Old 10-03-2010, 10:16 PM   #1  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Default Red Team Fall Focus Chat Thread Week 3 (10/4-10/10)

Hello Red Team! Good job on completing another week.

I will be doing our totals up later today.

Right now I can tell you we do have some people who must weigh in next week or they will no longer be official members of the team.

So far we are two weeks in and here is where freebies stand:

1 Freebie Used:
KimL1214
lindalee9
sha25
LeslieLou
grneyegrl
bette k
BlueEyes65
Luckybustert
alwe74

2 Freebies Used: Must weigh in next week to stay an official member of the team.

Jen
criseyde
djsullivan135
tinabinab
enigma27
TriHarder
GettinFit
Hickory0305
twinkletoes23
toughchick

Last edited by shan84; 10-03-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:17 PM   #2  
MeTime

One more time:

We have a new banner thanks to NancyO from the blue team! You can add it to your signature by right clicking on it, save as onto your computer. Then go to user cp at the top left of your page. Click on edit signature. Add signature picture.

Enjoy!!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

I'm so sorry red team I missed WI.
I was/am down 4 lbs this week.... Just got home from having hubby in ER. ( he will be ok, 2nd degree burns...) I have hubby tucked away in bed ...Going to join him now. I'm still with you all!

GO RED TEAM!!!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:48 PM   #4  
MeTime

Red team results:

Biggest Loser:
shan84, -6.5lbs, -2.38%

Honorable mentions:
Serval87, -4lbs, -1.79%
CanadaMel, -2.8lbs, -1.78%
julie99s, -4lbs, -1.69%

Please note, you have to post at least once a week in order to be eligible for biggest loser or honorable mentions.

Special congrats goes to our unofficial honorable mention sylv, -5.8lbs, -1.96% .

Congrats ladies on a great week 2. Remember, just because the cut off time for weigh in is Sunday nights at 10 AST (Atlantic Standard Time (i.e. Canada, Nova Scotia, etc.)) doesn't mean you have to wait until then to weigh in for the week.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:49 PM   #5  
MeTime

Blueeyes- Congrats on your loss! Save it for next week and add to it!! Hope your hubby is ok.

Last edited by shan84; 10-03-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan84 View Post
Blueeyes- Congrats on your loss! Save it for next week and add to it!! Hope your hubby is ok.
Congrats to you on your loss!

Thank you !
Old 10-03-2010, 11:22 PM   #7  

Quote:
Red team results:

Biggest Loser:
shan84, -6.5lbs, -2.38%

Honorable mentions:
Serval87, -4lbs, -1.79%
CanadaMel, -2.8lbs, -1.78%
julie99s, -4lbs, -1.69%

Please note, you have to post at least once a week in order to be eligible for biggest loser or honorable mentions.

Special congrats goes to our unofficial honorable mention sylv, -5.8lbs, -1.96% .

Congrats ladies on a great week 2. Remember, just because the cut off time for weigh in is Sunday nights at 10 AST (Atlantic Standard Time (i.e. Canada, Nova Scotia, etc.)) doesn't mean you have to wait until then to weigh in for the week.

Congrats to the losers!

I think it would be helpful if the deadline for weigh-in were 10pm in a time zone in the middle of the continent. Sure, we don't have to wait but I'm equally sure we all lead busy lives and have many commitments besides this one. The bottom line is that 10pm AST is a VERY convenient deadline for people on the east coast, but may not be so convenient to folks on the west coast who have to work, fix dinner for the family, etc., earlier in the day. I think it gives participants on the east coast an unfair advantage timewise over west coasters - they have the entire day to post their weight and we have a deadline that's much earlier, rather than in the evening when we'd normally have time to sit down at the computer. I remembered I needed to post my weigh in, but I missed the deadline by a couple of hours tonight. Unfortunately I can envision that happening again pretty easily.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:32 PM   #8  
MeTime

Luckybuster- The weigh in time is something that has been discussed intensely and it will not be changing at this point in time. I understand your opinion on it, however, that is why we say over and over again you do not have to wait until Sunday night to weigh in. Personally, I am on a completely different continent because I live in South Korea. But, as leader, I do honor the time zone weigh in time and monitor it with my own time zone and make time during my Monday morning here to do weigh in results on Sunday night for all of you. I apologize that you missed weigh in. Good luck for next week.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:48 PM   #9  

Hi everyone the results for week 2 are now posted

Have a great week everyone.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #10  

Quote:
Luckybuster- The weigh in time is something that has been discussed intensely and it will not be changing at this point in time. I understand your opinion on it, however, that is why we say over and over again you do not have to wait until Sunday night to weigh in. Personally, I am on a completely different continent because I live in South Korea. But, as leader, I do honor the time zone weigh in time and monitor it with my own time zone and make time during my Monday morning here to do weigh in results on Sunday night for all of you. I apologize that you missed weigh in. Good luck for next week.
Thanks. I didn't think it would be changing, but the fact that it's been discussed that intensely should be a clue that it's not an easy one to meet. If the goal is to help people be successful in their weight loss journey, making it easier for them to participate and comply with the rules usually goes a long way. By the way, this is not directed at you or anyone in particular....I'm just frustrated because it's an incredibly difficult time for me to post by and I am so swamped at work right now that I'm doing good to remember my name this week, must less some crazy weigh-in time that, based on the number of people who missed weigh-in this week, doesn't seem to be working all that well. Ok, enough, I had my say. Think I'm going to go watch Dexter and hit the bed at a decent hour tonight.

Am trying to decide what exercise to add and how/when to work into my schedule. What works well for members of the red team?
Old 10-04-2010, 01:42 AM   #11  

Just a quick note about WI time.....It is posted in the FAQ segment so everyone would have know about WI time before signing up for the challange.
If anyone thinks there is a chance you may miss WI time you can add your current weight now for all the weeks and edit them later if you make it to the computer to do so before that Sundays 10pm AST cut off.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:53 AM   #12  

Quote:
One more time:

We have a new banner thanks to NancyO from the blue team! You can add it to your signature by right clicking on it, save as onto your computer. Then go to user cp at the top left of your page. Click on edit signature. Add signature picture.

Enjoy!!
I LOVE the banner! It's gorgeous! When I tried to add it as a signature picture it wouldn't accept the file. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes65 View Post
I'm so sorry red team I missed WI.
I was/am down 4 lbs this week.... Just got home from having hubby in ER. ( he will be ok, 2nd degree burns...) I have hubby tucked away in bed ...Going to join him now. I'm still with you all!

GO RED TEAM!!!!!
So sorry about your husband! Hope he heals fast!

WTG everyone! I couldn't weigh in this week cause I got off track but I'm back on track now. Congrats to all losers this week! (that sounds funny)
Old 10-04-2010, 10:08 AM   #13  
banned

Yay!! I'm so excited to have made honorable mention! This is definitely motivating! Keep up the great work, ladies! Go team Red!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:23 AM   #14  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to all the losers this week!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #15  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

I hope your hubby is ok, Blueeyes. Praying for a speedy recovery

Congrats to everyone last week!

I'm finally feeling better. I was out of comissision for 4 days, and the house is falling apart because of it (so much catching up to do), but I am better. Felt really good to get back to the gym today.