Old 01-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #16  
wen

S/C/G: SW 215 CW 205 GW 160

Height: 5'5"

Hi Red Team!

My name is Wen. I'm new to the 3FC boards and The Biggest Loser Challenge, and I am looking forward to joining in! I appreciate all of the team leader's work on this!

I'm 37 years old and I have been happily married to my DH for 17 years. I do have a very stressful job in finance. During 2008/2009 I had lost about 30 lbs with my "own" diet/lifestyle change. I was exercising regularly..eliptical, weights, biking, hiking and enjoying the great outdoors very often. I really felt good and was proud of myself. In late 2009 and 2010 my job became more stressful which has caused me to let go as I stay stressed out. I've gained back the 30 lbs plus 10 lbs more. I'm now at my highest weight ever...215 lbs. I'm ashamed of myself for not sticking with it. I was very skinny as a child and in my 20's...very active in sports. I had no idea I could get this big, but it crept up on me over time.

I must say sugar/soda is my biggest weakness along with eating out because it is too easy. I'm now dropping the soda and have started using WW for the first time (mostly for a guide/accountability). I also began a new exercise program for myself this weekend as well. I believe exercise is key for me as I get no exercise during working hours (sitting at a PC all day).

Good luck everyone!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:29 AM   #17  

S/C/G: SW:155 /CW:146 /GW:135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning red team! My name is Rachel and I am 42 with a 2 year old! I have a busy life as a mom and a teacher. I live in Victoria, Canada. I have lost weight before with the weight watchers program so I hope this challenge, coupled by following WW will help me loose and keep off the weight. I would like to loose 20 lbs, but I hope to loose around 8 lbs by the time I go on my trip to Hawaii (Jan 31st-Feb 10th). I guess I will use my free week during that time.
Go red!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all! My name is Mel, I'm 43, married for 14 years, we have 3 kids & I work p-t in retail. I'm an American who lives in Calgary. I started my lifestyle change in Jan 2009 and have participated in just about every challenge since then.
This time I'm looking to step up my exercise with my xbox kinect, your fitness evolved game. Walking the dog is good exercise for maintaining, but I'd like to drop some more poundage. I am happy to report I did not gain over the holidays!
Looking forward to getting to know the new members & happy to see lots of familiar names too. Have a great day!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Hi ... My name is Jessica , this is my challenge #4, miss the pass one.
I star on ww on nov 2008 , the i got pregnant on janury 2009 , i manege to gaing just 13 pounds, since myDD born i have lose like 23 pounds ... Rigth now i weight 2 to 3 pounds from my low weight , thanks to hollidays.
My original goal was 125 , then i lowe it to 115 been stuck since agoust i think.
Well nice to met you all.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

I do apologize for not replying back to everyone, but it's so nice to get to meet the other folks on this totally awesome team! I can't wait to see everyone here shooting for the stars and reaching their goals! It's so great to see folks participating who are just getting started in their journeys as well as eagerly watching as others are nearing the finish line to their goal weights! GO TEAM RED!!!!!!

Last night we got a decent amount of snow in the Atlanta area and have about an inch of ice under the snow. So I am home from work today because the schools are closed. No school means my daughter's day care is closed. The wind is howling outside and it's really cold! I saw far worse when I lived in Fargo, ND but around here this is pretty bad for the south. If my gym is open today I will see if I can go in but if not I'll see about doing some "Walk Away The Pounds" at home.

Last edited by CourtneyDaisey; 01-10-2011 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Added a second paragraph
Old 01-10-2011, 11:51 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Mel- Congrats on the gain-free holiday! I didn't do as well, but I'm just .8 away from getting back to my pre-Christmas weight.

Jessica- You look great in your photo. Cute dress!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:03 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 256/205.2/199

Height: 5'1

Hi Red Team!!
My name is Nic! I am 25 & live in Pennsylvania with my awesome DH and our perfect 3 month old daughter!! I have struggled with my weight my entire life! My highest weight was 256. I was 218 prior to getting pregnant with my daughter, lost all my pregnancy weight, and I am now 211! I was excited to say goodbye to the pregnancy weight and I am now excited to say goodbye to the 200's! I look forward to winning this challenge with all of you wonderful ladies!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:25 PM   #23  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Hi all,

I'm Rachel, and live in a suburb of Phoenix, Arizona. I've been married for nearly two years, no kids, just a spoiled cat.

I've been overweight quite literally my entire life. I've been on and off working at this for over a year and was quite sad to realize that on New Year's, I was only 20 pounds lighter than I had been last New Year's.

I am a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding in June, so that's a good motivator, but really, I am ready to be thin for the first time in my life.

I am counting calories and doing quite a mix of exercise, so I don't get bored. I run, do the EA Sports thing on PS3 Move, use P90X, Insanity and AeroBarre dvds. My absolute favorite workout, however is Zumba. I even became a certified instructor in August. I only teach one class a week at my work, but I do Zumba workouts on my own and in classes as well.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better in the coming weeks!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #24  

Hey Rachel- I only lost 16 lbs last year so I understand the frustration with feeling like it's going to slow, but at least it's going! I'm a bridesmaid in June too! Have you gotten measured for your dress yet? I need to go do that soon. I'm nervous because I keep hearing how small the dresses run!

okay, I just noticed way too many exclaimation points. Sorry, guess I'm that girl today.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #25  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Wow, so many people to get to know here on the Red Team!

What activity does everyone have planned for today? I've got a Biggest Loser wii workout on tap for this evening, plus a C25K run.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #26  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi all!

I'm new to the chat boards and this is my second attempt at making it through a season with you all. I'm 54, married, and really have no reason to "eat my feelings," but I have a tendency to do that anyway. But, it's a New Year/New Me(US) and with all the chat and support WE CAN do this! I love the show and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

Have a great week. Eat healthy, get to the gym and "get r' done!"

:-)
Old 01-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #27  
Breathe the pressure

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5' 9"

Hi everyone! I'm GypsyLove and I'm 28 years old from NJ. I've been struggleing my whole life with my weight like many others. I plan to use portion control for my dieting and running for my cardio. I'm also part of the Mayor's wellness challenge in my town that just started today and will end in May so I'll be weighing in there as well. Good luck everyone!
Old 01-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! My name is Katie and I live in NC with my husband and toddler daughter. I'm new to 3FC, so I'm very excited that I discovered the site just in time to join the challenge! I joined WW the beginning of October and so far I've lost just over 20 lbs. My main goal in joining the challenge is give myself a kick in the pants regarding exercise. Workouts have been very spotty, so that is my main area of needed improvement.

The beginning of 2010 was a really rough, stressful time for my family because my daughter started having seizures at 8 months old and even ended up in the hospital for several days. She's doing really well now on anti-seizure medication (seizure-free for 9 months!), but it took awhile for me to come out of the "fog". When I did come out of the fog, I realized that my weight had really gotten out of control. I was almost 30 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight and had almost doubled the amount that I needed to lose. My husband and I joined WW and we're both doing really well, since we're able to support each other along the way. Anyway, I feel really empowered and just in a really healthy mental/emotional state right now and I'm so looking forward to the new year! Can't wait to get started!
Old 01-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
What activity does everyone have planned for today?
I'm going to quick cram in C25K week 5, day1 after work before I head out to watch Auburn win the national championship! (on TV, I wish I was in AZ)
Old 01-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #30  

Hey All....
I'm just going to jump right in here. My name's Vanetta and I am currently living in Seattle. I've played the lose 100lbs, gain it back game and am tired of kicking myself over it. So, here I am. I haven't done one of these challenges in a couple of years, and I am excited to be a part of this RED team.
What else about me....I'm 47 and I am following the new WW program. For excercise I walk, and will be starting the Power 90 dvd's. By the end of the year, I would like to do get through c25k.
You'll see me on here Mon - Fri during the work day. I've worked in IT for 28 years and the last thing I want to do when I get home is look at a computer screen.
Have a great Monday ! ! !