Red Team Spring Into Action 2013 CHAT Thread Week 7 (July 01/13 - July 7/13)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Week 6 is in the books!

I wanted to get the chat thread started- will calculate results a bit later. Please be patient- thanks!

LeslieB (blue team co-leader) posts the 2013 Spring Into Action official weekly results here.

As a team we gained 2.9 lbs or 0.10 % .
    But we had some individuals who had STELLAR weeks!

Our Biggest Loser:
    Elizabeth779 (-2.0 lbs, 0.78%)

Honourable Mentions:
    Nikel1979 (-1.5 lbs, 0.68%)

SuperHeroTeacher (-1.4 lbs, 0..63%)

KimL1214 (-1.0 lbs, 0.39%)

Way to go everyone- Great Job!!

Keep up the great work!

I know a lot of members feel this is a difficult challenge due to change of schedule. New summer routines etc. Time to persevere and hang tough.

GO RED
  • Good morning gang-
    Didn't get to the totals yet- doh!
    Hopefully later today.
    Too much laundry and getting the kids ready for summer camp.
    Super hot here in Calgary today. Hooray! Drink your H2O!
  • Okay- finally got results posted.
    Congrats to those who lost & :hugs: to those who didn't.
    It's a new week- so let's get to it!
  • Congrats Elizabeth779 and everyone else who lost

I am one who has had a hard time adjusting to new summer schedules. I am used to living on my own but now I live with my family again for the summer and that has been an adjustment. They have mentioned I have gained weight and I feel every time I eat something they are judging me. Therefore I have definitely cut back on snacking which is a good thing but not for the best reason.

Wish everyone else the best of luck this week!
  • Congrats, Elizabeth, Nikel, Superheroteacher, and KimL!

Still plugging away here.

Wish me luck tomorrow - my Firecracker 4 mile race is at 9am!
  • Happy 4th of July to all our US members!

Enjoy the day.

Riddy have fun on your run! Rock it!
  • HAPPY JULY 4th to all of you hope you have a great day!!

Rated just read your post and that doesn't make it any easier when you feel like you being watched. You've been doing great so don't forget that.

Have a great race Riddy

Mel today was better for being able to move wasn't it....sad the rain is coming again though. Are you going to the parade on Friday. I was going to go but my friend has to work now:-(
  • I did good at the race! By my app, it took us 58:33, official time was a minute more. Either way, it was under an hour! I ran all but about a minute of the last big hill. It was really hot and humid - 87 degrees by the time we ended. Thank goodness for the nice folks who live along the route who set up their hoses to mist us as we ran by! I know I could have run it a little faster, but it was more important to me to stick with my friend.

Rated, hang in there! It's tough when you know people notice you've gained, and actually say say it out loud. Since it's family, maybe they're saying it out of concern? In any case, try not to feel judged. Just do your best and keep working at it.
  • Hi gang-
    Riddy- well done!! Excellent job. Wow- can't imagine running in 87 degree weather. Last week was bad when I ran (for here at least) and it was 10 deg cooler.
    Rated- try to let those words roll off your back. Easier said than done. You could confront them also and ask them to keep their comments to themselves or try to get them to join in a healthier lifestyle with you?! :hugs:

Need to get my butt moving and start running again as my next half is in 2 weeks and I think I've lost my mind, but I've just agreed to buy someone's race bib for a half at the end of September. Doh!
  • Hey everyone!

I've been gone from here for a bit, not on purpose, I've just been absentminded.

Congrats to everyone whose continued to lose weight.

Prior to this weekend I continued to gain and lose the same 2 pounds that I've lost and gained since the middle of May. I decided to try something new so this last weekend I splurged on my food. It helped that I was going to Seoul so I had the opportunity to eat some food I normally can't. I had Indian, Russian and American cuisine during the weekend and went over my calories by about 1000 each day. I was up another pound on Monday but since then I've been down every day and lost 2 pounds total so I'm right in the middle of those two pounds I've been gaining and losing. I'm hoping this trend will continue and last weekend will be the kick I needed to get over this frustrating almost two month long plateau.

Rated- I'm sorry your parents are so hard on you about your weight. It's strange but I've always had the opposite problem, where even at my heaviest and I needed to lose weight and a lot, my parents always told me I looked great. That wasn't the best either as it helped me 'ignore' my weight issue. Maybe you can try and turn it into a positive and be even more motivated.

Riddy and Mel- Good job with all your running. That is amazing. I really can't wait to be able to run 4 miles or a half, though I'm not sure I'll ever get there! I've tried running so many times (C25K) and have never been able to finish it. I made it all the way to week 8 this last go but I couldn't get past running about 22 minutes. I'm still trying to improve my times, I run about 2-3 times a week but I'm having trouble consistently getting to 20 minutes. My current goal is to just make it to 5K running and walking as quickly as I can. My best is just over 42 minutes and that includes 15 minutes of walking still.
  • Posting my first weekly gain since beginning the program 15 weeks ago

Poor choices this week caught up with me.
  • After a very rough month in June, I'm back on track and down 2.2 pounds. Yay! But between my two jobs, I was scheduled 7 days in a row this week so I've been slacking on the exercise. I'm definitely looking forward to a run on Sunday....and a long relaxing day off.

Go Team Red! Let's show the Blues who's the boss of this challenge!
  • Hi all- hope you've had an enjoyable Saturday.
    We started our day off with a stampede breakfast. Pancakes, sausage & coffee /juice. There will be a lot of these this week. The stampede/rodeo runs for 10 days. As long as I keep moving I should be okay.
    Went for my first run since our big run last Saturday. It felt good to get back out there. We took it nice and easy. I think I'll do a long run tomorrow to keep my body ready for the race on the 20th.

Changergirl- when I did C2 5k I repeated week 9 2-3 times, until it became more comfortable. Don't get frustrated. Everyone's body responds differently to exercise. If you told me I'd be running half-marathons when I started running in 2009, I would have asked what planet you were from, LOL! Persistence pays off.

Superheroteacher-just your body's way of saying, whoa- what's going on. Stay the course & keep drinking your water . You can do it.

Novus- it's nice when our bodies release the weight. Wish I could figure out why some times it holds on to it and other tones it releases- it would make this journey easier.

Dog walk is just about complete. Now time for some knitting. Have a good night all!
  • Hi everyone -- just a fly by -- and so sorry i've been MIA.

Dahlia and I went to mountains today and when we got back we swam laps (I dog paddled) in her pool, so hope we lost some......

I've been struggling with my WOE plan but think HOPE I"m getting back on track.....have been flirting with sugar and flour and potato chips, and it's making me yo yo on the scale and yo yo on my resolve to lose all the weight.

Hope you all are having a good week AND a good weigh in tomorrow.

Night all -- Red Team Hug!!
  • I'm still here but not being able to check in while waiting for my DH after work is kicking my butt. By the time we get home i am lucky to get supper on and cleaned up, grand kids ready for bed and myself ready for the next day. sitting and waiting for DH was my internet time. oh well, i am enjoying having the time to read more. I also have been lazy about my eating so the scale is up. I've taken another freebie so I don't mess up the rest of the team but will have to bite the bullet next week and determine where I really am on the scale. I am hoping it is mostly water retension and it will correct itself by then.

It's July and if you remember me talking about the stair climbing challenge our department has each year it is back again. We also have a 1/4 mile walking track marked out on the 1st floor near the docks so I've been combining the two into some lunch exercise. I begin by walking down then back up 3 flights of steps. Then I put on my headphones and walk for a mile and finish up by walking another 3 to 6 flights of steps. The trick is keeping your mind occupied enough to keep walking. The halls down there are cool but boring so so boring.

I don't assume I will have a chance to get back on again this week so I hope everyone has a good one and I will hopefully catchup next weekend.