running it as fast as you can? Just to get a baseline of your endurance? The massage sounds heavenly.

Okay- time to get the kids & myself to bed.
Have a good night.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #4  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Just wanted to pop in and say hello before I leave for vacation. I'll be taking my two freebies this weekend and next. Hopefully I can keep losing while away!
Old 07-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #5  

Happy Vacation SuperHeroTeacher!

Friday- how did that happen? Hope everyone has had a good week and is enjoying the outdoors and not stuck inside. Looks like rain is forecast for the weekend, so I have to see how to entertain the kids. I'd be happy just to catch up on my knitting & organizing- but I don't think they'll enjoy that too much.

What are your plans for the weekend?
Old 07-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #6  

Started the day with a 10k run. Feels good to have that done and still have the whole day ahead.
Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!
Old 07-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #7  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Just a fly by - I'm away for the weekend at an Irish fest with the band I go to Ireland with. So, my exercise is going to be dancing my butt off.

Mel, the trainer suggested the short fast run as something to try for improving my overall speed and/or distance. I'm still not very fast - my fastest mile was about 10 1/2 minutes. But I am pleased to know that I almost have a 10 minute mile in me.

Off to dance and sing along!
Old 07-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #8  

Well this is a switch, my exercise have been good but not so much on food. If I could just get it all together. I have really been enjoying my lunch time workouts. I have played around in the stairwell again. Found out Friday that I can walk up 42 flights of stairs in 45 minutes. That is walking up 7 flights catching an elevator back down to the bottom and back up 7 flights again. I was surprises that I wasn't sore after or that I actually ran out of time before I rainout of endurance. Next week maybe I can get both my food and exercise working together.

Have a good weekend.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 231/219/170

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,

Congrats to SuperHeroTeacher, Changergirl and Riddy!

Wow, that week just flew by! I can't believe it's already Saturday.

I had a decent week of workouts - I started a new weight program a couple weeks ago to try and get my arms looking not so flabby...well, it seems to be working

You see, there's this guy that goes to the gym around the same time as I do, and yeah he's cute I was talking to him today after my routine and he said "You've got pretty big muscles, for a chick". Yeah, I totally felt every ounce of pain has been worth it at that moment! LOL

It's pretty crazy, but just that one comment from a guy at the gym and I've been just like a giddy school girl all day! LOL

Well, I should get going...I'm in a ball tournament this weekend and I play again in less than an hour.

Hope everyone had a great week!
Old 07-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/165/120

Height: 5'3"

Great job keeping up the progress Armygirl, Superheroteacher and Changergirl! Summer is really flying by. I'm finally getting in a routine and finding some comfort in having some control. What a difference exercising more days in a week feels. Enjoying fresh fruit for dessert since it's prime time for peaches!

I hope everyone has a great week - we can do this!!!
Old 07-28-2013, 11:49 PM   #11  

Just got the kids off the computer & into bed so I'll calculate results tomorrow!

Have a great night.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #12  

Week 11 Chat thread is up & running.
Results later this morning