Old 01-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #76  
Keep going!!

S/C/G: 203/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

ugh, so I've eaten 6 cookies today. SIX!! WHY?! I'm upset with myself, and frustrated because I've been doing SO WELL this week with eating and exercise, and getting my water in, and vitamins. BUT, I'm going to the gym tonight once I'm done with work, and going to do my couch to 5k running program, which really works me. And I'm going to try and not eat much for dinner, maybe just a salad. And hopefully it'll even itself out. Ugh!!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #77  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee dee dee View Post
ugh, so I've eaten 6 cookies today. SIX!! WHY?!

ok....so question #1. WHO BOUGHT THE COOKIES??? heehee throw them out!! feed the garbage disposal, or bury them in the backyard!! hahaha or give them away!!

my challenge to you: look up the total calorie content in the cookies...THEN...go to the gym and do whatever exercise is required to burn that amount of calories!!

then...the next time you EVEN THINK about eating a cookie that is not planned...you can remind yourself that it takes 30 mins riding an exercise bike at approx: 80 plus rpms covering 7 miles to burn about 250 calories!!

that is what keeps me staying as close to plan as possible hahaha

have a beautiful evening!! yeah its hump day whooop whoooop

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-20-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:23 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

Bette k - I wish you the best of luck with that weather. I don't know how below zero can be considered shorts weather. I'm from Southern California, but even living in Colorado for the past few years hasn't changed my view that anything below freezing is very very cold.

MrsVegan00 - Don't stress about the missed weigh-in. No worries! That's what the passes/freebies/whatever they're called are for. So let the weigh-in be the least of your worries.

Hungry4AChange - Awesome job with biking to the chiropractor instead of driving! Those hills can be a killer. I should probably be doing less driving and more riding...

I've been doing pretty well this week. I got out on a run on Monday (even though I was supposed to go biking and bailed on that) and yesterday I dragged myself to the gym at 6 am to go to my first masters swim class. It was exhausting but super fun. I added up all the laps later and it turns out I swam a mile! No wonder I was so exhausted! I haven't been in the pool in about six months so that explains the tiredness.

And today I somehow talked my roommate into going out for a run when it was dumping snow outside. I don't know what I was thinking, but it was absolutely beautiful, albeit a bit wet. I'm not sure I got too much out of it because I'm not tired at all but it had to be done and it was supposed to be an easy run anyways.

So yeah, food is spot-on, except for a moment of weakness last night (two unnecessary beers) and a can of Chef Boyardee for lunch today (the water weight from that sodium's probably going to stay with me for a few days...ugh) but other than that I've been cooking lean and staying away from junk.

Now I need to find the motivation to dig my car out of the snow to get a chicken for dinner tonight. We shall see how that goes.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

chickadee Don't worry about the cookies just remember tomorrow is a new day. I do like rainbows idea though of burning off the calories so next time you know they just aren't worth eating.

augeremt Good job on going running even in the snow. Now that is commitment! The masters swim club sounds fun I really want to sign up for one since I used to swim in high school. But I don't know if I can handle the early mornings and I think I want to build up my stamina more first.

I had another good day today. My eating was good except for one turtle chocolate but I stopped at one which is way better since I would normally grab 4 to 5. I really hate that there is still Christmas chocolate around my house!

But I went the the gym today and I had to drag myself there but I did it. I actually wore my gym clothes to class ( it was an 8am class so everyone was in sweats so I didn't stand out) so I had no excuse not to go. I have only been going to the gym/eating healthy for 3 days but I already feel more energized maybe it is just in my head but it is still nice.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #80  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 327.6/321.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Well, I kinda messed up today, but I kinda did something good that doesn't necessarily negate it, but at least provided damage control I can be proud of!

Today was CRAZY busy...I had company orders going out the door, deliveries coming in at the same time, a billion emails to answer, and all before noon, because I had a scheduled appointment that would take up the rest of my day, plus there's another TERRIBLE snowstorm coming into town.

The first mistake I made was sitting down to take care of shipping and emails BEFORE I had breakfast...fast forward 3 hours, and I was still working on emails. Now, it was 11 o'clock and time to start getting ready for my appointment.

Did I stop for brunch, or even a snack?

I'm ashamed to say, no, I didn't.

Of course, the appointment ran longer than expected. I sucked down a Diet Coke, which may be the only reason I remained conscious. Long story short, as of 5 pm this evening, I had not consumed even 1 single solitary usable piece of nourishment. NOT ok. Not ok at all.

Now here's the up side:

Previously, having gone so long without eating would have been my ticket to go freaking CRAZY with calories...fat girl would have been on the phone to Pizza Hut, ordering up the large with extra everything and a side of hot wings. I did not do this tonight. I told my husband that I refused to let this temporary idiocy give me a reason to cause permanent idiocy, and I grilled myself some salmon for dinner, tossed in a side of sweet green peas, a flatbread piece with fat free butter, honey and cinnamon, and a little cup of cottage cheese, and I enjoyed every single gosh-darned bite!

I may still treat myself to a little snack later, depending on how I feel when it's time for bed, but "little" would be the operative word here. I'm using the logic that one often consumes very few calories when not feeling well, and usually, people don't die from it. Nor do we usually go running right back to eating everything in sight. So why would I do that now?

Tomorrow, I resolve to pay attention to myself and eat more regularly, but today, I am proud of the small victory that was not using a slip in the wrong direction as an excuse to seriously overcompensate.

From me to myself: You did good today, self. I'm so proud!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:16 PM   #81  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavieboheme73 View Post
I grilled myself some salmon for dinner, tossed in a side of sweet green peas, a flatbread piece with fat free butter, honey and cinnamon, and a little cup of cottage cheese, and I enjoyed every single gosh-darned bite!
WHOOOOP WHOOOOOOP
I'M SOOOO PROUD OF YOU BO-LiCiOUS!!
you just showed extreme DIET MATURITY!!!
WAY TO GO!!
HUGSSS

KEEP ON ROCKIN' RED TEAM

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-19-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

You gals are hard to keep up on for personals. SO with that , THANK YOU ALL for being here and giving everyone extra support!
I'm reading when I can and wish you all the best!

Today was an on plan day for me . Bkft- SK Ceral and 1 slice whole wheat toast with a smear of peanut butter. Lunch. turkey sandwhich on wheat...
One hr later I am starving already but was happy to find a nutri-grain bar in the glove box or I was heading to BK or KFC or McD's...

I wish more days of will power to be with me and YOU ALL--- (I usually. to be honest. don;t have much).
Supper was chicken breast and a salad

BTW-- where is Shan, CanadaMel and Aclai ? Has anyone heard from them?

Last edited by BlueEyes65; 01-20-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #83  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes65 View Post
You gals are hard to keep up on for personals. SO with that , THANK YOU ALL for being here and giving everyone extra support!
I'm reading when I can and wish you all the best!

Today was an on plan day for me . Bkft- SK Ceral and 1 slice whole wheat toast with a smear of peanut butter. Lunch. turkey sandwhich on wheat...
One hr later I am starving already but was happy to find a nutri-grain bar in the glove box or I was heading to BK or KFC or McD's...

I wish more days of will power to be with me and YOU ALL--- (I usually. to be honest. don;t have much).
Supper was chicken breast and a salad
hey blueeyes....
don't have much??
willpower??

sure looks like you tapped into your inner
willpower today by NOT giving in and going
to BK, KFC or MCD's!! way to go...
oh and here is some extra for you
to use any time u need it!!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #84  

Thanks Rainbow!!You Rock!!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:32 PM   #85  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

Happy Wednesday guys!

I must say, when I signed up for this challenge, I wasn't so sure it would inspire me, but it really has motivated me to push myself!

Today I got a new scale! Much better than the last. Now I just need to stop obsessively weighing myself.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #86  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated View Post
I had another good day today. My eating was good except for one turtle chocolate but I stopped at one which is way better since I would normally grab 4 to 5. I really hate that there is still Christmas chocolate around my house!

But I went the the gym today and I had to drag myself there but I did it. I actually wore my gym clothes to class ( it was an 8am class so everyone was in sweats so I didn't stand out) so I had no excuse not to go. I have only been going to the gym/eating healthy for 3 days but I already feel more energized maybe it is just in my head but it is still nice.
WOOOOHOOOO

....YOU HAD A GOOD DAY
....1 TURTLE instead of 5!!!
AND SWEATIN' AT THE GYM TOO!!!
YOU REALLY DID HAVE ONE AWESOME DAY
....RATED YOU ARE ONE AWESOME
RED TEAM PLAYER YOU!!
WHOOOP WHOOOOP!!!
GET YOUR SWEATS ON!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #87  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Oh no, someone mentioned cookies, I've been wanting a chocolate chip cookie for 2 days now. Actually I've been wanting about 5 or 6 of them with a big glass of milk. Its TOM for me and I am having some sugar cravings...ugh.

Hope you are all holding strong!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #88  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnycow126 View Post
Happy Wednesday guys!

I must say, when I signed up for this challenge, I wasn't so sure it would inspire me, but it really has motivated me to push myself!

Today I got a new scale! Much better than the last. Now I just need to stop obsessively weighing myself.

YEAH!!!! BEAUTIFUL SKINNYCOW....
YOU GOT A NEW SCALE!! :
YOU SOOOO DESERVE TO HAVE ONE...
YOU ONE-DERFUL ONE-DERLAND-FABULOUS-CHIC YOU!!
go ahead...and enjoy your scales for a little while...
then just keep on doing what you've been doing...cause YOU'RE DOIN' IT!!
WOOHOOO

ROCK ON RED!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-20-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I'm here (raises hand sheepishly). Thanks for wondering blue eyes. I only get to check in once maybe twice per day. It's great that everyone is SO chatty, and using each other for motivation & accountability. I love the mantra 'tomorrow is a new day'. I used to beat myselfup on a regular basis when I would fall off the wagon, but I now realize that there is no wagon to fall off, this is my new life & sometimes we don't make the beat choices, but that doesn't give us free reign to tailspin. It just means we dig our heels in and strat whe we left off.
Rainbowsmiles- were you ever a cheerleader? 'cause your spunk & enthusiasm is amazing.
I'm terrible at personals, so forgive the blanket comment- but keep up the great work Red Team!

Last edited by CanadaMel; 01-19-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:36 PM   #90  

It's good to hear from you Mel

When I started this, 3 challenges ago you were here . I feel we followed the journey together(last one I couldn'nt follow through tho--.( Sorry Rainbow--I thought I had a GOOD EXCUSE ) Mel, you have figured it out and I'm happy for you. This time I'm going to get it...

You FLEW by me. and Terapet. she blew me away!

Last edited by BlueEyes65; 01-19-2011 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Was wondering about Shan? Will let her respond when she wants to...Wish u well Shan!