Old 07-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

Good afternoon blue team

Congratulations Avezy for being our BL this week
to Sunnigummi, muffentop, gracie, and Mary for being the runner ups

I feel like I am finally on the right track again, and I am hoping to post a loss this week. I have gotten up at 5:15 am for the past 3 days to do my workout, and it really has helped me to get motivated again.

Mary - I hope the chest x-ray shows that everything is fine.

JessicaDawn - 34 lbs is awesome! Good for you!!

Sunnigummi - snacking as been my downfall lately as well.

Gardenerjoy - Great goals!

Mageorge - I had really been struggling the past few weeks as well too. I had no motivation and just didn't feel like doing anything. I made the decision to start doing my workouts first thing in the morning, and it has really helped to get my energy back.

Bigmid - Thanks for doing such a wonderful job being our leader

Quote:
Sorry I didn't do my part this week. I was embarrassed recording that 2 lb gain, as I so wanted to record a FREEBIE. I thought better to be accountable than to ignore what I had done.
Khristy - That's exactly how I felt. I'm sure we'll both be able to record a loss this week though

Have a wonderful day everyone
Old 07-21-2010, 10:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Ive been on track today and all is well!! ) Will write more probably tommorow. It's hot and I'm tired now!
Old 07-22-2010, 12:08 AM   #18  

Hi everyone I'm sorry I'm not here quite as often the last few days. I am kind of busy at work then I come home eat, exercise, then watch a little tv and then pretty much off to bed. I have been feeling good just tired and have been going to bed early.
I will be back tomorrow to catch up with all the personals......I promise.
I have been reading everything just haven't posted it all down yet.
Have a great night everyone.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #19  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

I"m here! Sorry I've been mia, just been a busy week. I hope I'm not booted for not posting!!! I will catch up with the thread, I hope everone is doing well. I'll be back............
Old 07-22-2010, 02:41 PM   #20  

Okay back as promised I hope everyone is having a great day so far. I am down a 1lb since Sunday so lets hope it holds for the weekend weigh in. On Sunday I also hit the 60lbs down mark so pretty happy about that

Avezy44 - Way to go on the losses so far you have done great. What are you doing as far as a program as I see you are down 64lbs in 4 months. I am no doctor or expert but are you sure it is healthy and safe the way you are losing. Very happy for you just making sure you are doing it the healthy way.

Soon2BFitChick - WTG on the loss this week

ricepapr - Good for you for having goals and the 200 min of strenght training a week is good too. That's the only way to keep firmed up. Just ask my bat wings and they'll tell you I didn't do that when I was younger...lol

Narnia99 - WooHoo on the 5:15 workouts

Maryshady - I hope you are feeling better and the chest x-ray turns out clean. Did you have a cold or flu recently that is just hanging on in your chest?

JessicaDawn - 34lbs down so far.......CONGRATULATIONS

abreezies - Did you go to the dr. or find out about the breathing problem? I get that sometime and it happens when I am at certain weights - up or down.
My one dr. gave me an inhaler (as a mild type of asthma) but I totally hear you on the fighting to breath and only a really good yawn can relieve it but then a few seconds later you need to do it again. I hope you get it figured out.

babygrant - WTG for being on track!!!

sunnigummi - Good luck with controling the snacking. It can be the hardest to control as we do it mostly out of habit not hunger.

gardenerjoy - Congrats on the 1lb down that's an awesome goal of 1700 exercise min. for July

mageorge - I hope you get out of the blahs it can be hard figuring out what causes them and how to get rid of them. The running program I am using is a podcast of C25K by Robert (something) hope this helps

khrungy - water weight can add a couple pounds for sure. I hope you make it to the 270's this week. WTG for being at you pre holiday weight. That took me a month to do.

Catsgetnhealthy - No you are not booted for not posting nobody is you just can't have the title of being the BL.

Well that's about it for now, have a great day everyone. Sorry it took me so long to post.

Last edited by Bigmid; 07-22-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:45 PM   #21  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Hugs all around bluesers! Congrats on winning another week!

I did an early weigh in this week, down 2.6! I am having a good week plan-wise. My friend was taking some pictures at a get-together yesterday, and for the first time in a long time I did not hate how I looked in the pictures! I thought I looked pretty darn healthy! Of course, I have a way to go before my goal, but I haven't really seen a change so much as I felt it to this point...so it was nice to finally see it too!
Old 07-23-2010, 03:32 AM   #22  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Been a fun week, but not perfect as I had so many work events that I couldn't avoid. Stayed the same. Back on track today.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:24 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 250/237/170

Height: 5'8"

Smile

Hi ladies. I think this has been a busy week for a lot of us! Next week I will be the camp nurse for a foster kids camp......I can't wait! I will miss my kids at home though, I have nver been away from my four yr old for more than one day. I did not go to the dr for the breathing thing, but it has gotten better. I tracked it down to my new birth control pill, quit taking it and after about 3 days- the headaches, nausea and breathing all started getting better. Weird....but I am thankful. I hope everyone is doing well....stay positive and keep your chin up!!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

is anyone else feeling....bored? For lack of a better word?

I feel like I need to mix it up or something. I have no motivation because I have no TIME. Life is so hectic now, I'm eating the proper amount of food every day (and healthy stuff to boot) but I'm not exercising as much as I should because I just can't fit in the 2 hour gym visits that I used to. I'm still getting SOME exercise (I walk all day for work) but I feel like it's not enough and I don't know what to do.

I'm LIVING on caffeine and nicotine right now. I tried to cut back on one or the other (and at one point BOTH) and almost died. My life is too stressful right now

On top of that, I don't know what happened but I had a decent sized salad for lunch and about 20 minutes later violently threw it up. I was in the bathroom for a good half hour heaving (at work no less)
When I was done I was fine, so I don't think I'm sick but now I'm freaked out to eat again

I'm feeling very blahhhhhh
Old 07-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #25  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I got to post a 3.5 pound weight loss. Woohoo! I'm not quite sure how that happened, but I think I'll credit my goals of veggie-laden breakfasts and exercise!

JessicaDawn: so sorry you're struggling. When I'm bored, or stalled, I've changed everything! New food plan, new exercise routine. Bored + too busy is a bit harder, though, since all of that newness takes time. Hope you're tummy feels better today.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 235/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Team!

Hope everybody's having a good week! It's a beautiful day here and Jacky and I are heading to the closest "lake" (we have a lack of of bodies of water in the Calgary area). I finally had a good loss this week, 2.5lbs! Next week should take me into the 180s! Yay!

Have a great weekend!
Old 07-24-2010, 02:32 PM   #27  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/178

Height: 5'11''

Hi Bluesers! The blue team has been kicking booty in this challenge. Way to go! Sorry I have been MIA for awhile. My work life has been very stressful as of late and I just haven't had a chance to get online that much. Sorry I had to post a slight gain last week. I am still staying on plan with my exercsie and nutrition so I don't know what the issue was. The weight loss just keeps getting slower and slower, but at least I am back to where I was before I gained last week and even a little lower. I will weigh in again tomorrow morning hoping to see even a little more loss. Regardless of how slow it's coming off, I am not giving up. In fact if anything my training for running a 5K is really in gear. For the last month I have mostly been inside on the treadmill doing my walk/run intervals because of the heat. Last night I decided to skip the gym and head back out to the park that I like to walk/run because the path is marked in .10ths of a mile so I can really guage how I am doing. When I last walked there before using the gym, I was doing intervals of .1 run .2 walk and it was hard to do that .1 running. I easily did .2 run .2 walk last night. I can't believe how much better I am doing. It really helped boost my attitude. I am feeling really good about that 5k in the fall now.

Hope everyone else is doing well! I need to go back and read through all the posts.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Hey everyone
Just a super quick check in. All is on track and I'm doing well. Dog got sprayed by a skunk last night so we have been bathing her for the past few hours. Last night we did tomato juice, a mixture of peroxide baking soda and water, vinegar and water, dog shampoo, dish soap. This morning we have done Skunk Off and another bath with regular doggy shampoo but she still STINKS! Grrrrr. So off to give her another bath and then relax!

Hope you all are well.

Angela
Old 07-25-2010, 01:01 PM   #29  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaDawn View Post
is anyone else feeling....bored? For lack of a better word?

I feel like I need to mix it up or something. I have no motivation because I have no TIME. Life is so hectic now, I'm eating the proper amount of food every day (and healthy stuff to boot) but I'm not exercising as much as I should because I just can't fit in the 2 hour gym visits that I used to. I'm still getting SOME exercise (I walk all day for work) but I feel like it's not enough and I don't know what to do.

On top of that, I don't know what happened but I had a decent sized salad for lunch and about 20 minutes later violently threw it up. I was in the bathroom for a good half hour heaving (at work no less)
When I was done I was fine, so I don't think I'm sick but now I'm freaked out to eat again

I'm feeling very blahhhhhh
Geez, that really sucks! I hate being sick at work because it just makes me feel worse that I'm not home and I can't slip into my pjs and sleep. Sorry that happened to you. Do you think it's all the stress that's coming out? I read that after stressful periods, people can get really sick (cold-type sick) because the immune system is weak. Don't know if that can happen during a stressful period.

I read your sentence about being busy and bored and I wanted to chime in and say that I agree! I have changed my diet but I went from walking/jogging almost every day to nothing. Yesterday, I walked from work (2 miles) and I was so proud of myself that A. I didn't get horribly lost and B. That I finally managed to finagle some exercise in the week.

---
Er, so...a couple of days ago I may or may not have eaten an entire bag of cheese puffs. Let's lean toward the may and make it a definite did. I ate an entire bag of cheese puffs. I wasn't going to tell my husband, but I ended up mentioning it to him and he thought I was talking about a snack-sized bag and I said "um no, I mean one of those big ones." He just blinked and went "How???" and I said "It was yummy." Oh well. Need to carry better snacks so I'm not tempted to stop in the Whole Foods and buy crap.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!
Old 07-25-2010, 04:45 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 250/237/170

Height: 5'8"

Hey team, I will be MIA until the weekend (unless I use my phone). I am going to be the nurse for camp this week- it's a camp for foster kids. I am excited! I will try to check in sooner if later but no later than Friday night. Have a great week!!