Old 05-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team 2012 Spring Into Summer CHAT Thread Week 5 (05/28-06/03)

Here are the initial results- leslieb (Blue Team Leader) will post the official results here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...y-results.html

As a team we lost 4.6 lbs or 0.12%!!

Biggest Loser: FOR THE THIRD WEEK IN A ROW?!?!?!?
Selway (-6 lbs, 3.06%)

Honourable Mentions: wuv2bloved (-1 lbs, -0.43%)

Riddy (-0.8 lbs, 0.41%)

montecristo (-0.2 lbs, 0.09%)

No eliminations this week! Hooray!!

Selway- refresh my memory as to what you are doing eating/exercise wise- I want your kind of results!! Keep up the GREAT work!!

Elizabeth- when I started my journey. I focused on walking and still do. I try to walk as much as possible & always wear my pedometer to keep me accountable. Aquasize/aqua-aerobics is a great way to get a low impact workout. Also resistance exercises using a band can be challenging & help build muscles.

Dumplin- Go Project Dumplin!! You CAN do it

Bette- Had to laugh about the weeds as I looked in our backyard this evening & it appears the dandelions decided to bloom once the sun came out. I swear they weren't there yesterday.

Shay-congrats on the 5k last week!

I hope everyone enjoys their Holiday Monday!
Old 05-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Damn, selway! You are kicking A**!!

I haven't been in my weed patch since the beginning of the month. I think I'm going to have to weed-whack it before I finish laying down the newspapers.

Elizabeth, I did yoga and pilates sporadically at my highest weight. My mom has one of those pilates machines from QVC - I like it a lot better than doing pilates on my own. The machine keeps you in the proper position. Now I'm really liking yoga - I've done it 5-6 days a week this month. I tried kettlebells in February - was doing it a couple times a week til mid-April, then the weather got nice and I started walking outside instead. I haven't done them in a couple weeks now. They definitely work your core, arms, shoulders, thighs, and butt. I'm currently on a yoga/walking kick, with a sprinkle of pilates. I'm still trying to make excercise a habit, so my goal is just to do ANYTHING each day.

Back on the stick for me starting now! I cheated a little yesterday - baked beans from scratch and 2 beers, and today - more baked beans, a gin & diet tonic, dab of tuna noodle salad, sliver of cake, scoop of light ice cream. Think I'll do some more yoga before bed.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Sorry I forgot to weigh in. But my weight stayed the same anyway. Hate that I have to use a freebie. Was so busy all weekend and kept thinking got to put my weight in but then kept forgetting.

Selway- I don't know what your doing but you need to share your secrets Congrats on the phenomenal weight loss!!

Have a wonderful Memorial Day!!
Old 05-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/190/145

Height: 5'5

Selway, congrats again! I agree with Maryshady, please share the secret to your success
Old 05-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #5  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, I hope you had a nice weekend and holiday. No secret to my weight loss - Metabolic Research Center and exercise. The diet plan is low calorie, high protein (lean), lowish carb, lowish sugar and I drink tons of water. It is an expensive program, but works for me. There is another whole forum category just for MRC - but I can answer any questions too. Oh - and I don't work for Metabolic Research Center or have any other motive for singing their praises.

Riddy - I have been thinking about Pilates, thanks for the information on the machine.

Mel - Awesome job on the 10K!!!!

Everyone have a great week!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

YAYYYYYYYYY RED Team -- YAYYYY Selway -- wow 6 pounds...you rock!

Congrats also to Riddy, Wuv2bloved and MonteCristo also for your losses.

Busy night tonight, was very crazy of course and I'm exhausted. Gotta go sleep. Food was good today but didn't exercise unless snoring counts as exercise. Just got up at last second this afternoon and went to work. Yawwwwnnn....nite all.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #7  

Selway- thanks for sharing again! I think we're all amazed (and envious) ouf your serious weight loss. Keep up the awesome work & keep us inspired!

Elizabeth- remember that your sleep is important too.

I'm focusing on water again. When the weather is cooler- as it still is here (at least in my mind), I tend to let my water intake slide.

I hope everyone has 'recovered' nicely from your holiday weekend and are looking forward to the short work week

Have a great Tuesday!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:22 AM   #8  

Selway-thanks for sharing! Keep up the hard work!!

Mel-I make sure to drink 20 oz with each meal so I know I get in at least 60 a day.

Well TOM started yesterday ugh! Will not be getting on the scale till Friday. Did horribly Sunday, ok yesterday so need a couple of good days under my belt before I am brave enough! lol!!

Have a great Wednesday
Old 05-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 279/260/175

Height: 5'9

Congratulations Selway, you're doing amazing. I missed weigh in this week because I was out of town, and I was really busy, my weight was probably up anyway due to TOM didn't even look at the scale, so hope to do well this week.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #10  

Quiet bunch this week...
Hard to believe it's already Wednesday.
Kids have another day off school on Friday (they just had a 4 day weekend May 18-21). I think they have more 4 day weeks throughout the year- makes my day home provider happy (and rich)!
Currently trying to do web stuff for work- how to configure a hosted pay page & it's driving me batty.
Hope you are all having a great Wednesday.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #11  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Not sure if I'll be back to chat the rest of the week - working late tomorrow, then going out of town for the weekend on Friday. I'll weigh in before I leave, though. Good luck to everyone with the rest of your week!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

Busy week here, too! Last week of school before finals for my teens.
Have I complained about my TOM yet? Came back in 17 days?! I guess that would explain why I'm hungry all the time. Arghh. I don't think this week or month will be a good one on the scale. I hope to get back on track tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:04 AM   #13  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone -- I've been MIA too....work has been crazy....sleeping more because so tired......don't have any news......just trying to hang in there and get more rest.....

mel -- I understand about the water -- I have been trying to drink more water too...

Oh, I am taking next week off.....it had to be next week or wait until november for some time off so decided to take next week to regroup....

hang in there everyone!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:11 AM   #14  

Everyone is so busy this week! Think it is just this time of year. The weather is so nice so everyone wants to be outside doing things! Love it!!

I have been super busy getting ready for my son's grad party on Saturday. Expecting well over 100 people. Will be cooking and cleaning all day tomorrow! Was brave enough to step on the scale this morning and was only up 1 lb which is really good for TOM sure it will be back down for Sunday.

Have a great Thursday!!
Old 05-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I got an honorable mention! Congrats to all the other losers!!

Dad, my sisters and I have decided to go to Italy around xmas this year, which is really kicking my motivation into high gear! I don't want to be fat in Italy! I should hit goal right around the beginning of December, so the timing is perfect! Last time I hit goal I went to Scotland and it was amazing! Italy will be so awesome! (can you tell I'm excited?)

Last edited by MonteCristo; 05-31-2012 at 10:39 PM.