Old 02-01-2010, 08:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default RED TEAM Chat Thread - Week 5 (2/1-2/7)

Here is the week 5 chat thread...the results should be posted soon.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:29 AM   #2  

In case anyone missed them, here are the last couple of posts from week 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shea5 View Post
I'm another one guilty of not posting as much as I've meant to; I've been trying to focus my head on what I needed to do to get a better handle on my eating, since for once my exercise is going pretty good. I hope that this week is easier for everyone; last week sounds like it was pretty rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieLou View Post
Hey gals....It's February now! One month closer to summer. I know I want to lose weight and stay my goal weight for the rest of my life but with summer approaching I want to be smaller! Most of us had a pretty hard week this past week I think. We really need to focus (mostly me) and get in gear and lose this weight! I had a bad carb experience but I am hoping I will have a loss next week. A few months from now I dont wanna say to myself....I could be THIS size if I had only tried harder. So....I will try very hard and not look back. Lets do this chickies!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:36 AM   #3  

Okay, the results are posted...it looks like our team struggled a bit this week, but I'm sure we'll all come out strong next week.

I want to give an extra shout out to our unofficial members this week. passionista lost 8.0lbs for a percentage lost of 2.44% and Luckybustert lost 4.2lbs for a percentage lost of 2.01%! Congrats!

We did lose a few more members this week. As always, even if you have been eliminated for eligibility for the Biggest Loser Title, you are still more than welcome to continue to participate in the chat, exercise challenges & nutritional journal threads. If you would like me to continue to track your weigh ins unofficially, just send me a PM, and I'll reinstate your weigh in post.

yazmataz329
81togo
Bette k

The following members have used both freebies, and so are in danger of elimination if they miss another weigh in. Be sure to post your weigh in before 9pm (Est.) on Sundays. We don't want to lose you!

makeupforlife
polaris89
theresia
hcarr
Purplefirefly
nickel23
losingitforme
dstill88

Last edited by MonteCristo; 02-01-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I wish we still posted results on Monday because I was down another pound. I know it is not a lot but my pants do feel much better this morning. I know I am not as bloated as I was feeling the last 2 weeks. I also have decided to try to reduce my dairy intake as I feel that is causing some of the bloating and discomfort I am feeling. I do not eat a lot anyway so it should be easy. I think I am going to try to convert to soy and see if that helps as well. I did get more exercise in last week and hope to increase it greatly this week. I can not wait for the weather to warm up so I can get back to walking/jogging.

hope everyone has a wonderful start to the week!!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Trying to re-group/refocus this week. My exercise us going well. Eating can stand for some improvement.
I've joined a local health challenge for the next 12 weeks, to help with accountability.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #6  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I'm actually glad for once it was a sunday post...had some salty foods last night and was up a bit this morning. Onward and downward

I started a new plan today, hoping that the eating will be easier for me to stick to. Body for life, which dovetails well with the exercise routine I've already been following. I started the eating plan today, and will begin the first exercise plan tomorrow. The key for me for this will be planning, planning, planning...there's no way to just wing my way through 6 meals a day, i'll have to plan those out. So far so good, 2 meals in today, and I'm planning on 2:15, 4:30, 6:30 and 8:30. I'm hoping this will also stabilize my blood sugar levels through the day, I usually have a huge crash after lunch, and am feeling tired through the afternoon.

My new goal also: posting 5 days a week in this journal. I tend to lurk and not post, especially if I'm having a busy day, but I need to set aside a few minutes each day to post...it will help keep me accountable.

Hang strong ladies, this is going to be a good week after last week's rough one.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:48 PM   #7  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone.

Just do my weekly (or bi weekly ) check in.

I hope you are all doing okay.

I'm doing ok food wise. Been keeping track of my intake with SP, getting my vitamins and good oils in.

The rest of my life.....Meh.

I just sent off my school loan application and tomorrow I have to go up there to make sure I have all my FAFSA stuff filled out correctly.

Retirement is taking their sweet time sending me my money and it's ticking me off. The VA is doing the same thing, with my W-2s. Stupid government.

So, blah blah blah, same old stuff.

<3

Old 02-01-2010, 06:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Hey ladies. Congrats to those who did well last week. Well I started January so strong only to crash and burn. I've been letting my knee injury get me down. I feel like if I can't run I don't want to do anything, and then I'm in a crap mood so I eat. Needless to say, this hasn't been working out too well for me. So for February I'm ready to get back on track and start losing weight again. I'm really going to try to be strict with my exercise plan this week. I made it easy so I can definitely do it, and anything extra I do is just gravy. And February is going to be pizza-free month for me (that nasty little habbit has been sneaking back into my life and I need to kick it back out). Hope you all have a good week
Old 02-01-2010, 09:10 PM   #9  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

Been off plan since Saturday... can't seem to get it together. Hoping tomorrow will be better. Recommiting to having a good week, on plan in eating and intense exercise.

:-(
Old 02-01-2010, 09:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Good Evening to all

Well today was good I pretty much stayed OP today but didn't get alot of water in today - this getting up at 230 in the morning and not going to bed till 9-10 is kicking me in the butt and really messing with my eating habits, dang it

Well hopefully only a couple more weeks of this and I will be back to my normal shift 7-4 and back to a normal eating schedule -

Well I better get off here and get some things done before going to bed so I will catch up tomorrow- Have a Great Tuesday
Old 02-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #11  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Hey all!
Been gone much of the last week due to moving. I fear it will not be getting better soon. Food has been questionable at best, and exercise has been only in the form of packing and carrying boxes, shoveling, and unpacking. I hope to get my hiney back on track soon so I can have a respectable # for this next weigh-in. The pounds are fighting me right now and I'm helping them out WAY too much!
Old 02-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #12  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

Today has already been a better today....

I wrote in my journal last night, and made a commitment to make this a better week. I woke up for Spinning, was late but made the last 25 mins of class. Then I pushed through my treadmill, elliptical, and ab stuff. I'll be back at the gym for another round tonight. Plus, I bought groceries for my healthy filling salad and pasta recipes.

I'm focused... really going to work hard to LOSE this week.

Have a great week everyone. Hugs to you all!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 267/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

hey ladies, i just want to check in.

as you all know i'm struggling with my marriage. however, I have made some firm decisions, so now its time for me to refocus on my own personal & professional goals, and hope that changing/improving the thigns I can control will prompt my husband to come around. who knows.

given the stress, i've been OP for kind of a while now. my hope is to start getting back on trach this week. we'll see.

fingers crossed.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:27 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

What a quiet bunch we've been. I hope everyone is hanging in there and staying OP, regardless of what life throws in your path.
I found a good advanced low impact aerobics video at the library called 'tie one on'. Talk about working up a sweat!

Have a great night.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:08 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Good Evening team- well got in my exercise tonight it was only 25 minutes on treadmil but at least it was something, eating today well it was good not 100% perfect but good

Yes it has been very quite this week, but then again everybody is so busy
I will check back in tomorrow then I am off for the weekend but will post my weight before I leave because I know what this weekend will bring and I will not be OP for the most part