Old 06-13-2013, 12:58 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 231/219/170

Height: 5'6"

Just a quick fly by ladies...My NSV so far this week happened today...I was at the gym twice today. Spin class first thing this morning, then a Jump class this evening with a friend! Burned almost 1000 calories! Woohoo!

Keep up the great work everyone!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:07 AM   #17  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone

Mel -- congrats on the size 10....that is soooooooooo cool!!!
WOW gal you are getting close,

Nicole -- the color race sounds fun, and the pics are great. Yayyyyy on "IT FITS" and getting the new clothes. I've had people give me clothes too, and it helps and is fun to have something "new" to wear (well "new" to me anyway).

Wow armygirl -- 1000 calories? that's amazing!

Montecristo -- kettlebell ALWAYS kicks my butt. I like kettlebell workout a lot. am still working on the instructional video though, and I use a light weight. I agree that by using proper form and not overdoing, I would think it's about the best all round workout a person could do, such as when stuck in a hotel room, or something like that. It's a nice change up to going to teh gym.

Well it's after 3 and I so need to get to sleep.....

YAY to all of us and our NSV's. I know Dahlia is working out on her elliptical very regularly now. As for me, still congested, and I've not been back at the gym yet. And struggling a little with my food plan....but I'll fix that.

RED TEAM HUG!!!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

hi Gang!
an okay Thursday here but now the rain is coming down in buckets.
Trying to stay motivated for the remainder of my work day.
I'm without my pedometer today and feel 'lost'. I've been moving, but not as much if I had it on my body. Oh well- I'll be running to the car so I don't get soaked.
Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #19  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Wow, another week flying by.

Congrats Armygirl, Mel, and Dahlia! I'm tickled to be up (or rather, down) with you!

Big NSV this week - best run times yet! I've had a cranky hip flexor since I ran every other day on vacation in April. The trainer gave me some stretches when I got home, and that helped, but last week I told him it was still acting up. He did some different stuff with me, and told me to start icing and heating it, and both my runs since then have been best times!

And now I want to do a color run, too.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #20  

Saw this tweet from Koss corporation (they make headphones) and said YES!

Quote:
Strive for progress, not perfection

Last edited by CanadaMel; 06-14-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:20 AM   #21  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

^^^^^

We need a "like" button! :P

Last edited by Riddy; 06-14-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:27 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

I've been hiding from here as my TOM whoosh didn't come or at least not yet which is super disappointing since the gain did come so I'm weighing in at exactly the same as I did a month ago. I'm really really trying not to focus so much on the scale. I'm working out 5x a week and trying to get fit is more of a priority but that stupid number on the scale is always in the back of my mind. Anyway that is my mini-vent maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and I'll be a kilo down and this post will be for nothing. **fingers crossed**
Old 06-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #23  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

This week I contemplated dropping out of the challenge. I'm not, but I'm also treading very carefully with food and diet. Ultimately I know therapy will be helpful, but last week, as a reaction to some of the hard stuff, I found myself falling into the all too familiar pattern of not eating. My weight will almost certainly be up this week. I ate what I wanted last weekend, with no thoughts to calories. As crazy as this may sound, it was really good for me. Over-eating or binge eating have never been an problem for me. Letting go a bit and just going with it was a huge thing for me. I gave up a lot of control for about 48 hours, and I had a fantastic, anxiety-free weekend. While obviously I'm not going to do that on the regular, it was the perfect thing for me right now.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:35 PM   #24  

I had my brother surprise me with a visit this week. I haven't been eating crazy but not as controlled as I normally would. It was a great visit.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 165/165/120

Height: 5'3"

Kind of a slow going week, but fairly steady. Need to do something to increase weight loss. Thinking of doing a half workout in the morning before work and wondering if that might rev up my metabolism, particularly since I sit all day long! Any thoughts on this? I also think I need to increase veggies and less fruit. ??? I hope everyone had a good week!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 11:54 PM   #26  

Week 5 Chat thread is up & running