Old 05-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #1  

Default Blue Team Spring Into Action Chat Thread Week 1 (05/20/13 - 05/26/13)

Hello Blue Team

I hope you are all ready for the new challenge. I'm going to encourage all of you to use this chat thread as a place to learn and talk about victories and challenges you face during the next 13 weeks.

I'm glad to have many returning blue team members and look forward to getting to know all of the new members on here too. If everyone who wants to gives a brief description to help us get to know you better that would be great.

My name is Jacky and I have been doing these challenges for awhile now. First I did them as a team member.....three I believe and lost 10-15lbs on each of them. Then I became blue team leader and for some reason I don't lose now but I enjoy it. For the last 2 challenges Leslie has come on as co leader and it has been great sharing the work. So thank you Leslie for continuing to be blue team leader with me.

I'm 46 and have been overweight most of my life. i was always the fat kid in school. looking back at pictures now im like....wow wish i looked like that now. Im single but my mother lives with me and her health is not good so i take care of her, work and try to fit in daily exercise as well. I was down to pretty much goal at 158.8 in March, then I went on holidays and gained 8lbs and started a medication that you gain on and now I'm up 12lbs. So my hope is to get back to goal during this challenge and fit back into the bathing suits and shorts that I went on holidays with.

During my first three challenges I used the nutrition thread then got a smart phone and tracked there and didn't want to track twice. I'm now going to encourage all of you to try this for a couple weeks to see if it helps you stay accountable. I am going to track on here again too so we will see what happens.

Well I hope this is a great challenge for everyone and that you enjoy every moment of the journey you are on.

LET'S ROCK THIS BLUE TEAM

Last edited by Bigmid; 05-19-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Hiya ladies (and guys if there any

My name is Jessica, and I'm 32. I've been heavy for half my life now. After the birth of my first daughter, I got up to over 300 pounds (size 24). About 4 years ago, got my rear in gear and lost over 100 pounds. I slimmed down to 210 (which I know is still alot, but I was happy and comfortable and felt good at a size 12).

Then I started gaining back. And back. And back. Finally last year I realized I was back up to 270. I started back up on here, and lost about 30 pounds before I found out I was pregnant again (surprise!). I was overjoyed at the pregnancy, but bummed that I couldn't really work on losing weight. I vowed to keep exercising and making healthy choices eating, which went great until I started bleeding after running a few months in. No more exercise for me. Still, overall I only gained 25 pounds, and after the birth was all said and done, I was only 10 pounds heavier than my start weight. I waited a week and then went to go back to my normal exercise routine, and then had a prolapse...so back to a few more months of no exercise allowed. I was depressed, ate whatever I wanted and gained another 10, bringing me back up to 250.

FINALLY a few months ago, I was given the clear to resume life as normal. I started running again, and am now up to 20-30 minutes a day. I am a work at home mom with a 6 yr old and a 6 month old and currently fitting my workout in is pretty difficult. I would love to workout longer, but the baby is extremely clingy, and I work around her.

With that being said, I should add that my posts will probably not be very long. I get on here and read everyday, but it is usually when I am nursing, and trying to type out detailed responses with one hand is a huge pain in the ars, lol. I would love to be the type of team member who is able to write responses to everyone else's posts, but I have come to accept that I am going to be probably what is considered a lurker, lol. I will read, and to try occasionally post...but time spent on the computer should probably be spent doing more productive things like exercising, working, cooking, etc. (In fact, right now I *should* be running as I just put her down, lol)

I use myfitnesspal on my ipod, so I probably won't be posting on here. But I will check in with weight, and mini goals, and participate as much as I can! I did a BL challenge a few years ago and loved it. It is harder to cheat knowing you have a whole team depending on you I am really hoping that by the end of this challenge I can be 185. I have never set a goal in my life beyond Onederland. But lately I have been trying to change my mindset, and I am going to give this a real go. I've always been comfortable being about a size 12 (I feel healthy and can run for miles, my husband likes me and I have a nice curvy body shape), but I am going to give it a go and see what thinner feels like. Who knows, maybe I'll like that too!

Excited to be on the blue team, and meet everyone. LET'S DO THIS!!!!

Last edited by jessicado22; 05-19-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: tickers

Height: 5'9

hey all.
I'm CiCi
30 years old.. and ready to get fit.

At my heaviest.. which was just about January of '12.- i was 292...around a size 18. I got myself a trainer and a couple of months later... I was down to 240 yay a size 14.. However-- I got lazy.. stopped going to the gym.. and by the time February 2013 rolled around- and I finally decided to get on the scale, that I was hiding from I found out that I was 276. DOH!

something had to be done. I started watching my calories. I wrote down everything that entered my mouth in both a notebook.. and on MYfitnesspal app on my phone. I started working out 2 hours a day. Cut all liquids out my diet besides water...and today a little more than 3 months later- I weighed in at 233. I haven't been in the 230s since I was a freshman in college.
I'm super motivated to drop this excess weight. I think 160 would be a great final goal for me.. being my height and build. I'm determined to get there. and hope to make some serious progress with you guys in this challenge.

now lets do this !!!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #4  

Well slow on here so far I had a pretty good day and a very nice walk. It was cloudy most of the morning but still nice out so sat for a couple hours drinking coffee and just relaxing. Then this afternoon I met a friend and we went for a walk. She has a book the best hikes and paths in Calgary. So we pick a random page and then walk there. She picked Saturdays walk and this morning I said look at pg 68 and we'll do that. It was in one of the nicer areas of town and very pretty to walk through.

I've had the last four days off work and don't really fell ready to go back to work tomorrow....if only they would still pay me to not go in...lol

Well it's be slow in here so far I hope the rest of the blue team come and join us soon. Remember you do have to post on the chat thread at least once a week in order to have BL status.

Jessica - welcome back to the challenges and don't worry about the long posts. I'm not that great either. I did better as a member then the leader but work was also different then and I had time to check in from there. I'm glad to hear you've got your health and can exercise again. Eating is a big part but the exercise sure does help with the toning end of things....not to mention good for the heart and lungs as well. You'll do great and get to Onederland no problem.

Hi CiCi - welcome to the challenge I hope you find this both fun and a good place to get encouragement and to give it. You sound like you already have a good start on things. I wish I could get a trainer. I need to start more on weights my cardio is spot on now. Seems I get in the mindset though that cardio is the best when I actually know that you need strength training to be more toned and to have better muscle to help with everything. Ahhhh the mind what it know to be true and what we think

I'm a little jealous of you two as I'm 170 and still anywhere from a size 10-14 depending where I shop. Even when I was at goal in March at 159 I was still a 10-14. I wish they would size everything the same so I could say I'm a size??? No such luck though.

Just remember everyone to do this safely and a way that you can maintain for life. It's not a diet it's a lifestyle change.

Well hope you all had a great OP day and have a good night.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/205/115

Height: 5'3"

Hi I'm kayin!

I'm a 32 year old female living in Vancouver, Canada

My favourite thing to do is walk. I walk 15 to 20 hours a week and that is my main exercise. It's the only exercise that I really love. I live downtown and our downtown is boundaried by about 20k of seawalls so I walk there every day.

I just made it to Onederland today, 199! I am so happy!

I'm looking forward to this challenge very much and look forward to meeting you all!

Good luck everyone!
Old 05-21-2013, 03:59 AM   #6  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi, I'm Dora from Oregon (doragone). I'm 62 years old, but don't feel a day over 40. Been overweight most of my adult life, but seriously obese the last 20 or so. I made a commitment / New Year's resolution that I would lose 5 lbs a month. My diet is basically real food, the way it comes without much prep, but not all vegan - I love chicken and do eat other meat in small amounts. I was doing Leslie Sansone WATP 5 mile challenge, but when the slightest hint of Spring is in the air - I start working in the yard Now this isn't any piddling around, I turn the soil (black mud) one shovelful at a time, remove weeds, make raised beds, weed and plant and boy. . . do I sweat!!!

All of my efforts have been paying off - since Jan.1 this year I have lost 47 lbs. with my whole year's "goal" of 60 lbs. almost met! I am thrilled. I thought I was too old to lose, but it really is possible. I'm even thinking I might reach Onederland during this challenge - a weight I haven't been . . . forever!!!

Another thing that really helped me stay motivated is to take pictures. Before and during pictures of my body - front, side and back. Otherwise, I start thinking I'm doing pretty good and can slack off. This way, I can see progress, but can also see where I still need work. When I'm at Onderland, I'll share - even then, it will be a bit embarrassing as all I wear is a bra and underwear, but hey . . . if it helps someone else AND keeps me accountable, it's worth it.

I too (normally) don't write much, and I used to try to keep up with everyone's comments, but from past experience found it is just too much. Even though I'm a retired RN, we have a lot to do around here - chickens, a daughter in Special Olympics, and all the family dynamics that come with being a mother of 4 boys (one who passed Dec. 24, 2009 and is honored with other family members at this memorial on our property).

I'm excited to be on the Blue Team again and will do my best to help the team win. Thanks for reading this far, lol - I promise my posts will be much shorter in the future
Old 05-21-2013, 05:28 AM   #7  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Height: 5'4"

Hi, i'm Tania and im 42y/o from Melbourne, Australia. I have a 22y/o son who will be finishing uni in July Ive been a single mum from early in my pregnency and have left me to last (as mothers do), consequently i gained a mountain of weight. I was 127 pounds before having da boy and my heaviest weight was 258.

It has taken me a long time to think about my health, but i am there now. I had 2 main struggles: 1. Living on one meal a day and 2. A seriously bad mindset. Joining Jenny Craig has helped with number one and ive no idea what my epiphany was, but my mindset is great for the first time in over 20 years! Ive also joined Curves to try and get some level of fitness back. Then i would love to start swimming laps and running again (not comfortable enough to wear bathers yet).

I didnt join the previos challenge or two, so am very much looking forward to this one. Thanks Jacky and Leslie for leading this for us

On a side note: My thoughts, prayers and best wishes go out to all affected by the cyclone in Oklahoma, such a terrible thing. I was absolutely shocked by what i saw on the news this evening
Old 05-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #8  

Hiya ladies!

Bigmid -- Size 14 at 159?!!? That is crazy...it must be the companies! I really wish there was a universal required measurements for sizes too. Would make things so much easier!

Kayin -- ONEDERLAND!!!! Congrats!! So exciting.

Doragone -- I live in Eugene! I actually lived in Roseburg for about 5 years too (I grew up in Glendale). What a small world Congrats on your 47 pounds, that is awesome! Looks like you will probably reach close to your year goal at only 1/2 year! Sorry to hear about your son... But it does sound as though you have a large lovely family to keep you occupied and focused on the future. The memorial is lovely, and your photos of him on Facebook are great. He appears so vibrant, and what a great smile!

Tkkoz -- I hadn't even seen the news yet...I just went and looked online. So horrible. Pray they are able to find more survivors!

As for me, scale is down 1 1/2 pounds today. It has been stuck for a bit now, and even though I've been OP and exercising faithfully, it hasn't budged. I was ready to hurl it out the window today, and I think it sensed that and decided to appease me before it met it's doom. Smart scale, yay!

Last edited by jessicado22; 05-21-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #9  
Believing is Seeing

Well, hi Jessica in Eugene! It IS a small world. To top it off, my daughter's name is Jessica - though we call her Jessie. Congrats on the scale finally moving - what an intuitive scale it is

I'm with Jacky (Bigmid) that I could never be a size 12 at 210. I'm 212 and still a 20!!! Sigh. Someday I'll be a 12 . . . at 100 lbs, lol Either way, I feel so much better and like Tania, I don't know what the epiphany was - but my mindset is, well, set and ready to keep keepin' on.

Go Blue
Old 05-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #10  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Hi , I am Tammy . I am 51 years old . I am been overweight most all my life always weighing around 200 and was actually not to unsatisfied with that . It was the age of like 45 I went up like a hundred lbs. I really don't even remember how it all happen. I just know it happened quick ! I was dealing with losing both my parents and my only sibling . Now 4 years later . I have lost some weight but it has really been slow . That is ok . I have been exercising every since I began so I can stay more toned and I am happy with that . The main thing was my health !

I just got a new job second shift ljob last week . Getting lots of exercise there but still trying to get my sleep pattern and workout time on plan . I life on a farm we raise cattle and he does construction work . I love to garden and do canning in the summer . I have one daughter living on Long Island , New York . She will be coming home Memorial Day weekend to visit ! I am excited . Having a cook out . She is has lost 50 lbs . We are both planning to eat healthy during our time together . Which is not the normal LOL ! I hope to get to onderland with Dora during this challenge ! Congrats to Kayin on getting to onderland ! I have been wanting that for a long time. I believe this new job will actually help me lose . I do not eat when I come home . I just go on to bed . I look forward to reading everyone's post and good luck to you all !
Old 05-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #11  
Believing is Seeing

Tammy - lots of parallels in our lives, loss of loved ones, living on a farm (your cattle my chickens), husbands in construction, canning and for 20+ years I worked graveyard as an RN. So glad you're doing well OP, Onederland is definitely in our near future "together"

Last edited by Doragone; 05-21-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #12  

That is so weird Dora! I am heavier than you by almost 10 pounds, but I'm a size 16/18. And you're taller than me...it has to be clothing companies or something!

Hiya Dumplin, fun that so many of us are going for Onederland kinda close together! And how neat that your daughter is going to eat healthy with you. I dread family get gatherings because of the "bad" food...so that is wonderful you have support!

I know I said I wouldn't post much, but the baby must be going through a growth spurt as she has been sleeping all day, and it is raining outside, so I get to play on the computer much more than normal!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:49 AM   #13  

Hi everyone just a quick hello. Was busy at work today then home, supper, dishes, lovely walk before the bad weather arrives tomorrow then snack......way to much now bed.

Watched a news report on the Oklahoma tornado and wow is all I can say. My heart goes out to allow them.

Nice to see you chatting I've read the posts and will try to comment in the next day or two. It will be another busy one tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #14  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Hi Blue Team!

My name is Beth, and I have done several challenges before. I am a stay at home mom to 3 kids - Kaitlyn is 2 and twins Joel and Alyssa are 10 months. So I'm pretty busy with keeping them fed and cleaned up. I still have so much weight from my pregnancies and really don't have time to take care of myself.

It's nice to meet all of you and look forward to seeing you around!

Last edited by bethbeth; 05-22-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:24 AM   #15  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Height: 5'4"

jessica congrats on the weight loss
dora it is so good being in a good head space. Best of luck reaching onederland
tammy best of luck reaching onederland. Enjoy your daughters visit
beth wow im sure the kids keep you active. Best of luck in the challenge

My first weigh in was today, im down 1.1 i should be pleased but am disappointed as i was so on plan.
My 11y/o dog is having a couple of lumps removed on Friday, im sure she will be fine, but cant help but worry about what is causing the lumps and about the general anesthetic.
Have a great night all