Old 01-13-2011, 10:59 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Girls,

I am sitting here trying to decide whether to brave the icy streets to get to work. I am soooo over sitting at home but afraid of driving on icy hills. I miss my Y classes. Sigh.

I have been struggling to get back to my food plan since the holidays. Yesterday was my classic "good all day until evening" thing when I indulged in several things to eat that I have no business getting even within smelling distance if I intend to live a healthy and slim lifestyle. I am going to do it today though. Enough is enough!

CourtneyDaisy-Sorry to hear about your car situation. It is hard to balance the car payment versus car repairs dilemma. Hope you and your car are better soon.

rainbowsmiles-I love your enthusiasm. Let's get it done!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #92  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

ROCK ON RED TEAM

CALLING ALL RED TEAM MEMBERS: i was checking over our team list...and we are sooo close to being 100% listed on the RED TEAM WEIGH IN THREAD.... so if you ladies know any of the members who have NOT signed in, please take time to jot them a message...and encourage them to all POST IN...so no one misses out!!

FLUFFYDIVAH29, ERINJO04, DONNAKAYEE, TERAPET

I am super excited about having a RED TEAM...and having others know what you are going through makes all the difference!!! So please...if you are reading this, and have not yet signed in...please do so!! Or if you are reading this and see someone YOU CAN ENCOURAGE....maybe they got busy, or they forgot, of they are having a bad week....maybe we can just encourage them to sign in....and make it a NEW DAY!!!

COME ON TEAM....WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER...NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO LOSE!!! WE ARE A TEAM!! WE ROCK!!
Old 01-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #93  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Thanks Rainbow smiles. You're all over these chats offering encouragement. Terapet, I feel your pain. I was good all day yesterday until I decided to have a glass of wine while making dinner. Big mistake. Out went my will power and one thing lead to another.

Today is a new day. No wine tonight!

Keep going RED!
Old 01-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #94  
Restarting AGAIN

S/C/G: 167/114/140/see ticker/105

Height: not quite 5'

Go TEAM Red!

I'm on track for today, morning workout done, heading out to the do jang with the kids for the late afternoon/evening... they will bug me into joining them for the last class. And as a bonus, no food available to snack on before dinner. Win-win.

JayTee - today is indeed a new day. I have that problem with wine too. The calories in one glass are easy to account for, it's the tendency to lose focus after drinking it and eat everything in sight that gets me as well.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

JayTee - I have a bottle of white wine in the fridge that needs to be finished before it goes funky. There's about a glass left. I may just drain it tomorrow night and be done with it.

Terapet - Thanks for the kind words about my car situation. We did get the Expedition fixed today. One car fixed and one to go!

I did hit the gym today and did 60 minutes on the elliptical! I was so pleased! I couldn't help but notice the girl on the elliptical beside me. She was young, probably either a high school senior or college freshman. I was doing Crossramp 6 Resistance 4. She was doing Crossramp 18 Resistance 8! I just about died watching her but she was going to town on that piece of equipment! Talk about motivation! I was pumped just watching her! That helped me to stay motivated while I was working out too. someday I hope to rock the elliptical as much as this gal did today! It was cool to see!

Sadly I have to go back to work tomorrow. Snowcation 2011 will be over. Oh well. I knew it would have to end sometime.

Last edited by CourtneyDaisey; 01-13-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #96  
Keep going!!

S/C/G: 203/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Hey red team!

Lavie- That stinks about the weight discrepancy!

Courtney- I completely understand the car situation. My DH and I are down to one car right now. Mine finally bit the dust in September. The brakes are totally shot, and it would cost more to fix than the car is worth so we decided to call it quits with that one. The one car between two of us has been working out OK. It saves on gas money anyway! But I'm glad you got yours fixed. It can be stressful.

JayTee- Yesterday was yesterday and today is today, we all mess up once in awhile, what's important is that you get back on the wagon! You can do it!!

Rainbowsmiles- I love your enthusiasm, and your positive attitude your posts always make me smile

Doing pretty well here. It was tough going with the gym for me today, work was really long and boring, and I didn't feel like going but I made myself go. I'm glad I did now. So far have been on plan all week with eating too, so yay!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #97  
wen

S/C/G: SW 215 CW 205 GW 160

Love reading all the posts. Keep it up everyone!

I'm doing good on the WW program, which is all new to me. I think so far that it is a great tool to get back on track with eating better and portion control. Just now getting out of the staying hungry stage. Can't wait to weigh in Sunday to see a weeks result.

I had some great workouts last weekend and still feel better/stronger for it, but this week has been tough due to migraines... I haven't been able to exercise all week. I'm hoping tomorrow night I can get back on track. Having the migraines make it so so hard to do the right thing when it comes to lunch & dinner and to stick with water instead of soda - I just want to give in and say the heck with it as I just don't feel good enough to take care with eating right...but I have managed to stick it out.

Watched Biggest Loser again this week - they really do motivate me!! If they can, I can.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #98  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

GO RED TEAM GO
WE ARE GOING TO ROCK THIS CHALLENGE!!!

INTERESTING TID BITS OF INFO I READ TODAY!!

"Wearing something RED - even if it's just a watch or shoes - makes you feel energized, more confident, and happier all day." says color therapist Leatrice Eiseman

Did you know???? RED is the Rainbows most stimulating hue, studies show JUST LOOKING AT IT...can rev up your metabolism!!

OK....RED TEAM....WEAR SOMETHING RED ALL WEEKEND...
AND KICK BUTT IN THE LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!!!!

ROCK ON RED TEAM!! BOOYAH!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 12:54 AM   #99  
Restarting AGAIN

S/C/G: 167/114/140/see ticker/105

Height: not quite 5'

Well, no Tae Kwon Do tonight, but at least I got in a workout this morning. I was pretty bummed, but I had told the kids it was up to them and they were beat and wanted to go home an hour early instead of staying for the family class tonight.

Tomorrow morning - Leg workout and nothing planned for the evening.

G'night all - Go Team Red!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:06 AM   #100  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Sorry no time for personals the last couple of days. My life hit a rock and slammed my body into it hard today. Found out the school I'm at has decided not to renew my contract. So I have to find another job or decide what I'm going to do for the next year. At least I have 6 months to figure it out. But I'm a mess right now...so again, sorry for no personals.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and don't forget to post your weigh in before Sunday night.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

shna84-Wow, that is some bad news! I am so sorry. Try not to let it rock you too much. Be empowered.

Last edited by TERAPET; 01-14-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #102  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

So I figured I better hop in and introduce myself.

I'm Dori, a 30 y/o mom, wife, and Special Education teacher. I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, so I decided this year would be the year I would do something about it. I'm following WW's and so far I'm doing good. I'm hoping to join a gym in the area at the end of the month and that will allow me to get in the much needed exercise. Well I must run for now. My students will be arriving in a few short minutes. I look forward to getting to know you all.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:21 AM   #103  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Shan - Sorry to hear about that. At least you still have some time to figure things out.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #104  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default I Found You All!!!!!

I saw this thread for the blue team but I guess I kept missing the red team thread.

This might be long, I'm kind of long winded . . . I'm 41, new to the whole weight loss thing (until an accident on the job, ten years ago, I never weighed over 138, sorry, but that was me) Now, I'm ready to be back where I was . . . so 3 months ago I announced to my roommate "I'm tired of being fat . . . and so it goes.

My basic philosophy is "Move more, eat less" and eat less is actually eating healthier, e.g. making better choices. (I still have chocolate, I allow myself 5 dark chocolate hershey kisses per day, it's more of a mental thing for me and you can't save them up, it's a use them or lose them . . .) besides I don't want my body to freak out when I have a goodie or two once I reach my goal.

I started with the BL Last chance workout and now rotate that DVD with Jillian's 30 Day Shred and her Six-week, Six pack abs . . . BUT I ordered the Zumba DVDS and am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for them to arrive !!!!! I think I saw a few people doing Zumba . . . I'm still reading everyones intro . . .

OK, I told you I'm long winded . . . UGH and Oh No . . . yup that's me

Hope everyone is having a great week, I'm so excited for Sunday to arrive so we can all post our NEW weights.

Lets see how much BUTTER we can melt away . . .

Last edited by MadamButterfly; 01-14-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:33 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Welcome MadamButterfly and Ladybug

Shan - That stinks! I am so sorry your life is in turmoil at the moment. I have confidence that you will persevere and find something else soon.

I am back at work today and on lunch break right now. Man...seeing 92 emails in my inbox was not fun! I am slowly digging my way through them. It is going to be a very long day.