Old 08-19-2010, 03:20 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

Hi blue team, I'm so sorry that I ended up having to drop out of the challenge. I should have planned when to use my freebies - lesson learned!
Anyway, you ladies are doing great, and I'll be for you all.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #17  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Mercy03 - Keep it up....glad you feel better with the exercising.
Thanks Bigmid!

I just noticed your weight loss from the 2 challenges that we have been on,awesome accomplishment chica.As for me? I am the master at losing the same 5 pounds,over and over again
Old 08-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #18  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/178

Height: 5'11''

Hi Everyone! I am finally back online again. I had a great mini-vaca last weekend celebrating my anniversary with my husband. We went to Charleston, SC. I had told myself I would not go overboard, but I did let myself splurge on some great food. I did not get back in time for weigh-in so I used a Freebie, but Monday morning I had a 2 pound gain. As of this morning those are gone and I am down from my last true weigh in.

In order to get some exercise in on my trip I suggested to the hubs that we rent bikes to see the city, and he agreed. We biked the entire day Saturday seeing all the historic sites and had a blast. I think that is what saved me from not gaining more.

I can't believe the challenge is already near the end. It seems like summer just started and poof it's gone. Has everyone else had a good summer? This is the first summer I can remember in years that I have been able to actually "do" things. I used to be inside for fear of heat exhaustion, but this year I was actually outside sweating and NOT collapsing.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:50 PM   #19  
50 is the new 40!

I didn't workout today,but I painted the master bathroom,so...........I have i small bedroom left and my house is completely done.Woot!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 12:37 AM   #20  

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a great OP day. I am at Nancy's house today I am babysitting her kitty for the weekend. She is watching me type this right now and purring......so cute.

Mercy03 - Thanks I am trying to do well on the challanges....I think this may be the one that is a little slower but I keep telling myself slow and steady wins the race. At least with your 5lbs your showing it who's boss as you always get rid of them
Awesome job on the painting and that is even harder than an actual workout I am thinking. WOOHOO!!!!!! on only 1 room left.

OrganizedChaos - Welcome back from your mini vacation it sounds like you had a good time. What a way to see the city on bikes that sounds like fun. Congrats for only putting on 2lbs (I wish it was like that for me on holidays) and Congrats for losing them already and then some. WTG!!!!

Well I was feeling very lazy today and had a nap in the afternoon but I got my butt up and did my C25K W5D2 it was 2- 8min runs and I did them both and one was a little uphill. And according to my HRM I was still in the proper zone......Yippee!!!!!!! The only scary part in D3 is for 20min straight......not sure if I'm ready for that yet....but will try.

Well we only have a couple weeks left on the challange and it is hard to believe that summer is almost over. Is anyone going to sign up for the Fall Challange or are you all challanged out. Has anyone made you summer goal for the challange. I would love to hear how you all did in relation to what you hoped to do. I know you have all done great in my respects so just want to know how everyone else is feeling. I will let you know how I did but first I have to go back and see where I started to remember how I have done so far....lol short memory.

Well that's about it for now talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:29 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 320/239.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmid View Post
Well we only have a couple weeks left on the challange and it is hard to believe that summer is almost over. Is anyone going to sign up for the Fall Challange or are you all challanged out. Has anyone made you summer goal for the challange. I would love to hear how you all did in relation to what you hoped to do. I know you have all done great in my respects so just want to know how everyone else is feeling. I will let you know how I did but first I have to go back and see where I started to remember how I have done so far....lol short memory.
I am definitely up for the challenge again. I'm not sure that I had really set myself up for a goal, because I wasn't sure what I was capable of, but this challenge gave me a reason to make sure that I had a goal to meet every week (to loose something for the good of myself and the good of my teammates). I think I started this challenge at 310, and I weighed in this morning at 271.2 - that's just shy of 40 lbs lost (and 50 lbs since changing my eating habits for good). Yesterday was my first NSV when a coworker told me it looked like I had lost weight... that makes you feel good when your hard work begins to get noticed.

Soon I will have to look into this c25k thing that everyone is talking about. To say that my terrain is non-conducive to walking/running would be an understatement, as the roads around here are extremely hilly...so it will be an EXTREME c25k when I get started. LOL
Old 08-21-2010, 11:38 AM   #22  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I got to post a 2 pound loss this week -- I'm happy! Thanks to dayoneagain for challenging us all to make a plan this week. I was much stickier with my food plan and I met my exercise goals for the week! Partly because I imagined all of you watching to see if I did!

And, as always, thanks to Bigmid for keeping us going! I'm truly grateful for this challenge. The last time I got my weight down to 200, I gained 40 pounds in the next year. When I signed up for this challenge on April 26, I weighed 210 pounds. So my goal for the challenge was to get safely below that dangerous 200 mark. And I met my goal and then some. I've lost weight more quickly this summer than I ever have in my whole life. I won't be signing up again in the fall because I'm ready to start shifting my focus from losing pounds to gaining muscle so I want to be happy with a slower weight loss for the next few months. I am thrilled that I've lost 23 pounds so far in this challenge, that I'm below 190, and that I'm confident that the weight I've lost is staying lost! Thank you all for sharing this part of my journey with me.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #23  

Morning everyone I have been lazy this morning and it feels pretty good. I will be going for a nice long walk later though so don't worry.

Narnia99 - sorry I missed you in my post yesterday. Please make sure to keep checking in with us here. We still want to know how you are doing.

That goes for everyone who was eliminated as offical members. We still want to hear about all of your success and your obstacles. We are here to help everyone through their journey.

Khrungy - WOW 40lbs during this challange. That is totally awesome you have done fantastic. Keep up the great work. Yeah!!!!! for your NSV as well. I have really enjoyed the C25K not sure I could do it with the hilly terrain though....I'm a flat terrain kind of girl

gardenerjoy - A 2lb loss for the week is awesome.....Congrats!!!!!
Thanks for the kudos I appreciate it. As far as the next stage of your weight loss and strength training you are still more than welcome to join us in the next challange. Anyone trying to improve their overall health is always welcome on the teams.

I have always felt that this is for the support. If you have 100+ pounds to lose or 5lbs to lose it is about the support and I feel that these challanges give that to all of those taking advantage of it (by posting and reading). I myself am getting closer to goal (but may change that as I get closer) so I am losing a lot slower than I was durning my first challange. But this is my support system and even if I maintain for the week I am still part of a team. I don't necessarily believe it is just about huge losses for the week it is about staying on course.
I know other may see the title BL and say it is all about the big losses and the win at the end. I feel it is about staying accountable and healthy during your journey. Anyway long story short....lol even if you only have a few pounds to lose don't think you can't join the next challange. Or if you don't want to join the next one but would like to come over and let us know how you are doing.....please feel free to do so we would love to hear from you all.

Well enough from me hope to hear from some more of you and don't forget to WI tomorrow. Only 1 week left lets make it a good one with everyone WI.

PS hoping to post a loss tomorrow. I gained 3.2 last week while I was away but have lost that plus some more. To bad I had to take a freebie last week it would have shown as an awesome loss....lol I am also at Nancy's house and have to say I absolutly love, love, loved her scale this morning

Have a great OP day everyone.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:00 AM   #24  
50 is the new 40!

Quote:
I will definitely sign up for the fall challenge.This one has been hard for me but I am sure that if I wasn't here I would have had a weight gain for the summer,so for me it has been a success.Not gaining weight at 49 and keeping off the original 15 pounds that I lost I consider an accomplishment.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:19 PM   #25  

Morning everyone, don't forget to WI today and then we only have 1 week left in the summer challange. The sign up list for the fall challange will go up in the next day or two so for anyone interested keep an eye out for it.

Well I am very dissapointed this morning I somehow went up 2lbs from yesterday to today. I was looking forward to posting a great loss for the week now not so sure. I will have to double check my scale at home when I get there but I may have to go with my Friday weight since I haven't been at my own scale. So close yet so far....lol

Mercy - I would say that not gaining is a very big accomplishment and glad that you are coming back for the fall challange.

I just got back from doing the C25K W5D3 the 20min straight run and I did it The last 6mins I most likely could have walked faster but I still did it. WooHoo!!!!!!

Well better hop in the shower, clean up a couple dishes and pack my bag for going home.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I weighed in at 7 lbs or so lighter than before, but please do not make me the biggest loser. I am sick sick sick. Doc thinks its gallstones, so I can't eat, super super super nauseated, and just no good. So I haven't lost my weight in a good way. Hope to check in when I feel better.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #27  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

I have FINALLY met my first mini goal! After MONTHS of losing the same six pounds over and over again I have eventually managed to get over that 190 hurdle!

Last edited by dayoneagain; 08-22-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #28  

babygrant - That does not sound good, I really hope you are feeling better soon. Take care of yourself

dayoneagain - WooHoo!!!!!! out of the 190's congratulations
Old 08-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5

Hello everyone!!! i know i have been out of touch for some time but i thought i'd drop in to see how eveyone is doing and how the challenge is going. last week huh?! i was going over my weigh ins and i have lost almost 56 pounds in this challenge lets see if i can hit a 60 by next weeks weigh in!!! so when does the next challenge start? so i can officially be a member!! hehee!! anyways i hope everyone is well!! xx
Old 08-22-2010, 06:38 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 235/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Lost 1/2lb this week, was hoping for more but oh well. I did make my mini goal of being overweight on my Wii Fit! Woot!

babygrant - that sucks! Feel better soon!

dayoneagain - WTG on getting to the 180s! I know how good that feels!

Jacky - WooHoo for the c25k! You're doing so awesome!