Old 06-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #1  

Default Blue Team Spring Into Action Chat Thread Week 4 (06/10/13 - 06/16/13)

Well we are starting week 4 now and some of you are having amazing results.....im getting a little jealous...lol

I am hoping that my being good last week will result in a loss at least by the end of this week. I am adding a new workout routine in this week so I hope that makes a bit of difference too.

There was a groupon for curves and I bought a two month membership to there. I know that its not as good as a regular gym but I havent been using weights at all in the last few months so any strength training is better than none.

Well I hope you all have a great night and I will try to come back on more often this week.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #2  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Looks like another couple pounds are ready to give up the fight for their place on my hips, lol. Hope I can hold onto this loss and maybe add another pound by next Sunday.

Congrats to all our winner/losers - so glad we're winning this losing battle together

Go Blue!!!

Last edited by Doragone; 06-10-2013 at 01:39 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:13 AM   #3  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Height: 5'4"

bigmid im doing curves, for my level of fitness it is great. My heart rate really gets up there. I do believe it is a stepping stone program to a regular gym though. Ditto on being a tad jealous of some rather large losses too for a loss for you this week
dora you are doing an amazing job, im so pleased for you

My journey is going agonisingly slow, it's really getting to me i am exercising more than i have in years, am following jenny craig and am stumped this is the point where i would normally give up, but NOT this time. My son graduates from University in August and i am determined to wear something i actually like and feel great in!!! I have already purchased the dress, just need the boots (also need slimmer claves lol).

Heres to a woosh fairy for us all

Last edited by Tkkoz; 06-10-2013 at 04:13 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Blue Team:

Total Lost: 14.2 lbs (-0.37%)

Blue Team Biggest Loser: livelaughlovesunshin (-4.8 lbs, -1.66%)

Honorable Mentions:

Doragone (-3.0 lbs, -1.42%)
jessicado22 (-3.0 lbs, -1.41%)
Kayin (-2.6 lbs, -1.31%)

Congratulations to all the week 3 losers !

I've been having a real struggle lately since the move. Mentally and physically I'm way off.

Hopefully week 4 will be a much better one !

Here's to a great week 4 for everyone !

Last edited by LeslieB; 06-10-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

Congrats to our winners this week.

Today, i did my first gym workout. I got the one month membership. I got a really good work out in. However, i dont know if i did too much or too little. Guess i'll find out tomorrow. It felt so good that i wanted to keep going but tried holding back since first time.

Hopefully, i will start to show some losses soon.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/205/115

Height: 5'3"

Going camping tomorrow so will be away till Thursday, but back in time for weigh in on Sunday.

I'll probably eat a little more than usual, but I'll be hiking 3-5 hours a day and hopefully swimming if the weather is good so burning lots of calories.

Good luck for week 4 everyone!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #7  

Hi all,

I'm good sore after my first trip to the gym. I went again today and did a lot of cardio. I think i walked about 3 miles. I'm making a committment of going 4 times a week. Got to get my money worth. Plus, i hope it starts moving my numbers more.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Kayin - have a great time camping.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #8  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Yeah Blue Team ! Congrats to all that lost this week ! A big congrats to livelaughlovesunshin (-4.8 lbs, -1.66%)for being our BL .
Old 06-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #9  

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR BIGGEST LOSERS THIS WEEK....WTG!!!

Blue Team Biggest Loser: livelaughlovesunshin (-4.8 lbs, -1.66%)

Honorable Mentions:

Doragone (-3.0 lbs, -1.42%)
jessicado22 (-3.0 lbs, -1.41%)
Kayin (-2.6 lbs, -1.31

Dora another couple pounds.....your on fire this challenge. Great job

Tkkoz it's good to know someone else is doing curves too. I went for my assessment yesterday and then stayed and did a workout. Was not impressed with my body fat score though. Thought I wasn't to bad but I'm at the level of 1 down from the worst.....I'm only 12lds to goal. Not so encouraging. We had a brand new person doing everything though so on Thursday may get them to retake that part.
I'm sure if your exercising more and eating right the weight will come off soon.....good for you on staying the course and not giving up.

Hiddenstar awesome job on the gym....it's hard to know how hard to push at first but a little slower the first week to get the feel is the way to go...listen to your body...sore okay...pain not okay

Leslie it's tough moving and going through such a transition over the last year. Give yourself some time to fall back into a more normal routine. You've accomplished so much....just focus on how great you've done.

Kayin have fun camping....sounds like you've got some great workouts planned...for sure they should outdo the eating

Dumplin hello

And hi to the rest of the blue team as well.

Well time to finish getting ready for work and get my butt there and be productive.

Have a great day everyone
Old 06-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Hiya ladies...

My stupid freaking scale is not responding to my diet/exercise plan this week and I am pretty annoyed, lol. Each day it is a pound lost, then then the next day a pound gained. I need to get past 210!! Such a huge mental block for me already, I don't need a a plateau now too, egad!

Deep breath...stick with it Jessica. Eventually that crappy scale will move down! I need to remind myself that I have been losing pretty fast, so it is no big surprise I've hit a weight loss bump. Just wish it could be at a different weight, ha ha.

Moving on, Yay Bue team!!!

Congrats Doragone! WTG

Tkkoz -- it will catch up! We just have to stick with it. And yay for a goal dress, and boots! I cannot wait for the day when I can fit into normal boots instead of having to buy plus size calve ones...

LeslieB -- Hope this week will go better for you. You've had your plate pretty full lately, so I'm sure with things settling down you'll show some loss!

hiddenstar -- Yay for the gym! I can't wait to get back to mine (no point rejoining now with the baby attached to me constantly ) So enjoy your membership for me too, lol.

kayin -- have fun camping!!!
Old 06-13-2013, 08:02 AM   #11  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Height: 5'4"

leslie it is totally understandable for things to be a tad haywire with everything you've had to deal with. You are still here and still battling on, which is great
hiddenstar you will certainly feel the difference between a just right workout or too much, unfortunately we all overdo it at some stage and suffer for a few days
kayin i hope you had a great camping trip, im sure the hiking will balance out any extra eating you do
bigmid curves is working for me, fingers crossed it helps you too. The resistence will help build muscle so this will help with the body fat %. No harm in getting them to check again. Good luck
jessica very frustrating when you stall isn't it? You have been doing so well (a tad jealous here ) that im sure you WILL get past the dreaded 210

Had my first weigh and measure at curves Wednesday night, weight wasn't down very much...but my size was! I was astounded, 1cm from my arms, 3 from my waist, 2 from my hips and 1 from my thighs. Also down 0.4% body fat. All this in 3 weeks of working out with them. Im not so worried about my weight going down so slowly now
Old 06-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 226/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10

hey all just a quick check in!

sorry about me gain last week :/ I really think its my scale its been acting funny lately.. but i do not get paid until 2 weeks from now so I will not be able to buy a new one.. so hopefully it stops being mean and starts working so I can hopefully see the right weight next time (meaning down in numbers)

however, havent been eating the best but i am constantly moving so hopefully that makes up for it
Old 06-14-2013, 06:03 AM   #13  

Just coming off a depression day. It had its bad and good.

The bad - my scale shows that i'm up 2 pounds. My sons bday was yesterday and he wanted chinese. I think that i did good with calories but the sodium was crazy high. I know that it shouldn't bother me that it is temporary water retention plus, i might be storing water do to new exercise routine also. But so hate being stuck then going up.

The good- i cheated and ate only 2 cookies. This is a NSV cuz it normally would be the entire box. I'm trying to stay positive and hope scale shows better on sunday.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Tkkoz -- congrats on those inches! I try to measure myself, but I can't seem to get the same results. I think I'll remember exactly how tight I measure with the measuring tape, but then it'll be way different the next time. I need professionals, ha ha. And muscle does weigh more than fat, so you are totally showing it doesn't matter if the scale is going down or not!

ajlee33 -- I hate getting a new scale! Usually because every new one I've gotten has shown a higher weight than the one before (one was 8 pounds, agh!). But hopefully your new one will fix weigh in issues and you'll be surprised when you get on! (And if not, well then it is the new scale's fault and it is off, lol)

hiddenstar -- So sorry about the gain, but you're probably right in the water retention. That always happens to me when I eat sodium laden foods. I just noticed at the weigh in thread that you've stayed the same since we started, that must be so horrible. Makes me feel crappy for complaining about a 1 week plateau.... I'm sure you'll notice differences soon though with your new gym membership, and way to go on the NSV! I'm sure the scale would be way up if you'd ate the whole box

As for me, finally a good day -- the scale was down 2 pounds today! I ran my rear off last night, and I wanted to slow down so bad (or just quit, ha ha), but I kept thinking about the scale staying the same, and pushed myself and it obviously payed off today. Just hope it stays that way tomorrow!
Old 06-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #15  

Hi everyone hope your all doing great this morning. It's nice out right now and I'm off work so all is good.

I'm going to workout at noon and then not sure have a few plans for tonight just need to pick the best one now.

I've been very good eating wise and feel like I've lost but I've been fighting every morning to not step on the scale until tomorrow. So well see.

Just a quick post so congrats to those all of you with losses.....scale and inches. That's awesome. Off to do laundry now.

Have a great day blue team.