Old 03-21-2011, 12:20 AM   #1  

Default Blue Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 11 (03/20-03/27)

Hi I think we did great this week a huge CONGRATULATIONS to our biggest losers for week 10

Biggest Loser:
MamaP, -9.2lbs, -4.0%

Honorable Mentions:
Cocoloco, -4lbs, -1.71%
Soon2BFitChick, -2.4lbs, -1.44%
reji, -1.8lbs, -1.32%

Team Loss of -21.2lbs, -.50%

Also on a huge note no one took a freebie we didn't lose anyone this week and all but 2 posted in the chat thread for week 10......WOOHOO that's awesome everyone. Let's make this a trend til the end

Last edited by Bigmid; 03-21-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:28 AM   #2  

Okay so we are at week 11 with 3 weeks left to go:
So today is the first day of Spring so I want everyone to come up with 3 challanges for themselves or others and also let us know your 3 favorite things and 3 biggest fears with Spring

1: I challange everyone to post in the nutritution thread this week
2: I challange myself to exercise a min. of 30min everyday this week
3: I challange everyone to actually respond to this

1: I love the sun and am looking forward to seeing more of it
2: I like listening to the birds first thing in the morning
3: I like that I can be out more and feel refreshed with spring (like signing up for my first running class)

1: I am terrified of the sleevless tops that spring can bring (batwings here)
2: I am scared that I will lose the desire for exercise (but excited at the same time about running again)
3: I am affraid that our spring will be over to fast and that I will never reach goal.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:12 AM   #3  

Results are posted and BLUE TEAM won for week 10.....CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE
Old 03-21-2011, 05:36 AM   #4  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Yeah Blue Team!!!!! and congratulations on all the losses this week especially MamaP, CocoLoco, Soon2BFitChick and reji! I wasnt one who lost last week, but I have prepared for this week.

I made Chicken, Vegetable and Tortellini Soup as well as Creamy Curried Broccoli soup last night and froze 6 servings, as the sunshine is coming your way we are heading into winter, and I love comfort food in winter, soups, casseroles, slow cooked meals. So I will be prepared. Tonight I made a delicious Ham, feta, asparagus and tomato quiche. And I will have the leftovers for tomorrow's dinner.

I have planned my whole week in dinners and snacks, so I know that I have no excuse to have convenience food aka drive thru.

So I challenge myself to:
1. exercise every night this week at least ten minutes, but aim for thirty.
2. drink my water... I have not had a glass today
3. play footy with my son,

and I challenge everyone to go and exercise with someone, whether it be a walk with your partner, throw around a ball with you kids, shoot some hoops, play putt putt golf, go ten pin bowling, join a team sport. It doesnt feel like a chore when you do it with someone.

My 3 favourite things are:
1. cooking - I love finding new recipes, converting my old recipes into WW propoints, encouraging my son to help with meal preparation so that he will make healthy choices.
2. stampin - I am a stampaholic, I love making handmade cards.
3. movies - I even go to the cinema by myself. I can't wait to see Just Go with it with Jennifer Anniston and Adam Sandler on Monday night - its a chicks flick night.

OMG - I just reread the post.... Ok these are my favourite things all time... LOL

What do I love about Spring - everything... as we are going into autumn/fall
1. the autumn leaves - going to the park and walking on them and hearing them crinkle under my feet. The colours of them. Its amazing!
2. cooking comfort food. I love the smells of slow cooked meals warming the house in the colder months.
3. snuggling under the rug of a night watching tv.

What do I hate about Autumn/ fall:
1. Its hard to get motivated to exercise in the cold. More excuses to sleep in or stay snuggled on lounge.
2. You can hide the extra kilos under the layers.
3. The comfort food is usually higher in KJ, fat, carbs, sodium etc...
Old 03-21-2011, 05:56 AM   #5  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

Hey everyone! I was wondering since we have 3 weeks left - are there any plans for another Biggest Loser challenge - I have been really motivated because of it. I have lost 14.2 pounds (7.2 kgs) so far and I think I will need it to help me through the winter months down under. In the past I start off the year really good and then when it get to April I unravel again. I havent been 114kg since the day I gave birth to my son 7 years ago. I have 6 kgs to go to get to that weight and long term I would love to be 100kg by the end of the year if not sooner. I don't see myself losing that 6kg in the next 3 weeks, I am off to Great Barrier Reef on an island getaway in April, and I am hoping that I will be good with the buffet. Plus it sounds silly but I wanna fit into the swimming costume I bought to wear - it is sagging in the bum, should of bought a smaller size.

So if someone was thinking of running another Biggest Loser after this one, I will be very appreciative! Thanks for all the work you do Bigmid, and Shan84! Plus thanks to everyone who makes me feel supported along this journey!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:57 AM   #6  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

mum- Red Team leader just popping over to let you know we are in the process of making plans for the next challenge. More details to come later.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #7  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone! I'm doing paperwork so cant stay but hope you all have a great week. And congrats to our biggest losers!

Hugsss, Selina
Old 03-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #8  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Monday everyone! I'm still fighting the crud but made it to the gym this morning for a short workout. I was actually planning to do about 50 minutes on the treadmill but as I was nearing one mile a heavy smoker got on the machine beside me and the cigarette smell was more than I could do along with my already hurting lungs. I finished up my mile and then did a few minutes on the elliptical before heading home. I ran a little more today. I ran at 5 mph twice - the first time for two minutes and the second time for one minute. Looking forward to being able to run for longer periods.

Congrats to all the losers this week. I'm up a few pounds today, but I knew I would be. I made corned beef and cabbage yesterday and also today started TOM (the first one in two months). Hopefully the water weight won't stick around too long. It's a shame though that 9 lbs lost last week doesn't take me below my start weight for the challenge.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

I am just popping over from the Red Team to say CONGRATS to you Biggest Losers for week 10! Well done!
Old 03-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #10  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

Yay blue team!

1. I challenge myself to continue to workout everyday.
2. I challenge myself to stick to my plan hardcore no more free days!
3. I challenge myself to get outside more to play with my oldest son.

1. Spring is my favorite season so I absolutely love the weather (as crazy as it can be here in OK).
2. The holiday- Easter!
3. The ability to get outside most days. Ready to start C25K in April!

Dislikes:
1. Tornadoes! In OK we get them quite often, at the watches and warnings.
2. Yardwork is coming!
3. Short season. I love my legs but in shorts I feel self conscious.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #11  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Congratulations Blue Team for a fantastic week.

Quote:
Biggest Loser:
MamaP, -9.2lbs, -4.0%

Honorable Mentions:
Cocoloco, -4lbs, -1.71%
Soon2BFitChick, -2.4lbs, -1.44%
reji, -1.8lbs, -1.32%
Old 03-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #12  

Hi just sitting here being lazy but got a call for a showing so I have no choice but bundle up and go out in the snow for an hour while they are looking at the house.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Just wanted to pop in and say YAY TEAM!!!! I can't believe we are nearing the end of this challenge, it's sure helped me stay accountable for sure. I had a rough week last week with cravings and wondering what I really wanted etc.. but I'm over that hump with a new plan in place so hopefully I give you all a great loss this week to help the team stay strong all!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 187/163/148

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone, Congratulations to the losers this week! I had a plateau week, hoping to kick it up again this week!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:28 PM   #15  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Yay Bluesers!!!

Still OP, 6 days in a row exercising 60 min a day, stars on my calendar and already some loss for the next week!!

Congrats to our BL MamaP, Coco, Selina and Reji - inspiration and motivation.

Good luck for the week - looking forward to the next challenge.

Dora