3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   Hello summer challenge participants (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/233825-hello-summer-challenge-participants.html)

Bigmid 05-22-2011 11:00 PM

Hello summer challenge participants

Hi everyone this is a post to share some info about yourself and to get to know everyone.

We will be making up the teams and then letting you know who is where in the next few days.

Feel free to ask questions, leave comments, and come to share your thoughts.

Welcome to all the past team members and to all our new ones.

Please remember to all new people the requesting of team color was for anyone who had been on a team before. We need to make the weight for the team even so once the previous team members are put back on their Red or Blue we will divide up the remaining new members on both teams to even out the weights.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you.:D

shan84 05-23-2011 02:13 AM

Please check your inbox! I have about 7-9 people who forgot to post a starting weight. If I don't receive on by Tuesday (5/24) then you will be made an unofficial member of the team of your preference. It means you can still participate in everything but your totals won't be counted towards a team.

Also, this information is useful to anyone who wanted to sign up but missed the deadline. Once team announcements are made, you can still join a team as an unofficial member.

mumtoliam 05-23-2011 09:20 AM

Hi everyone - I'm Vanessa back again for another season of biggest loser... I am so excited I lost 9.6kg (forget what the pounds conversion is) on the last challenge, and hope to continue the healthy lifestyle I started the year off on. I hope to step it up a bit on this challenge... at times I lost focus. I want to get down to double digits at the end of the year... I am currently 117kg (again I forget the pounds conversion) It is possible but at the same time, I want to be sensible about this. I have been lighter than I am now and lost in half the time but gained it all back and then some... I want to lose for it for life... so slow and steady is the way I am going. I am doing WW, I had a personal training group but we are heading into winter here, and I have all the excuses ready... too cold, I already got into my pjs, I have the flu... so I am going to really focus on indoor exercises this challenge. No excuse!

Looking forward to meeting all the newbies, and all the people back for another challenge.

NEXT!!!

Amberelise 05-23-2011 10:21 AM

I'm down to 147 which is 1.5 lbs. below what I had posted in the thread. I should warn, though, that at 5'9" I really don't think I should go below 135. Will that affect my team? Honestly, I think a 12 lb. loss over the summer is pretty stellar anyway, but I wanted to throw that out there!

I'm excited to get started. I am doing P90X right now so my exercise has been perfect. But, I could REALLY use the motivation to watch my food intake. This challenge should be the boost I need. :) I'm looking forward to it!

PageLynn 05-23-2011 10:38 AM

Hi Everyone! My name is Page. This will be my second BL challenge. Last challenge I lost almost 20lbs, hoping to lose around the same again (or more lol). I am also doing WW Points+. I am 24 years old and a single mom to 2 wonderful little boys. I also attend college full time (hoping to enter law school Fall of 2012) and work full time. I really need to get my exercise back on track, but I think I am finally back on track eating wise. Good Luck everyone!!!!!

lad143 05-23-2011 12:50 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Lori and this is my first biggest loser challenge. I am so looking forward to this. I started my new lifestyle on March 21st and have lost 15.5 pounds since I began. I havebeen using myfitnesspal on the iphone to track calories and cardio.

I am 35 years old and have 2 wonderful kids. My daughter is 8 and my step-son is 12. The only reason I am using the step- part on here is when dealing with my husband's ex, the stress level sometimes rises and my weight loss can derail.

Cannot wait for the challenge to begin.

tmil206 05-23-2011 05:39 PM

Hi everyone, my name is Tori. I did this challenge a couple of years back and and it was very motivational. Now I'm back. I just had a little girl 10 weeks agoi, started back to work last week and nothing fits. So time to lose the baby weight plus some additional poundage. :)

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

KayakGal 05-23-2011 06:01 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Sue. This is my first biggest loser challenge and
I am very excited to get started. I have a very supportive husband and
two children. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Sunshine87 05-23-2011 06:11 PM

Hello everyone! My name is Emma. This is the first time I've ever participated in a Biggest Loser challenge. I am looking forward to getting to know you all and shedding some weight!
SW: 207

PamelaViktoria 05-23-2011 06:13 PM

Not sure what team I am on

I am on the raw food diet, and only have a couple pounds to go. I actually am more interested in losing 3" on my tummy. Am I red or blue?

bethbeth 05-23-2011 06:14 PM

Hello everyone! My name is Beth. I did a couple BL challenges about 3 years ago when I lost 45 pounds.

My daughter is almost 10 months old and I can't use the "I just had a baby" excuse for this weight any more. I've got to get moving! I've lost 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks, which is great, but I've got a long way to go.

I'm happy to have this BL challenge to help keep me accountable to those on my team.

bethbeth 05-23-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PamelaViktoria (Post 3861749)
I am on the raw food diet, and only have a couple pounds to go. I actually am more interested in losing 3" on my tummy. Am I red or blue?

The teams have not been posted yet. They are supposed to be posted by the 25th, so keep checking back :)

DrivenByAmbition 05-23-2011 06:52 PM

Hi everyone, I'm Tori. This is my first biggest loser challenge of 3fc. I'm starting out around 198. =o) I'm not sure what my goal is for this challenge. I'm just going to play it by ear.

Bigmid 05-23-2011 07:49 PM

Okay results are posted:

Congratulations to the BLUE TEAM for winning the final WI

Congratulations to JayTee for being the overall BL in the challange.

Somni 05-23-2011 07:57 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Terri. I've done a couple of BL challenges but it's been a while! After I lost about 40 lbs I stalled out and got derailed (and eventually regained a lot of it :(), but I wasn't following any sort of plan, just trying to gradually eat better and exercise.

But now I've been on WW since March, lost 23 so far and going strong. Looking forward to getting back to where I was (almost there!) and continuing on, while cheering on my teammates. :)