Old 02-28-2011, 12:47 AM   #16  

Hi RED Team I just posted the results and you won the week 7 challange....WTG you did great.

Well have a great week 8 and remember we want another win so we'll give you a run for your money......Ahhhh running that's what I should be doing.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:06 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Hi girls I am so sad , I forgot to WI , I even have a loss , well I will continuing as an
Unofficial member .
I really sorry .
Old 02-28-2011, 07:26 AM   #18  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

happy monday everyone
have a good day!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:58 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan84 View Post
Sunday night's Question of the Day Part One: What was the defining moment for you when you decided now was the time you were going to change your life?
Hmmm...I think looking at pictures of my honeymoon did it for me this past summer. I got back from my honeymoon weighing in the 270's. I looked at our photos from Disneyworld and I looked like a beaches whale. I was freaking huge! I'd never seen myself look THAT bad in pictures, honestly. In one pic I actually had a triple chin. Really! Is that even possible? I ended up posting that one on my Weight Loss Pics page on my blog. That was my starting pic. My 22's were getting really tight and I didn't what to blow money that I didn't have on 24's. It took me a couple Of months to decide how I was going to make it happen. I ordered that Healthy Trim stuff that I had heard about on the radio and began losing weight in August. It's so expensive though and doesn't seem to be working as well now. After this bottle is gone, that's it. It will just be diet and exercise from then on.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #20  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

YAY Red! Congrats Sindaena & Skinny Cow.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:09 AM   #21  

GOOD MORNING RED TEAM!!!!!

Well done folks! Congrats to us for winning Week 7 and to Sindaena for being the Biggest Loser overall!!!! Great job to SkinnyCow and JayTee as our honorable mentions!!!!! This team is rockin' it all the way baby!!!!!

I am taking today off from work because both my daughter and I have doctor's appointments. My husband and I are also going to check out a new day care center and hopefully transfer Brenna out of the place she currently is going. I love the owners of her current place but there have been some changes taking place over the past year that I don't like...and a couple of weeks ago was the last straw. I'm done with it. It's time to put her in a better facility.

Green With Envy Challenge
Folks, St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner!!!!! How are you doing on your greens, both eating them and saving them? One good way to save some green is to avoid the vending machines at work! I see how often my co-workers go in there to get a VERY overpriced candy bar or soda. 12 oz. cans of soda are $0.85 and a 3 pack of Reese's peanut butter cups is $1.00. How ridiculous is that?!?!?! The folks who do that every weekday are blowing $9.25 a week on crap food! That's so dumb, both for their bodies and their wallets. So my tip of the day is to avoid the vending machines. The food is unhealthy and the prices are unbelievably high for the "convenience" of having snacks readily available. It's so not worth it! If you know you're going to have a snack craving in the afternoon, bring some fruit or other healthy snacks from home. Bring something to drink, or keep a mug of water on your desk. You can refill that for free!

Last edited by CourtneyDaisey; 02-28-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-28-2011, 08:34 AM   #22  
Winning!

S/C/G: 287.8/276.6/142

Height: 5'3.5"

Great job Red Team!! You're making it really hard for us to catch up in the overall race!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #23  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

Sindaena and Jaytee- Congrats on your losses!!!!!

I love hearing everyone's motivation to turn it around. I feel like I can relate to everyone, and it just makes me realize how we are all in this together!

I did aqua-aerobics for the first time this morning... far more difficult than I thought!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:05 PM   #24  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyDaisey View Post
Green With Envy Challenge
Folks, St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner!!!!! How are you doing on your greens, both eating them and saving them?
thanks courtney for reminding me....to eat my greens!!
just for you i had a huge salad with 3 cups of greens!!!
spinach greens, kale, cabbage, spring mix and butter lettuce!

at the market today, i purchased 71.82 worth of groceries for 9.32 saving me 62.50. thats a LOT of GREEN!!

with that green....i purchased some more green....2 bags butter lettuce, 2 bags spring mix lettuce, 1 green cabbage, green tea, lime jello, coleslaw mix and some basil!!

courtney you rock!!

Old 02-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #25  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default Week 8 . . . OH MY

I can't believe we are in week 8 . . . . time flies

CONGRATULATIONS
SINDEA
SKINNY COW
&
JAYTEE

Well, I'm still contemplating Shan's question . . . I guess for me it was realizing that it had been almost 10 years since I had an accident at work which left me on crutches/cane for 3 years, the first 8 months I was completely non-weight bearing and gained 60-65 pounds in that 8 months . . . <sigh> I just didn't think I could bear to see another year go by with the extra pounds, needless to say about 2 AM this morning was the 10 year anniversary of the accident . . . so I'm having some major emotional conflicts as the accident changed my life in so many ways . . . Sorry to whine on and on . . . I think i just need some time to get myself on track as my head is playing some serious mind games with me right now . . .

OK ladies, my day is a little messed up as I worked a day shift today, one of the girls at work was called for jury duty and I worked for her (6am - 2:30) and I did my workout when I got home . . . I like working out better as soon as I get up rather than after work . . . I think I have more energy when I first get up . . .

So I am off to make some supper, I need to find something green . . . hmmm green beans, or a salad, not sure yet . . . .

HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT MONDAY!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #26  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

I almost forgot about the "greens" challenge. I've been doing really well at eating my greens. I usually have a sandwich for lunch every day and I bought some lettuce to put on my sandwiches. I also picked up some fresh green beans to change up my raw veggie snacks. I'm going to look for a healthy recipe for sesame green beans too.

I need to do better at saving some green. I don't really coupon or flyer shop. We just buy the groceries that we want/need when we need them. The one thing that I refuse to pay full price for, however, is toilet paper! I'm going to start checking out the weekly grocery flyers and basing some shopping on those.

The last update in the "peanutt is sick" saga, I swear! I went to the doc today and it turns out that I've got an infection in my lungs that has just started to spread to my ears and throat. He gave me a strong antibiotic, so it should be cleared up soon. I'm glad I went in today before the infection really took hold in my ears and throat! The doctor also recommended a cough syrup that seems to be working way better than others I've tried. It's called Delsym and it's a controlled release cough suppressant. I've definitely been coughing less this afternoon!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #27  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoLoco View Post
Great job Red Team!! You're making it really hard for us to catch up in the overall race!
thanks so much cocoloco you are doing AWESOME on your journey!! YOU are a true asset to your blue team!! WAY TO GO!susan
Old 02-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #28  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan84 View Post
Sunday night's Question of the Day Part One: What was the defining moment for you when you decided now was the time you were going to change your life?
sadly...i was watching football with my dear hubby...and they introduced a player...he was a guard...and weighed 354 pounds...and the announcer was saying things like, OMG....just look at him...he is huge...this man is a freakin machine...look at those arms!! this is one huge dude...you wouldn't want to get in his way....he can run over a train! have you ever seen someone so huge!

i weighed more than he did....

I WEIGH MORE THAN AN NFL FOOTBALL GUARD!

i excused myself from the room to the bathroom...where i just sat on the toilet looking into the bathroom mirror....and just cried and cried....
Old 02-28-2011, 09:24 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 258/Ticker/199

But You're Not Crying Now, Rainbow! Just Look At How Far You've Come! Peanutt, I'm Gonna Get Some Of That Cough Syrup. The Prescription The Dr Gave Me Is Like Drinking Colored Water. Angie, Loved Your Motivation Story. Courtney, You And I Are Almost The Same Weight And I Just Know This Is Your Week To Make It To The 30's! Madamebutterfly, What Did You Make For Dinner? I Had A Flatbread Veggie Sandwich From Subway With Lots Of Green!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

thanks courtney for reminding me....to eat my greens!!
just for you i had a huge salad with 3 cups of greens!!!
spinach greens, kale, cabbage, spring mix and butter lettuce!

at the market today, i purchased 71.82 worth of groceries for 9.32 saving me 62.50. thats a LOT of GREEN!!

with that green....i purchased some more green....2 bags butter lettuce, 2 bags spring mix lettuce, 1 green cabbage, green tea, lime jello, coleslaw mix and some basil!!

courtney you rock!!

WOW chica! I hereby dub you the Queen of Saving the Green! I totally wish I could take a week and observe how you do it! that's so freaking cool!