Old 02-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #31  
Winning!

S/C/G: 287.8/276.6/142

Height: 5'3.5"

Bigmid and Nancy - That's neat you are friends in real life, and can do this challenge together. All of my family lives on the other side of the country, but I am going to try to get at least one of my sisters to join the next challenge with me. It would be fun doing it with somebody I know. All of you ladies are great too, don't get me wrong! I love my team

PageLynn - That's great you have people building you up, after having someone tear you down so much. It's also inspiring to see ladies like you get back on track working towards your goals after having babies(and under major stress.) I hope when I have kids I will not lose site of my personal health goals.

Selina - Great job on getting the exercise in when you can! Your story hits close to home, because I was also was above 200lbs in junior high. I haven't been under 200 since then. You show me it can be done if I just keep with it, and I really appreciate that! Also, you definitely deserve a new wardrobe with how much you lost!

Today I am thankful for my dogs. They motivate me to get up, and move every day, even if I don't feel like exercising. I know they need their exercise.. so I have to at least get outside and play fetch, and walk with them. They're awesome hehe
Old 02-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Just stopping for a quick hello. I'm off to pickup my DD from gymastics and then off to bowling. Everyone have a great night.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:12 AM   #33  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Good Day Blue Team,

I'm thankful I still have a job, though I had planned on retiring a year ago.
I'm thankful I have the ability to get online with my Blue Team and be encouraged by you all.

Still doing well on nutrition, not so much on water and exercise - but I have faith I'll improve in these areas soon.

Expecting snow here in the next few days and since I'm on satellite internet, I may or may not be able to get in touch with you all. Looks like my weight will not change this week, so a freebie wouldn't be so bad.

Hang in there girls, there's so few of us but we CAN do this. BTW - did we win? I thought we did, but others were asking after I made that assumption . . . . just wondering.

ttyl

Dora
Old 02-24-2011, 01:23 AM   #34  
Winning!

Hey Dora, we did win. It looks like the Red team was waiting on a member to find out the official results, but they hadn't gotten back to the leader. They are doing amazing over there, but we still beat them.. great job everyone!!

dream - you seem like an extremely busy lady.. I am impressed with all of the exercise you fit in

I couldn't think of any recipes I use lately, but then I was like duh! There is one I use almost every day. It's called a 1 minute muffin. I am not sure who originally made the recipe, but I'd love to give them credit, it's a great addition to my low carb diet.. and one of the rare ways I get a large amount of fiber.

Here is how I make it, there are tons of different ways to tweak it, I believe there are a couple of threads about them on this site.
This is made in the microwave, so you need a microwave safe dish to make them in. A lot of people use a mug, I use a muffin shaped ramekin.

Ingredients
1/4 Cup Golden Flaxseed Meal
1/8 tsp Baking Powder (others use 1/2 - 1tsp, I think it tastes too baking powdery so I just use 1/8 tsp)
2 packets Splenda
1 Large Whole Egg
Mix the dry ingredients in ramekin/mug first, then stir in the egg until blended. Pop in the microwave for 1 minute and walllaa you have a muffin.
Calories in this version are 190 w/ 12g fiber 12g protein and 3net carbs. There are 9.5g of fat if you are watching your fat content.

I pop mine out with a knife, and cut it in three slices sort of like mini bread. I spritz each piece with spray butter, and sometimes top it with a TB of sf jam. People eat them plain, with butter, mixed with blueberries, all kinds of things. Sure they aren't as delicious as a sugary muffin, but I find them really satisfying, and feel full for a long time after eating them.

Anyways, keep up the great work team!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:10 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone!

Quick question if anyone can help me out! I'm not weighing in at my center this week, I have so much going on with school that I won't be able to make it there. If I weigh myself at home can I count that as this weeks weigh in? My scale is usually 1 or 2lbs more than the scale at my center so I'm not sure what to do. If I weigh in at my center next week I may show a gain because of the difference in their scale and mine. So frustrating! lol! I'm seriously thinking about going shopping for a new scale, the one I have is getting pretty beat up and I'd like to find one that's a little more accurate. Any suggestions?

Last night my husband, kiddos and I went out to eat at a place called Mexican Gardens. I hadn't been out to dinner in a while and was craving mexican food so I went ahead and used all my weekly points as I usually do every week. I was expecting a gain this morning because of the sodium in the food and sure enough I went from 168 to 170. I'm not frustrated because I know it's water weight but I did go a bit overboard and ate until I was uncomfortably full. I only do this once every 5 or 6 months and I think having a day like last night really helps me in the long run to prevent daily binge eating. Before joining Weight Watchers I would eat until I was in so much pain I couldn't move and this was every day. Now I don't have the urge to overeat and only do it every few months because I know I have complete control now.

Off to the gym I go this morning! Doing Zumba then going for a run after, I'd really like to get a burn of 1500 today.

Hope everyone is having an awesome week!

Last edited by KimberlyP; 02-24-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #36  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Kimberly....the only acccurate way to do it is pop into the center and weigh yourself, then go right home and weigh yourself on your home scale. Do not go to the bathroom, eat or do anything until you pop on your home scale. Then adjust your home scale or subtract the difference.
Congratulations Blue Team for winning week # 6!
Jacky, what was the Red's team percentages? They only posted the winner and honorable mentions, no total percentage.
Coco...thanks for the recipe, I use ground flax seed in my cereal every morning. I'll try your recipe today except for the whole egg, I'll use egg beaters. Thanks!
Anymore favorite recipes out there?

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-24-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:55 AM   #37  
Bobbi

How do you feel after eating junk food? Yesterday I made DH an applesauce cake, ate a corner of it to see if it was a good recipe. That's all I had, one little 1" piece. Then I baked him some applesauce cookies, as we have tons of chunky applesauce in our freezer from our orchard. Ate one to see if I liked this new recipe. They were kind of bland so I made some yummy frosting and stuck two cookies together with frosting in the middle. DH loved them, aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh........so did I. I ate two more. Did it stress me out? That's all I thought of the rest of the day, how could I be soooooooo stupid. I know from past exerience not to eat 'comfort food' because I can't stop. But the good news is that I always have plenty of calories to spare and it shouldn't hurt me, the bad news is that I could have used those calories eating something healthy for my body. It also messed up my daily nutrition thread, I didn't post yesterday.
Quote:
There’s No Comfort in Comfort Foods

Here’s yet another reason why “comfort food” never truly nourishes you. Have you ever reached for a boxed macaroni and cheese, doughnut or cookie in times of stress? We probably all have at one point or another and for good reason; these foods induce our neurotransmitters to signal our feel good hormones. We eat the particular food item, briefly feel better and then feel awful again shortly after. What seemed like a good idea initially turned out to have been a really bad one.

Now, Spanish researchers are shedding light on the harms of the comfort food fix. They found that when men and women volunteers consumed foods high in trans fats, they actually became more depressed. The lead author commented that the “adverse effects of trans fatty acids are thought to cause inflammation that interferes with neurotransmitters, like serotonin, important to mood regulation.” Perhaps you knew that trans fat, found in partially hydrogenated oils, increase our lousy LDL cholesterol and decrease our happy HDL cholesterol, but did you know that they also make you feel more stressed?
Old 02-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #38  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Can't stay but hi!!

Hugs, Selina
Old 02-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #39  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Hey everyone!
Bobbi: I know how you feel about eating comfort foods. I went off plan yesterday and just stayed off because I was craving horrible things and figured one day wouldn't kill me. I felt guilty all day but kept stuffing my face :'( and today I figure I am back on track I did 80 minutes of Cardio. Nothing to do but move on and buckle down.
Cocoloco: Thanks. People tell me all the time how I'm inspiring or motivating for going to school, raising 2 boys on my own, and exercising daily/getting healthy. For some reason I don't see it as something to be inspiring or motivating, just my life and what I have to do no other choice. Maybe due to self issues but Thanks anyway.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #40  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Hey Girls! I have a job interview tomorrow! I really need this job so I can move out with my boys and be able to live closer to school! Wish me luck!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:22 PM   #41  
Winning!

Kimberly, I personally think it's okay to weigh from home. If you consistently weigh 1-2lbs more at home I would just subtract 1lb, and if you weigh 1-2lbs less at home, I would add 1lb to be on the safe side, and call it your weight. I'd also weigh myself around the same time as you usually weigh in at weight watchers. I assume it's really up to you. 1500 calorie burn is crazy! I can't wait for the days I am fit enough to try to get that much of a workout!

Bobbi - Did you try the recipe? I am curious if it turned out okay with egg beaters. I also saw on your nutrition journal you use applesauce on your fiber one. I will have to try that sometime when I add more carbs in. I used to eat 1/2cup of fiber one for breakfast most days. It's amazing all of the fiber contained in 60 calories. I have three unopened boxes I stocked up on when they were buy1get1 free. My husband thinks it's rabbit food, but I like it hehe

Page - good luck on the interview!! You should give yourself a ton of credit for all that you do. A lot of people use all those obstacles as excuses to not work out, and don't bother trying to eat healthy. The fact that you are doing it all is really impressive!

I bought a low carb smoothie from smoothie king today, and it was pretty gross I ended up throwing it away. This was a big deal to me, because in the past I hated wasting things, especially something I just spent $4+ on. I used myself as a trash can, literally. I decided to let the trash be the trash can this time. Sure it was a waste of money in the end, but I am learning to treat myself better. I don't even know why I did that to myself before.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:30 PM   #42  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

This week has been so busy that I haven't gotten any exercise in, and it's showing. I'm up .2 at the moment, with a major party coming up this weekend. At least my nutrition has been not too bad so far, and I've got my yoga class tomorrow. Good luck to everyone!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:56 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone.. sorry I have been so MIA lately.. I have been really sick, I do not ever remember being so sick for this long before.. usually I am a one or two days on meds n I am back to normal..not this time.. Monday around midday I felt the fever coming on, I had been coughing most of the morning...by Monday night I had a fever of 102 and had a very hard time breathing. Tuesday meant a trip to the doctor first thing, I was given strong antibiotics that I take once a day for 5 days and Symbicort puffers.. I had a consistent temp over 100 all week, 99.8 was the lowest it had gone, I was steaming myself and keeping Vicks applied to my chest at least 4 times a day.. as my chest was so incredibly sore and heavy..from coughing so forcefully my left tonsil became inflamed and made coughing and swallowing all the more unpleasant.. lol I could whine forever about this so I will stop myself now.. lol bottom line I have not been out of bed except for the neccessities all week..I have popped in a few times but was barely able to keep up with reading posts let alone make a post of my own..

I will have to think about the recipe I would like to share, but I think that is such a great idea to share our favorite recipes! Coco I am going to be trying that muffin for sure!

Old 02-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #44  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Angela, dang, that is no fun! So sorry for you that you are going thru that. Hope u feel better soon.

Page, Gooood Luck Girlie! Hope it works out how you want it to!

Reji, I'm up too this week. I sure hate I will have to post a gain probably. But female bodies go thru alot and we can't worry over a week here and there that aren't great. Just keep on keeping on!

Hiya to Coco, dream, dora, bobbi, bigmid and all the other bluezers!!

Gotta go get some stuff done now!

Selina
Old 02-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #45  
Bobbi

Good Morning Blue Team,
Yes Coco, I tried the muffin yesterday but didn't record it on my diary because I ate one bite of it to taste it. The egg beater worked great in it but I didn't have enough calories left last night to eat it. (195 + 4 gram of fiber) I think they would need some sf jam on them to make them sweeter. Or maybe I didn't put enough sweetner in. I use stevia and it's hard know exactly how much to use of that. Ground Flax seeds have lots of calories in them, that's why I only put 1 Tablespoon of it on my Fiber one in the mornings plus I take a 1000mg Flax Seed oil softgel, 10 calories in it. Last week I added up all the calories I consume in my day's vitamin pack and it's 50 calories worth. Who would have thought?
I received two new dvd in the mail yesterday for grannies, I'm going down to try them out now.
What am I thankful today? Not snow as it's snowing again today! Maybe that I have an energetic hubby who loves shoveling the stuff!

Quote:
We are about Fitness and Quality of Life
We are about Fun and Friendship...
There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
We are the Blue Team!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-25-2011 at 11:51 AM.