3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   Red Team Frozen Fiesta 2013 Chat Thread Week 13 (April 1/13 - April 7/13) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/278817-red-team-frozen-fiesta-2013-chat-thread-week-13-april-1-13-april-7-13-a.html)

CanadaMel 04-01-2013 12:13 AM

Red Team Frozen Fiesta 2013 Chat Thread Week 13 (April 1/13 - April 7/13)

Here are the week 12 results:

LeslieB (blue team co-leader) posts the 2013 Frozen Fiesta official weekly results here.

As a team we gained 0.5 lbs or 0.02%

But not everyone had gains:

Our Biggest Loser:
:woohoo: AyeAye55 (-3.4 lbs, 1.77%) :woohoo:

Honourable Mentions: :flow1: Changergirl (-1.4 lbs, 0.77%) :flow1:
:high: Nikel1979 (-1.0 lbs, 0.44%) :high:

:dancer: Rainbowsmiles (-1.0 lbs, 0.36%) :dancer:

Here we are- the FINAL week.

then we'll have a mixed chat thread for most of April as we get ready for the next challenge- details will be posted soon.

I'm on vacation starting Wednesday- so I may be around even less and final results may be delayed as I'll be 4 hours behind from what I currently am.

SO let's make the most of this week ladies and sprint towards the finish line!

Nikel1979 04-01-2013 07:49 AM

Final week? Didn't we just start?!?!

I'm not sure I'm ready for April. I've got several races this month. Plus I'm starting a new running plan - I'm dropping my miles back, switching to 4 days per week instead of 3, dropping my walk intervals, and slowly building my miles back up so I'll be ready when I start marathon training this summer. I'm also adding in strength training and cutting out caffeine. Oh, and it's the last 4 weeks of the semester. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Riddy 04-01-2013 10:39 AM

Great job, AyeAye! And nice work Chagergirl, Nikel, and Rainbow!

Nikel, your workout routine alone exhausts me! :dizzy: I'm still at the try to do something, anything every day stage. And there's a 15k I want to run in July. I missed out on registration this year, but maybe next year. I got to run outside again today, but was slower than yesterday. Oh well, still not bad for barely running all winter.

Happy last week, chicks!

Nikel1979 04-01-2013 05:24 PM

LOL Riddy. It exhausts me too. My upcoming race schedule is daunting too.
April 6 - 5k
April 7 - half marathon
April 13 - 5k
April 26 - 5k
April 27 - 5k
May 3 - 5k (nighttime glow run w/ my daughter :carrot:)
May 12 - half marathon

It's becoming a problem. I'm all "Oooh, that race looks fun" and I just register. :dizzy:

Don't worry about being slow. I'm ridiculously slow. Last race there were 5 people that finished after me. That's it.

Elizabeth779 04-01-2013 05:31 PM

hey congrats to our biggest losers this week.....

:carrot::carrot: AyeAye55 Changergirl, Nikel and Rainbowsmiles:carrot::carrot:

I was one of the biggest gainers, but scale is back to normal again.

Well, Mel is right, let's sprint to the finish line......

I'm just exhausted though but want to just sleep....but I'll pull it together somehow.

Red Team Hug....

CanadaMel 04-01-2013 10:34 PM

Here;s to Monday being done.
A long day at work. But
Got a dog walk in right when I got home.
I'd like to collapse, but I'm mucking with my iPhoto library which has been giving us nothing but grief. I'm ready to go back to a PC!

Is it vacation time yet?? Less than 36h, but who's counting? ME.

Elizabeth- sleep is very important- so make sure you're getting enough. Drink your water too!

Nickel- that's an impressive run schedule- especially the back-to-back 5K's. You GO girl!

I'm drafting info about the next challenge which will start in mid-May (I think) so stay tuned ;) We'll run mixed chat threads until the next challenge

Nikel1979 04-02-2013 07:14 AM

The back to back 5ks are really more crazy than anything. The first is Friday night at 10 PM, and the second is the next morning at 8 AM. :tired:

CanadaMel 04-02-2013 07:48 AM

Next thing you know you'll be signing up for thr Disney goofy- half marathon n Saturday & full Marathon on Sunday!

Nikel1979 04-02-2013 09:34 AM

The Goofy is so last year. ;) They're now adding a race and and the Dopey Challenge. It's a 5k on Thurs, 10k on Fri, half on Sat and full on Sun. It's on my maybe list for Jan 2015.

rainbowsmiles 04-02-2013 10:54 AM

way to go everyone :) those who are struggling...hang in there...it is a lifetime journey and tomorrow is a new day :)

Riddy 04-02-2013 06:58 PM

Dang, Nikel, 2 5k's in less than 12 hours - THAT's dedication! (Or obsession). ;) I'm still looking for my first spring race to sign up for - they should be getting more frequent in the next month or so.

Mel, I hear you on the vacation-itis. I'm going to sunny and warm this weekend, and I can't wait either. :cool:

Since I'm skipping next week, the trainer decided to try and give me 2 week's worth of workout today. He said I might not be able to walk tomorrow, and will be cursing him. :devil: Oh boy - I'm already taking arnica. :p I'm thinking a preemptive epsom salt bath is on the agenda tonight, too.

Let's finish strong, chicks!

CanadaMel 04-03-2013 08:08 PM

Hi team- sitting in San Francisco waiting for our next flight to take us to the big island. Have had a day of travel/airports and not exactly on plan food. But drinking loads of water. May be scarce the next few days.
I'm feeling naked as I left my pedometer at home. I still plan on getting a lot of snorkelling in each day.

Nickel- no thanks on the dopey. Too crazy for me. I'll be runnin my 10k the day after returning from vacation. I'll be running of jet lag fumes.

When we complete this challenge we will run a mixed chat thread until the next challenge begins in mid May. Be sure to spread the word & keep an eye on the main information boards.
Any questions pm me or he blue team leaders. Thanks!

Elizabeth779 04-04-2013 04:25 AM

Hi everyone -- my scale moved 1/2 pound today which was a nice moment (complete with yelled yayyyyyy).

I'm glad Mel is practicing the hula now.....that's exercise! I hope she has a great time.

Well....see ya all soon...Red Team Hug :hug:

EofAZ 04-04-2013 08:34 PM

Well it is the last evening with all my Easter guests. Three of my step sons and 4 grandchildren came from Ny state then another daughter with 2 grandchildren came from AZ. It has been busy and fun catching up with everyone. One granddaughter is working on a photography scholarship so we have been on lots of photo shoots. She got one really pretty shot of apple blossoms with the blue sky as a background and the sun filteringg through the branches. Lots of pretty pictures but that was my favorite. Food has been pretty good but struggle to keep my log up. Just haven't had the time, up until midnight each night and up around 5am just wanting to squeeze as much time in as we can. This evening everyone seems to be running down. The teens are Erin the spare room. The adult in the living room, the little ones out playing in the back yard and the baby is. Sleeping. Life is good.

MamaP 04-05-2013 10:31 AM

I can't believe it's already almost time for the last weigh-in. I have to say I am really disappointed with where I'm gonna end up. I was really expecting at least a 20 lb loss during the challenge . . . I guess I should be happy with any kind of loss, but . . . . it's still frustrating. The next challenge will be better.