Old 04-02-2012, 01:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Smile 2012 Between Challenges Combined Team CHAT Thread (04/02-04/08)

Hello Red & Blue Teams!!

Welcome to the combined chat thread.

Leslie & I will be starting an 'off-cycle' BL Challenge on April 29th called the Spring into Summer Challenge.
I'm not sure when season 14 of the BL begins, last time I checked they were still taking applications for contestants. We can modify the length of this challenge if we need to start a new Challenge to coincide with season 14.
Typically our challenges last 13 weeks.

General Challenge Information, start dates etc, can be found here.

The official sign up thread can be found here.

Any questions- post either on the general BL Q & A thread found here
Or fire away here & Leslieb (Blue Team Leader) and we will do our best to answer them.

Also, please let us know if you are interested in having combined nutrition/exercise threads for these few weeks as well.

Last edited by CanadaMel; 04-02-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #2  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Helloooooo all

I've loved been part of the last challenge, and can't wait for the next one

Thanks very much to Leslie and Mel for all your work

I'm really hoping to keep super on plan between now and the start of the next challenge as I've got a Christening in two weekends and a wedding the weekend after that to attend, and I'm hoping to be happy enough with myself to wear dresses to them both, something I never used to do!

I've also signed up to do my first 5Km on May 20th, so have that to train for as I'm NO distance runner right now.....! Really looking forward to the challenge though!

Take care everyone, and remember, think slim
Old 04-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #3  

Hope everyone is having a good week. Still on vacation here and I'm so far off plan it's not even funny.
But enjoying time with family and that's most important
Old 04-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi all !

Great to see we made it through another great challenge and getting set up for another one.

takingcontrol - How exciting to do your first 5k ! You will rock it !!

Canadamel - Sounds like you're having a wonderful vacation with your family.

I'm getting one of those rare days where there's nothing on my calendar... I hardly know what to do with myself. I'm starting school this Saturday so getting ready for that and we're winding down everything going on with our house that was left a mess... can't believe how long it took to get it all back in order. We have some great people moving in though so all is good.

Hope everyone is having a great week !
Old 04-06-2012, 01:14 AM   #5  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

I guess I missed it--which team won this last challenge? I mean, congrats to all of us losers of course, but just curious
Old 04-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #6  

HI Everybody,
I hope everyone is doing great on your weight loss journey. I had a new NSV today, as some may know I went off of my lovastatin about a month ago because of all the evidence that it causes diabetes. My blood sugar has been getting high and I am much more afraid of diabetes than high cholestrol so I quit taking it. Today I tested my blood sugar and I'm down aroung 40 points on my fasting blood sugar. I am so happy.

I've started making my own cheese. I can't get fresh milk so I'm using store bought milk but it's still turning out great. I started by making yogurt because DD eats a lot of it and it was getting expensive to buy every week. So I found a couple of recipes and took what I liked from both of them and tried it. Yummy good. Then I tried cheese, just soft cheese right now but they are so good and a lot better and lower calorie than you can buy in the store. Today I'm making quark, a German cream cheese from cultured buttermilk. It's supposed to be really good and only about 35 calories and ounce. I'm using the whey to make bread with. it really makes a good pizza crust, and healthy with extra protien in it.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend and Blessings on you as you celebrate the Holy Day of your choice.
Bette K
Old 04-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #7  

Rainydays-you can find the results from the resolution revolution challenge:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...y-results.html

Bette- Glad to hear the fasting numbers!! These battles we are waging with our body are worth it. Wow- your own cheese- how cool.

So good to see many familiar names & some new ones signing up for the next challenge- so far there's 19 signed up. Spread the word.

We arrived back home after 2 weeks away. Getting back into the routine & running numerous loads of laundry.
Happy to report I'm only up 2.5lbs, as I thought it was a lot more. Eating was way off plan, but I was averaging 18,000 steps/day.

Hope everyone is having a Happy Easter/Passover and enjoying time spent with friends and family.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #8  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks Mel!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #9  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

We won Rainydays, and you were the blues biggest loser, so go you and us as a team! And of course well done to all of the reds too

A measly 0.75lb off last week, I really need to get my focus back to start pulling bigger numbers, it's almost like the closer I get to goal the further away it seems!

Have a great week everyone
Old 04-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #10  

I started a new chat thread for week 2- you can find it here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...ml#post4286836