Old 05-26-2011, 06:49 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Hi everyone!!! This is about my 6th or so challenge. Finally got on track in November and shed 25 lbs after years of gaining and losing the same 10 lbs. I did it using hcg but now ready to just continue to eat healthy and workout hard. I would love to lose about 13 more lbs. My goal had always been 135 but now that I am in the 150's I feel 145 with muscles would be a great weight for me. I am a married mom of three (all grown) & I have granddaughter. All my kids are coming home this summer to live with us. So it will be really nice to have them all under 1 roof again probably for the last time.

I started working out again two weeks ago and love it. Been doing BL dvd's and turbo jam. My dd is bringing P90X with her when she moves back in and we are going to attempt it together! lol!! I'll let you know how that goes

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Last edited by maryshady; 05-26-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:30 AM   #17  
Sue

Hello Blue Team,
I am so excited to get get started with this challenge. I am a calorie counter
that loves gadgets. I used a bodybugg last year for a few months and really learned a lot about how many calories I burn daily. I have a fitbit now and love it. I know what I need to do to lose weight and with the support of the blue team I am headed toward my goal. We all are!!!
Go Blue Team!

Sue
Old 05-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #18  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi Sue and Mary and all other Bluezers!!!

Having coffee, then running to grocery store to fetch stuff for my daughter's bday party Sat. Need a few more things.

I'm excited about this new challenge .. I may hit goal!! Will hafta lose an average of one lb a week plus a little more... Gonna tryyyyyy!!! :

Ok, hugs, gotta run, have a great day!!!!
Selina
Old 05-26-2011, 09:48 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 194.5/177/145

Hi Blue Team Members!

My name is Lori, I am 35 married mom of 2 - age 8 and 12. I have been married for almost 9 years. I am an enginner so I spend most of my day sitting at my desk.

I began this life change for me in late March - found this website shortly there after. I cannot wait for this challenge to begin. I have been working out at home - elliptical machine, BL for Wii, Just Dance 2 for Wii, hand weights, and Jillian DVD's. I also use my iphone to track all calories and exercise.

My goal is set at 145 (started at 195). I would like to reach this by 11-4 when we leave for our family vacation. 145 will put me at pre-baby weight.

Oh - and I am super competitive so I really hope that will help not only myself in this challenge, but also all the blue team members!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:55 AM   #20  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lad143 View Post
Oh - and I am super competitive so I really hope that will help not only myself in this challenge, but also all the blue team members!
Lol, I am too! That's why I think the challenge worked so well for me a few years ago!

I'm strongly considering shifting to P90X doubles in order to have better weight loss. This challenge may actually convince me to do it. I'm just wondering if I'll have enough energy for it.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #21  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Hi Team I see I am not the only one who has a hard time with eating. my deal is i binge eat but i am working hard to stay on plan. i mainly count calories.

What plans do you others follow?
Old 05-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #22  

Hi Beck – Welcome to the challenge, wow 6 kids must keep you very busy.
I’ve never read the books you mentioned but I’m glad they have helped and
that you feel ready for this new chapter. If your ever in Canada I have tons of DIY projects that need doing

Hi Matilda – Glad to have you back for another round, I am following nothing right now and that is why I have been doing so badly. I was doing WW on my own then when they switched programs I tried it but without having the materials I didn’t do well. Then never got back on anything. I guess I’m sort of just calorie counting. My treat days are usually Sundays but lately
I have made them all weekend.....that too needs to stop

Selina – Wow you have done just awesome on this last challenge. I’m a little jealous...when I started the challenges we were close in weights and now you have totally blow me out of the water time for me to do some much needed catching up. Any word on the new baby?
I’m sure you will make it to goal this time around your doing amazing.

DrivenByAmbition – No need to say much just come and read the posts for inspiration and when you are ready you too will be chatting. Welcome to the challenge.

Amberelise – Welcome back to the challenges!! That’s pretty cool that you made a friend and then it turned out to be your cousin. Good luck on your goal for the challenge. I’ve heard the P90X is an awesome workout but haven’t been brave enough to get it myself.

Laura – I used to live in Saskatoon and have toured around other areas in Sask. It’s a nice province. I’m not a big fan of gardening or any outdoor chores for that matter. I know it’s a great workout and a very good source of vitiman D Good luck with the challenge.

Hi Vanessa – Welcome back to another round of BL, are you feeling any better yet. You are right this journey has to be a lifestyle change for it to be permanent . We are here to help you refocus all your effrts back on to you. A personal training group sounds like it would be fun and very motivational. I’m sure they will have you back.

Hi Dora – Glad to have you back, you did very well last challenge so I’m sure you’ll do great this one too. Still lovin’ the weights?

bnhtla06 - Congratulations on joining you first challenge, these are a great place to come for ideas and motivation.

dream - Welcome back your so close to goal that’s awesome.

Kelsey – Welcome back to the challenge. I hope you make your mini goal ASAP

CaitLA – Welcome to the challenge, they really do make you more accountable

QuillysQuest - Nice to have you back after a couple years, sounds like a busy but very nice life you have in Sweden. I wish I had a dislike for food would make this a whole lot easier for me.....I love food Good luck with your journey.

Hi Mary – Glad you came back for another challenge, you too are getting close to goal. That’s awesome. It will be nice for you to have all the kids back this summer....enjoy.

KayakGal – Hello and welcome to the challenge. A friend has lent me her bodybug (gowearfit) twice now and I too learn what I am burning but it doesn’t seem to help me lose I like hitting all the targets though so it’s like a game to me to see if I can beat it. I don’t know much about the
fitbit but I’m glad you like it.

lad143 – Welcome to the challenge how do you like the BL for the Wii, I heard it has lots of running in it....if that’s true then I would like it. I have also heard the DDR2 is awesome....should I invest?
What app are you using to track calories and exercise? I have tons on my phone and all are good in some way.....I wish I could take components of all and make one perfect app

Well I better start getting ready for work now, I was bad and didn't exercise today but I'll run around at work and make up for it. It has been raining so hard today that I didn't go for my run but I should have at least hopped on the elliptical. Oh well that's what tomorrow is for....to make up for all the things I missed today

Have a great day everyone and welcome to the Blue Team
Old 05-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #23  
Katie

S/C/G: 153/150/125

Height: 5'2''

Red face Joining my first challenge.

Hi everyone!

I really need some motivation lately and I am hoping that joining this challenge will help.

I have hovered within the same 10 lbs for most of my adult life so far, with the occasional weight lost that made me feel amazing and then the weight gain that makes me feel like crap.

I am just trying to get back into diet/exercise routine that works for me. I have officially started today. I am going to do some sort of minimal carb/counting calories thing. i have had success with Weight Watchers before and may switch over to that in the future, but right now I just want some motivation and to feel better about myself now that shorts/cut dress/bikini weather is coming. hoping to feel comfortable in a bikini for this summer.

Looking forward to reading about everyones progress!
Old 05-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BFitChick View Post
Hi Sue and Mary and all other Bluezers!!!

Having coffee, then running to grocery store to fetch stuff for my daughter's bday party Sat. Need a few more things.

I'm excited about this new challenge .. I may hit goal!! Will hafta lose an average of one lb a week plus a little more... Gonna tryyyyyy!!! :

Ok, hugs, gotta run, have a great day!!!!
Selina
Selina-Let's pledge to hit goal together. I think we have relatively the same amount to go!
Old 05-26-2011, 07:58 PM   #25  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Hello everyone

I'm Liz,and I think this is my 4th challenge with the blue team.Life has taken some turns in my life this past year and I somehow have lost my way,but I am here to FINALLY put everything that has happened last year behind me.

My goal for this challenge is to lose 15 pounds by August and more importantly to beat JACKIE

Looking forward to a great summer challenge and getting to know all of you.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:30 PM   #26  
Losing for Good

S/C/G: 177.6/160.4/125

Height: 5'1

Hi Blue Team,
I'm very excited b/c this is my first challenge....I've been kinda in a rut since I lost 17 lbs since the beginning of this year...but have hit a plateau and can't seem to get out of the 160's ...I keep gaining and losing the same 3 lbs..hopefully this challenge will help with that...I look forward to getting to know everyone. I am a mother of 3 boys and they keep me very busy. I mainly count calories and try to do some sort of exercise everyday.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:34 AM   #27  

Hi everyone, my name is Tori. I did this challenge a couple of years back and and it was very motivational. Now I'm back. I just had a little girl 10 weeks ago, started back to work last week and nothing fits. So time to lose the baby weight plus some additional poundage.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Go BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:04 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 194.5/177/145

Hi Shannon - to answer your questions:

I like the BL for Wii. I have the older version and am thinking of investing in the new BL game. The original has a set workout everyother day. Each workout targets different areas of your body to get a great overall workout. On "off" days you can do challenges or pick an area of your body to workout. You can pick either a 4-8-12 week challenge. Every Monday is weigh in day. You perform a challenge and at the end need to step on the scale. The bottom 2 contestants are then showed on the screen and you get to pick which one goes home.

I've never played DDR. We have Just Dance 2 and Just Dance kids. Both offer a nice workout. Thinking I need to invest in a monitor to determine calories burned. I do know that I sweat a lot on these games.

And finally I use myfitnesspal to log calories and exercise. But I love target weight by tactio. On my iphone the app by tactio shows a number in red even when not in the app. It's always visible. The red number is how many more pounds to reach goal. Nice motivation.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #29  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Hi team! I did a couple of challenges a while back and was very motivated. I remember Selina on the blue team back then and am wow'd by how well she's been doing. And it's awesome getting to do the challenge with my best friend (Quillysquest), since she's living on the other side of the world these days.

I am following WW now which I love so far. I am at the gym 5 days a week, and do walking (and now some very very intermittent jogging) twice a week on the track or treadmill, 2 days a week of water aerobics, just changed the third water aerobics class for spin starting this week, and then yoga also on 3 of those days. My next goal is to work on getting a plan for strength training in place.

I also love to cook so I'm always looking for yummy recipes that are healthfully minded without compromising flavor.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and having a great summer!
Old 05-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #30  

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies! So, today is my official weigh in day and I gained a pound. So, the good news is that it's back to where my stated starting weight is anyway. Obviously the bad news is I gained a pound!

Although my diet wasn't perfect, I really do believe I averaged 1500-1600 calories every day this week, which is good for someone 5'9" isn't it? And, I'm doing P90X! I haven't missed a day. My only guess is that it was week 4, the rest week, and maybe my body was preparing for the heavy weights and such. When it didn't happen, weight gain? Who knows. But, I'm going to tell myself it means I'll have a 2 lb. loss next week in time for our first weigh in.

I'm happy that we've got a lot of participation already! It will help me tons with the dieting portion knowing that I've got all of you ladies supporting me!