Old 07-09-2010, 12:36 AM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy03 View Post
At the very least,I think I found a new calling
It's always good to have a back up career under your belt.

ricepapr - congrats on being so close to your goal and a new camera is a very nice gift to yourself. Maybe I should by myself gifts and then perhaps the scale may even move for me. Make sure to drink your water to flush out all the sodium.

Angela - I am enjoying the program so far, yesterday my knees hurt a little from it but I had just finished the 30DS and that level has a lot of lunges and squats so that could be why. I think I will stay on week 1 for another week and then move up. I also need new shoes as I am doing the running in my therashoes. I can't believe right now that I could get up to 5min of running good for you that's awesome. I am like you I need to boost my exercise but I think I'm okay for strength just need to bump the cardio for some fat loss. I hope life gets back to normal for you and you can get back to work.

dayoneagain - glad to hear your day went better today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:38 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I haven't lost anything consistently this week (up 5, down 7, up 3...)
I'm going on Vacation starting this Sunday. I know I'll lose, I always do when I go on vacation. It seems weird but I'm staying with relatives and it makes me more conscious of what I'm eating.

I'm going to put my current weight in for this Sunday's weigh in because it's going to be crazy busy and I don't want to forget. I'll hopefully be home in time for next weeks weigh in, with a big drop to report

Good luck to you all, hope we have another great week this week.

Hooray for vacations!
Old 07-09-2010, 02:27 AM   #33  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Somehow I put on a pound?! Think it';s cause I stepped up the exercise this week, with weights and stuff - so hopefully just water weight?!?!

I'm still really pleased with my efforts this week and am not going to be put off by my stupid scale
Old 07-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #34  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Don't u just hate the scale? I'm not liking mine at all. It's new this last week because my other one went out. And now I'm mad.

Ah well, trying to stay calm.

Keep your eye on the ball. The scale is just a small piece of metal! Uggh!!!

Ok, gotta run, sorry I haven't been here much. Lots going on with the new baby's case. Still looks like 50% chance we will get to keep him. So hard not knowing. He is very sweet too.

Hope u all have a great weekend!! Hugs!

Selina
Old 07-09-2010, 04:35 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone.. just popping in to check in.. I am here everyday, sometimes a few times but hardly ever get a chance to say anything..so I am going to try and make a concious effort to check in more regularly..
I went for my run early yesterday morning and then did the 30 Day Shred on my lunch break.. omgosh.. I am so sore today and I never get sore from running.. it was the Shred.. lol I guess just a couple of months out of strength training puts you right back at the beginning because I was having hour long strength sessions with a trainer before and was never this sore after.. agh!
How do you guys deal with that.. do you take a day off.. do you push through it? I need some feedback on this one..
Will try and pop back later..
Old 07-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #36  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Happy Friday Ladies!
Today's is dh's b'day and we're going out to eat, Macaroni Grill, so trying to figure out what to have that's not going to wreak havoc on me. I guess some kind of salad, and just stay away from the yummy bread and dipping oil?? lol I do still have to work out tonight, so I won't over do it and be miserable.

Angela ~ I've just started back strength training and it's every other day to give my muscles a rest. Course you're younger than me, so you may be able to push through it, I tend to go easy if I'm really sore cause I'll end up hurting something. Where can I find this C25K program? My town is having a 5k walk/run in August and I so want to enter it, I can walk it, but would like to try some running.

Selina ~ sending lots of positive vibes your way for the little guy

JessicaDawn~ have a wonderful vacation!!

Dayoneagain~ I'm betting you're right and it's just water weight! Keep up the good job and don't let the metal monster get to ya!

Everyone~ have a wonderful weekend.

I'll check in either later tonight to post my workout or in the morning.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #37  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi bluesers!

I'm afraid I'm going to be using a freebie for weigh in this week...I had way too much salty food over the holiday not to mention TOM is on the way with this crazy heat wave and I am retaining what feels like buckets of water! I am not touching the scale this week!

I hope everyone is having a great week, and has a great weekend!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #38  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I got a nice drop just in time for my weigh-in. Not as big as lost week, but a respectable 2 pounds. Long, low intensity workouts the day before seems to do it for me. Or, maybe, that's just my newest superstition!

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 07-10-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:59 AM   #39  

Morning everyone,
I just want to check in quickly as I am off to work right now. Have a great day and I will check back later to post.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #40  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all, i have not been good at all this week so not looking for good results at the scale today. this is the first day i've made it to the y.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:06 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Morning Ladies! I hope everyone had a great weekend.. we have been having a crazy heat wave here... and although I am not complaining about the heat.. (lol cause you can be sure I was wishing for it mid winter haha) I am sure glad to see the heavy rain today to clear the air of the heavy humidity, even if for just a little while.
I have decided to look at my weight loss a little differently.. I have been focusing too much on the end goal.. which feels really far away.. so as you can see in my sig. I have decided to go about it in 5% increments... so each one feels totally do-able I hope it works... the drive and motivation of wanting to desperately change the next number to pink
I am hoping my book will be here this week.. the Winning by Losing book.. I had to reorder it because the vendor I originally ordered it from had complications and for some reason did not know they received my payment so when they got that sorted out they no longer had the book in stock.. so they refunded my money and I actually found it brand new for 10$ cheaper shipping and all from another vendor and by the looks of the shipping date it should be here this week.. so heres hoping.. lol
I am striving to stay between 1600 and 1900 calories a day while trying to maintain a 40-30-30 average with carbs, proteins and fats (40% carbs - whole grain carbs, 30% proteins,and 30% healthy fats) in my daily nutritional intake; and getting an hour of exercise each day (5-6days a week).. this week was obviously a big fail, as I showed a 2 pound gain this morning, but with the heat I found it very hard to cook and exercise regularly.. not to mention the heat has caused me to retain water like crazy!
But I have decided that no matter what this week is a clean slate start, and today is cleaning and cooking day.. getting organized for a successful week!

Hope everyone is okay... God Bless!
Old 07-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #42  

Hi everyone, sorry I have not been back for personals I am reading everything but have not had a chance to write. Busy at work and then at home always something to do. I am heading out in an hour to go the the Calgary Stampede. Not sure what to wear now as the weather is not coperating. I have already started on the totals for everyone who has weighed in so far. The results may be late tonight or tomorrow as I won't be home until late......but please weigh in by the 10AST as it will then be fair for everyone who weighed in on time.
I lost 3.2lbs this week so I am happy about that. It now puts me at 180.2.....I got on the Wii this morning too and it has me at 178.1 I really like the Wii total.
Sorry have to run everyone have a great day.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 235/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Blue Team,

Stayed the same this week. At least it's not a gain. Hopefully this week will be a good loss, but I'm heading to the Stampede, so today's pretty much a write-off. Too much tasty food there!

Have a great week everybody!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:24 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted this week. We decided to go camping and just got back. I'm up 2 pounds this week, (sorry), which doesn't surprise me. Between camping, and starting TOM I'm actually surprised it's not more. This week I am getting back into a routine.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:49 AM   #45  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

For the first time ever I jogged for 10 minutes this week!! I am soo proud of myself. I never was capable of that before, I am actually starting to feel like I belong at the gym