Old 01-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 235/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Morning Blue Team!

My name's Nancy and this is my 3rd challenge. I haven't been super chatty the last 2, so this one I vow to be around more. I been trying to lose weight for the past 2 years and have lost 40lbs so far, mostly doing Weight Watchers. But I haven't really lost any in the last year (I gained what i did lose back over the xmas season) so I'm determined to get to goal by the end of this year! I signed up for WW pro points online, so I'll see how the new program works and I plan on working out 5 days a week.

I'm 32, single with no kids. I live in Calgary where I manage a photo lab (same company as Jacky (bigmid), who is one of my best friends, so we try to keep each other motivated.

Good luck to everyone!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Hello folks! I was just popping over from the Red Team to cheer you all on and wish you the best in reaching all of your goals! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

I can't want to see everyone's progress!
Old 01-10-2011, 11:27 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Wow, chatty ladies! lol.

My name is Angela, and this is my 3rd challenge that I'm going to complete and unfortunately I had to drop out of the last challenge due to a gallbladder problem.

I've lost almost 40 pounds now and I have another 20 or 30 pounds to go. Not sure what I want my goal weight to be yet. I'm 29 years old and happily married for 8 1/2 years. I have a 7 year old and a 5 year old, both boys. My family is wonderful! I work as a casual nurses aide, but only work a few days a month to get out of the house, I'm mostly a stay at home mom which I love! I do struggle with anxiety and overeating, but I'm trying to stay active OUTDOORS and eat healthy to aleviate the symptoms of the anxiety.

Looking forward to this challenge!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #34  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Are we having fun yet?
Laurie...I'm a calorie counter too and due to my short height (5'3") I have to stay under 1200 calories to lose weight. I'm mostly concerned with my belly fat and exercise is out for me while I'm under chiropractor care (3 times a week). He told me today I can walk. I live out in the country and we have snow everywhere. I think walking around our acreage through all the snow drifts are going to give me plenty of exercise for the day. I'll take my faithful dog with me, he'll love it.
Have a skinny day everyone!
Bobbi

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-10-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #35  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

I'm Kris and this is my second BL challenge. I will do better this time around. Unfortunately I've allowed myself to fall back into old habits and have put myself several months behind in my weight loss. Trying to take myself back to the basics and go from there.

Welcome everyone!
Old 01-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #36  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 154/148/115

Height: 4'11"

Welcome back everybody and welcome to the new people! Can't wait to get to know yall better.

I used to count calories, too, and it worked great, but this time around I'm breastfeeding, so I'm just making sure I eat better without cutting out too much.

I also used to set goals for the week as far as weight loss was concerned but honestly my goal is just to make sure I work out every day so I can get into a new habit this new year. I just finished working out my arms--they feel like limp noodles--and I'll get to the legs later while I watch tv. Then cardio tomorrow. I was planning on running but I have a bone spur in my heel and hurt my toe, so we'll see how it goes. I need to get started training though, because I'd like to run a 5k or 10k this year. But I say that every year, lol.

Last edited by inklestinkle; 01-10-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Just popping in to say hey! How is everyone's first day on the challenge going??
I'm so psyched about this challenge that I didnt allow myself to sabbotage my workout today, lol.. I am in training for my new job position and I had an hr lunch, I had planned on working out then but got busy chatting on the phone and told myself when I got off work I would workout.. well I got off work and wanted to just relax but nope, I would not let myself sit down until I did something! plus I just got a nifty new heart rate monitor and I wanted to try it out, LOL.. so I did the 30 day shred (second time to do it, gets easier each time for sure but still a killer workout!) and was proud of myself for exercising. I truly want to be down at least 20 lbs at the end of this challenge but Im a slow loser so that is gonna take help on my part with exercise, so I just gotta get up and DO IT, lol.. how are you all doing?
Old 01-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #38  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone! I am Judy, 51, married with 2 grown sons who live on the other side of the country. I am a bookkeeper and just started a new job December 1. Not sure yet if it's a "keeper".

I have struggled with my weight since childhood. Been up, down and everywhere in between. I lost almost 50 pounds a while back, but have been stuck in a rut for the past year.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and having a great Challenge.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #39  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

This is my Day 2. My first day was a rest day for exercise, that is because tonight I have my first group personal training session. The first session was meant to be last Thursday but it got called off. I have never had a personal trainer before and I am worried about my fitness. I hope I can do it. I will have a group personal training session twice a week from today. There will be 5 in the group.

I will also try Zumba in two weeks time when the classes start back up again. We are in Summer school holidays at the moment. Apart from this I am WATP, walking around my suburb and Wii games. I also have an exercise bike. I think I am more than ready exercise wise.

For my diet I am doing WW Propoints. I started in December. I have already lost 1.4kg since I weighed in for this Challenge. I have been religiously tracking though so I can learn the Propoint values. Tracking and planning are key for weightloss, as I am learning.

I also need to shed emotional baggage. I have tried losing weight a few times but until I have dealt with those issues that cause me stress and to emotionally eat. I am going to keep yo - yoing. This year I feel more determined than ever, may 2011 be lighter and the most positive year ever.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #40  

Hi everyone,
I hope you are all having a great day 1 and are sticking to plan. I'm starving today for some reason. I get this way sometimes (think it's some sort of stomache issue) I could have just eaten and I feel like I am starving. Weird but staying OP. Didn't exercise today I'm working the late shift, but I took the bus so had to walk and it's freezing here so body is working hard to stay warm

Hello and welcome back: Dora, Soon2BFitChick, Matilda08, Laurie, Nancy, Angela and Kris

Hello and welcome to: reji, Vivian, John, Vanessa, Glenda, Summer, Debbie, and Judy.

It sounds like you all have some very good plans in place and are determined to make this your year. Remember we are all here for the same purpose so if anything starts to fall back into old habits your best solution is to come and post. We are here for each other for encouragement, support, and just to say hi.
I find the more I come and post the better I am at staying on track. I hope you all find this too. Also remember that in order to be the BL for the week or at the end you must post at least once during the week, every week.

I hope you all have a great night and any questions you may have please feel free to ask them here. Someone will always answer.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #41  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to wish everyone a good night! I had a great workout today. I also feel full, but not sick! Sounds strange, but that is an accomplishment for me. I am looking forward to having some hot tea, then heading to bead early.

I am learning how to cook, and made a really good roasted Eggplant parm recipe. The tomato sauce was fresh and bright, and well worth the 300 cals a serving.
I hope everyone has a great day 2! I am planning to get a run/walk in and then get some errands done.
Since I am currently not working, I am trying to do most of the cooking. It is a scary proposition, since until a couple of months ago I would say that I didn't go into the kitchen without adult supervision.
Truly, I am the only person I know who has sent themselves to the hospital from their own cooking!!!
The good news is that I don't really have any truly bad habits to break, and my family is glad they don't have to do it!
Can't wait to catch up with everyone tomorrow!

Last edited by vdander24; 01-10-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 270/257/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,
This is my first challenge. I started with a trainer in June and have lost 13lbs from my high of 270. I am getting stronger, but need to work on the cardio, sleep and food. I am a terrible tracker, so I am trying to work on that. I am 45, married-24 years, with 4 boys, 22,20,17,14. Today was a great day, except for sleep. I tracked my food, stayed on track for calories, had a training session and did 1 hour of cardio! On to day two....

Good luck to each and every one of you...we can do this.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:42 AM   #43  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Blue Team Members!!!

It's been a pretty good first day, POP, increased time on elliptical from 6 min up to 11 min I found this pretty neat place for tracking your calories - you enter the food, it looks it up and puts it into your daily intake for you, adds it up as you go, so you know where you are and analyzes it not only in carbs, proteins and fats but all the nutrients. You can also log your exercise to see if you are in a negative calorie mode or not. There's a toolbar too that can be seen every time you're in your browser, showing your pounds lost and how far on the calorie consumption scale you are for that day. I really love it and maybe you will too (it's free)

http://caloriecount.about.com

Good to see such good activity here, hope to talk to you tomorrow.

Dora
Old 01-11-2011, 07:26 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Morning Everyone! Today starts my official second round. Excited and nervous to see what the next 4 weeks hold. We are suppose to be getting anywhere from 4-8 inches of snow between today and tomorrow. So hoping we may have a snow day tomorrow! Feel like a kid wishing for snow days. Hate making them up at the end of the school year but love being home im my pj's!

Dora-So glad to have you back!!! You are going to do fabulous! (((hugs)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlll View Post
Hi everyone! This is my first challenge and hope it helps motivate me to lose the baby weight (my baby just turned 7!!!).
My baby was eighteen when I finally started getting this weight off. When I hit the 160's in November it had been the first time I had seen them since I got prego with her!!! lol!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoLoco View Post
Hey everyone =] A little about me, I am 32 and have been married to an amazing man for 6 years, no kids yet, but 2 dogs that I adore. I am currently between jobs, which is giving me far too much time to sit around and think about food.

I always find it hard to stay on track in the summer when I am off. So I understand where you are coming from. You can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdander24 View Post
Hey Blue Team!!! Ditto on the excited to be here! I am Vivian. I am 37 and live just outside Los Angeles. I am single, but VERY committed to my partner of five years. I am unemployed after working 15 years for the same company. So, I am going back to school to finally become a nurse.
Congrats on going back to school! Isn't it exciting to be starting all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar2011 View Post
Hi everyone. John here. My start weight is 323.5... I'm 50, I've been hovering around 330 for quite a while. I figure it's time to lose the weight I'll be doing a lot of exercise, and I hope I'll be able to help the team.
Welcome John so nice to have a man around!I finally got my brother to start with me this year. He is very close to 500 lbs. and is 50 too. He is finally ready to give up the food and he is looking forward to a different life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumtoliam View Post
Hi everyone! I am a newbie and excited! My name is Vanessa. I am 35, single mum to a 6 and 3/4 year old son and an assistant primary school principal. i live in Australia, and I am enjoying Summer school holidays.
Welcome! I work in a primary school too! Just love that age!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2fat View Post
Hello all. My name is Glenda. I am a wife and mother of a 11 year old DD and 4 year old DS. I work as a Business Office Manager for a Nursing Home in Raleigh. This is my first challenge! I am very excited. Since my weight loss journey began I have lost 22lbs.
Great job on losing 22 lbs so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Hi everyone!I'm Summer, and I'm really excited to start this challenge. I'm 25, and just got engaged to the sweetest man in the world !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyO View Post
Morning Blue Team!My name's Nancy and this is my 3rd challenge. I haven't been super chatty the last 2, so this one I vow to be around more.

I have been the same way this last challenge. Plan on being on here more often Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songstress65 View Post
Hi Everyone,
This is my first challenge. I started with a trainer in June and have lost 13lbs from my high of 270. I am getting stronger, but need to work on the cardio, sleep and food. I am a terrible tracker, so I am trying to work on that. I am 45, married-24 years, with 4 boys, 22,20,17,14.
I am the same way I could work my butt off and barely lose any weight if I don't watch every single thing I put into my mouth. Great job on losing 13 lbs so far!

"Hi" to everyone else!

Have a great Tuesday! Looking forward to BL tonite!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #45  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Blue Team
I agree with you Jackie, posting daily helps me stay OP. I had a great 1st day yesterday and posting on the menu thread certainly helps too. I like to see what others are eating, give me new ideas.
Quote:
I find the more I come and post the better I am at staying on track. I hope you all find this too. Also remember that in order to be the BL for the week or at the end you must post at least once during the week, every week.
Dora...I use Fitday to record my daily foods but I'm going to check out the one you posted.
John...Ditto
Quote:
Welcome John so nice to have a man around

You all have a great day, looks like we have a school delay this morning........lots more snow last night. DH will get his exercise shoveling.