Old 05-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 186/178/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

I'm Manda, 28 in a few days, married 3.5 years with a 2yo noise with some dirt on it. I did not have problems with weight, but I did have a terrible body image and "saw" myself as way heavier than I was. When I did gain 50 lbs over 2 years after high school, I didn't really think I looked any different because I'd thought all along that I looked like that. I've been struggling ever since to get back. Best I've been at since then is 160, which is where I was when I got pregnant with my son.

I've slowly changed to an ultra-healthy lifestyle full of organic veggies and cutting out sodium and other baddies. I am in much better shape, and have lost a couple inches at a time, but the overall weight stays within 10 lbs. Thought it was my thyroid, confirmed a low thyroid and have started managing that, yet the weight stays. I heard about too much of a caloric deficit being a reason the body holds on to weight, and had a consultation with a personal trainer who assessed my diet and exercise histories and said I'm hardly the first person he's suggested to increase their caloric intake so the body will lose weight properly. He says it might take a few weeks for that balance to work but that I should stay at about the same weight. So I don't expect losses these first couple weeks, but I'm hoping that soon I'll see some results.

I'm trying just increasing healthy foods so that I'm not packing on more than necessary, and I'm doing pilates to strengthen my core and keeping active. I'm a bit low intensity right now, especially since I'm still healing from a sprained ankle, but I plan on trying out the pilates-kickboxing combo group sessions at the place I had my consultation. I was doing kickboxing before and had a lot of fun! I'd really like to alternate both, if I can!
Old 05-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 163.2/143.6/120

Height: 5'3"

qtapostolic, ak812, retiredone, and LeslieB- Well, I weighed in today and lost a total of 2 pounds. TOM started today so I'm glad I got the weigh in. I decided to choose Friday because some Saturday's I have lunch or dinner with my mother at a restaurant. Therefore, I'm choosing to have a weigh in after an entire week of eating my normal food and exercise. Also, most weekends I won't be exercising at the gym and will be counting them as rest days.
LelieB- Congrats with being able to buy the clothing sizes at the outlet mall. I love to go shopping at the outlet mall when there are sales. You can find some really great deals.

Welcome, tyedyegoddess-It must be nice to hear you need to eat more to lose weight. You'll have to keep us updated on how you're doing with your weight loss and exercise goals.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:43 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

I think I've figured out why I'm unnaturally excited for this weekend. Just realized it's graduation weekend at my alma mater & I think I'm conditioned to feel utter relief at finals being over during the first weekend in May. Cannot believe it's been a whole year since I've graduated.

I didn't get a walk in during lunch because it was pouring rain! I did get a 25 minute cardio workout done this evening & it felt great. It's very lower body intensive though, with lots of squats. My thighs are feeling it! I'm really looking forward to the extra time this weekend to get lots of physical activity in.

qtapostolic - I hope you have a great time at your Mom's wedding tomorrow! How special that you get to officiate as well. Looking forward to hearing about it tomorrow.

LeslieB - Have a great time at the party tomorrow! How awesome to be able to fit into 'regular' size clothes - an exciting accomplishment. I love your ruminations on the scale. It truly is about what you do with the objective information it gives you. YOU can choose to let see that unsatisfactory number and think "Well this obviously isn't working, I'm giving up!" or you can choose to see the same number and say, "Well, I better keep at it to correct this!" or "Maybe I should try something different." I'm having such a hard time teaching myself this & find it difficult to stay motivated if the scale doesn't go down, but I do think I'm getting a bit better.

tyedyegoddess - Hello, and welcome! Glad to have you here. Sounds like you are on a great path with changing to such healthy eating habits. Good luck increasing the calorie intake.

Eliza31 - I have the same philosophy as far as weighing in on Fridays. On the weekends I eat back my exercise calories but I do not do that during the week. Weighing in on Friday mornings after a week of strict eating/regular exercise just sounds the most appealing to me. Hope you have a fantastic weekend!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Good morning Bluesers !

Just a quick drive by to wish everyone a great day.... now I'm off to school.

Happy Saturday !

Inspiration of the day: People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily. - Zig Ziglar
Old 05-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #65  

I completely missed checking in yesterday. Didn't fit in any exercise, just a very crazy Friday. The Leadership Team decided they wanted to take the admins out to lunch for admin's day. They were all traveling last week so this was the first day they were available to "treat" us. I HATE "celebrating" with food. It can so undue my efforts. I was very pleased this time. I was able to order a nice grilled chicken with asparagas and was very satisfied when I finished. I had gone light on breakfast and skipped my snack so there was no damage.

I have a couple of my grandkids here this weekend. My daughter is a nurse works every other weekend so I get lots of bonding time with the kiddos.

I have lots of personals but will need to come back to do them, the dogs are going nuts waching DH mow the back yard and I need to take advantage of his activity to focus on the living room.

BTW I decided to use my Friday weigh-in so if the weekend gets out of hand I don't miss it.

Last edited by EofAZ; 05-05-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #66  

Leslie - Have a great day at school! Love the "inspiration of the day."

EofAZ - Good job sticking making a healthy choice when out for lunch! It's so tough to stay on plan on those occasions. Have a really wonderful weekend with the grandkids - so fun that you get to spend such quality time with them!

Weighed in this morning at 188.8! I will most likely use this as my weigh-in for the week but am so tempted to weigh again tomorrow morning & see if it goes down at all. Probably should just stick with today's # and get that scale hidden again until next weekend!

Not too many plans for the day - have lots of TV shows to catch up on! The bf and I may also take a pretty long walk to a fruit & vegetable stand near our apartment, but that kind of depends on weather. Will also try to get in either a cardio workout or stability ball workout at some point today.

Happy Saturday to all!
Old 05-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 288/252.8/160

Height: 5'7"

tyedyegoddess Welcome! It sounds like you've got a great trainer and hopefully you'll find the right numbers to get you losing again. It's so frustrating when you know you're doing the right things and the scale isn't moving.

Eliza31 Whoohoo on the 2lb loss! Enjoy the weekend...healthily! :-)

EofAZ Great job staying on-plan when eating out...that is SUCH a challenge for me!

ak812 Congrats on the loss!! This challenge is going to be awesome!

I had a nice loss this week, so feel motivated and good. This weekend is mostly going to be getting the house/studio cleaned up as I have a client coming to the studio tomorrow (I'm a photographer and have a studio in my home basement, which works great but I wish it had a separate entrance and bathroom!). Later we're visiting a friend recovering from surgery.

Tomorrow I hope to make it to the beach for the big minus tide! It's SO cool to walk under the ferry dock and see all the sealife! It's not uncommon to get lucky and see octopus even and I LOVE it. I'll be working for the best part of the extreme minus tide though.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #68  

emilyk - Congrats to you too on the loss! It sounds like the Blues have had lots of good losses this week. OMG I made the banana peanut butter shake/smoothie you suggested and it was so freaking delicious!! The bf LOVED it, too. I already have bananas in the freezer to make it again tonight. That minus tide sounds cool! I would love to go check it out ... do you know what time is best to go/where is best to go?

Good luck w/ housework & getting the studio ready.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:26 AM   #69  

ak812 the low tide -3.0 at 11:30 on Sunday, -3.4 at 12:20 on Monday, and -3.3 at 1:00 on Tuesday. There will be another extreme minus tide in June.
I'm not sure where in Seattle you are, but someplace with a dock to walk under is best. I go to the Edmonds Ferry terminal beach. You can walk out under the ferry dock and there is SO MUCH sealife under there to see. It's really really cool. The starfish/sunfish, sea cucumbers, anemones etc. all love the pilings. We've seen small octopus at this beach too. Saw a cool red octopus just trucking across the beach last year. Obviously be gentle with anything you touch and make sure it gets put back where you found it.

I'm glad you liked the smoothie. The frozen bananas make it seem like there's ice cream in there.

Last edited by emilyk; 05-06-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #70  
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

I was really careful at my Mom's wedding, no crackers with the cube of cheese, no butter on the bread, dipped my fork in the dressing for the salad, only ate a 3rd of the fried shrimp... and then kept so busy SERVING the cake that I only got two bites of it to make sure it tasted as good as everyone was telling me I knew today was my weigh in for this so I just couldn't mess it up, especially since I'm in the middle of TOM, so anything extra was going to stick!
The ceremony was beautiful and there is no cake left because people loved it. They came back for seconds and then I filled up boxes to go home for them. I got lots of compliments on my weight and then how well the ceremony went and then how great the cake tasted... It was a nice day

my weight this morning was 198.4, which is down about 5 lbs from the official start. I was hoping for biggest loser of the week but someone called somni lost over 7 and she had a lower starting weight so I know her percentage will be higher, oh well At least she's on our team! So, somni if ur reading this, great job!!
Old 05-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #71  

qtapostoliccongratulations!!!! You rock!! 5 lbs is awesome!!! The wedding sounds like it was great, and well-done for being so disciplined. I'm sure it was nice to hear compliments on the cake AND your weight loss! Whoohoo!
Old 05-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Happy Sunday Bluesers !

How is everyones' weekend so far? I had a great day yesterday... finished my final day of one class and don't start again until the 24th so have a couple weeks off from that. We went to a Cinco de Mayo party last night and had a blast. They didn't have much as far as food for me to eat so I walked to Safeway, which is about 1/2 mile from their house, and got myself some chicken breast and a lovely cabbage salad without dressing. We played a few games, got caught up with old friends and watched the tequila flow among quite a few of the partiers. Today should be a much quieter day... it looks like it's going to be beautiful so will get outside and do some gardening then, hopefully, take the dogs to the dog park for a run.

Manda - Welcome ! Sounds like you've made great changes to your life... that's awesome.

Amanda - Way to go on the cardio ! Hopefully your legs feel better today. How was your quiet Saturday?

Evangeline - You go girl on that eating out ! It can be hard to eat out but I've learned to speak up and ask a bazillion questions of the servers. Haven't been to a restaurant yet where I couldn't get something on-plan.

Emily - That minus tide sounds great.... might have to convince hubby to go take a look. Let us know how it is.

Kelly - Excellent to hear about the wedding ! Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time ! Congratulations on your loss !

Have a wonderful Sunday Team and don't forget to post your weight today before cutoff time if you haven't already posted it !

Inspiration of the day: When we stop judging ourselves, we stop judging other people. When we start loving ourselves, we start loving other people. - Unknown
Old 05-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #73  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Last final tomorrow, hooray! Lots of studying to finish up today, and I want to get a good workout in. Also rented a steam cleaner because the puppy's been having way too many accidents. :/ Next week, I'll have much more time for personals, and hope I can get to know you all better!
Old 05-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #74  

Happy Sunday, team, and happy official weigh-in day.

Yesterday was a nice day - got in 83 minutes of walking to the local fruit/veggie stand and got 3 boxes of blackberries, a 1lb box of strawberries, 4 bananas, 2 mangos & 6 avocados for $10! Will definitely be doing produce shopping there instead of the grocery store from now on. Also made a 3FC recipe for dinner last night - oven fried honey chicken & corn on the cob. So yummy! I highly recommend it to everyone. Super easy and delicious.

Today the bf and I will head out to the beach to try and see the minus tide that emilyk posted about. Should be fun! It's looking like it will be quite nice out. Here in Seattle we've got to take advantage of days when the sun actually shows its face! Will also head to the mall and go clothes shopping for the bf and pick up some weights for myself. I got 30 Day Shred yesterday and want to start it but am still a little nervous about it. I previewed some of it & wasn't too fond of Jillian's attitude - don't know if I will respond well to her or not. Worth a try, I suppose!

emilyk - Can't stop making that banana peanut butter smoothie! I added some chocolate to it last night & it was just so heavenly. Thanks for the tide info as well! We are heading out soon & will hopefully get to see some cool sea life at the beach near our apartment. Have a fantastic day!

qtapostolic - Seriously, way to go with all that restraint at the wedding! I feel like I would have gobbled down everything in sight. I'm proud of you! And a loss of 5lbs from starting weight - that's huge! I was hoping for BL of the week, too but somni AND you definitely beat me! Congrats.

Leslie - Sounds like the party was lots of fun. Good for you for trekking all the way to Safeway to have some healthy options for yourself. You ladies are all so in control on special occasions - it's so inspiring! My Saturday was really awesome. Lots of walking, fruit/veggie buying & still had time to catch up on some TV. Hope your quiet Sunday is a great one!

rainydays - Good luck and congratulations on that last final! Such a good feeling to be finally done with something. Hope you are able to relax for the rest of the weekend.

Hope everyone finishes the weekend strong! GO BLUE!
Old 05-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #75  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi everyone. Looks like some good loses this week. Just running through but I'll be back.