Red Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 11 (3/21-3/27)

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Results to come later today.

6 freebies used and 3 eliminated players.

Please remember to weigh in on time.

Hope everyone gets week 11 off to a great start.
  • Continued from last week's thread:

Peanutt- Thanks for the words of encouragement. You are right of course. My body does feel a lot stronger and I feel more energetic right now.

Courtney- You can rock it into the 230's this week. Go YOU!!!
  • Shan- calorie cycling seems to work for me. But I've started just using how clothes fit, since the scale doesn't seem to want to move on a regular basis.
  • Week 11 Results

Total lbs and percentage lost -4.7lbs, -.11%

Biggest Loser:
    Sindaena, -2lbs, -1.39%

Honorable Mentions:
    JayTee, -2.5lbs, -1.30%

Congrats to both of you!

The blue team won this week. We had a lot of freebies and/or no scale movement last week. Hope that changes for all of us this week. Only three weeks to go!!
  • <sigh> goodbye desi, bettek, icequeen and ladyinweighting!
    i sure am sad you guys missed the weigh in...
    sad to see us lose 4 more team members!
  • Good morning all

CONGRATULATIONS SINDAENA & JAYTEE

I was up 1 pound this past week so I really need to get my FAT BUTT-ER in GEAR and MELT ME SOME BUTT-ER . . .

OK, off to melt some BUTT-ER!!!
  • I need to melt some BUTT-ER too!!!! I have definitely started my week off on the right foot...especially since I broke my pinky toe on my left foot this weekend. Yes, I am so graceful! LOL! It's all purple and swollen. I guess this week will be a concentration on upper body work since I won't be able to walk or jog very well.

I hope everyone had a wonderful, healthy day!
  • To those of us still hanging tough, congratulations. I was just reading an article that said only 12% of people of vow to better their health actually succeed. Only a few more weeks til the end of the challenge!

HANG TOUGH RED TEAM!

Oh, and Sindaena, congrats btw, but you're gonna have to quit breathing down my neck...I'm coming for you next week!
  • Congrats to Sindaena and Jaytee!

We're almost there ladies! Only a few more weeks!!
  • How's everyone's week going so far?

Off to a good start here. Got in a little strength training on my rest day yesterday. I have pt tonight and some solo time at the gym. Hoping to see a loss this week. I'm working on the calorie cycling like mel suggested. I think the days I have pt I will have a little higher calorie intake, and the days I have hot yoga and solo gym time I will keep to a lower intake. We'll see what happens. Cheers everyone!
  • Quote: Oh, and Sindaena, congrats btw, but you're gonna have to quit breathing down my neck...I'm coming for you next week!
    Uh-oh.... I so need to locate my misplaced motivation and make it happen again this week!

..and thanks all.
  • Happy Tuesday y'all!

I've been having a hard time today wanting to eat everything in sight! I gave up meat for lent, so I think my body just needs more fat as I have been craving peanut butter all day even though I hate it!
  • Quote: I have been craving peanut butter all day even though I hate it!
    and i thought craving something i love was hard to handle!!
    good luck avoiding the peanut butter!! i just can't open the lid....without my finger doing some dipping! i heart PB and J!

on the other hand, maybe its better to crave something you hate then something you love??? haha
  • It's really been terrible. I ate so much of it today, and you can do oh so much damage with peanut butter! I had a gain this week, and I think it had a lot to do with not being able to use meat as a tool to stave off hunger. Protein fills me up, but carbs make me hungrier so I have been ravenous and gaining weight!
  • Lots of other protein sources too. What about cottage cheese? Or eggs?