Old 01-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Default Blue Team Weight-ing on Spring Challenge Week 1 Chat (January 4th - 10th)

Here we go Ladies!!! I hope you are all ready! I know I am..
Old 01-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mageorge View Post
I love that I will be accountable to all of you...no more "I don't feel like exercising" for me! Oops, I guess I should not have started till tomorrow, but I like to record Sunday to Saturday. Hope that is not a problem.
mageorge... Do not worry for that.. of course it is not a problem.. whatever works for you and your exercise
Old 01-03-2010, 09:50 PM   #3  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I've signed up for both the nutrition and exercise challenge. Looking forward to completing both.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

YIPEE! I'm READY!!!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #5  

YaY!!!
Alright ladies... that is it for me for today.. I am Exhausted! And now that i have relaxed some from my workouts today, i am looking forward to doing them all over again tomorrow!! haha Night Night
Old 01-03-2010, 11:58 PM   #6  

Well this is it here we go and good luck to everyone. I signed up on both the nutritional and exercise threads so no excuses. I guess I should be off to bed as the mornings seem to come very fast. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Here's to A Great Start for The Blue Team
Old 01-04-2010, 01:06 AM   #8  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!!

I'm sooo happy to be here with you all on this challenge!! I have been out of town since before Christmas so I guess I should introduce myself to any of you who don't know me. I'm like a few others, we've been in several challenges. I can lose like crazy but I gain it back!! And I also get nervous when I get under 200. Right now I'm 204.0 so getting close again. With all your support, I'm vowing to get under it and stay there while slowly losing all this year!! I'm so glad to have you all here to come vent to when others in my life don't want to hear it!!

Ok, so here I am: I'm Selina. I've been married to a great guy for over 13 yrs. We have 3 kids, my son is 8, daughter 4 and baby daughter is 16 months today. I can't believe she is so big now! All of them are growing wayyyy too fast. I live near Houston, TX. My husband is in law enforcement and we have a business that we run together. So never a dull moment!! I am hoping to put more effort into ME this year. But we'll see.

I'm really good at losing. I'm down about 73 lbs from my highest. I just start wobbling right under 200. Which in turn makes me put on some lbs to get me back over 200 where I feel 'safe'. Yes, I psychoanalyze myself too much. But I'm trying to figure myself out. And I have faith that this time, I won't wobble. Wish me luck!!!

I've been reading thru your posts. Erika, I lost a baby at 12 weeks and I have a friend who did too. Was awful. Just horrible. Nothing can describe it when you want a baby so badly! We've since adopted 3 newborns. And this year plan for another. Good luck to you in all that you want this year!!!!

Isabella, nice to meet you! I love the blue team and glad to see so many nice people on it this time too!!!

Angela, so sorry to hear your bf is sick. Bless his heart. I sure hate to hear that. I hope he gets well soon. Never give up hope. I will pray for him and you. Thank you so much for taking this on here and being so fun and helpful while you do it!

I only got to read a few, Shauna I think I read sounds alot like me! And I think we aren't even 10 lbs apart if I can remember right. And Hiya to flagirlintx. I'm near you!! I am sorry I can't remember the others I've read but I'll try to find time soon to read thru and write more personals. I LOVE to do them but rarely have time to.

Hi to Nixmom, Institches, Cat!, Maryshady, Diva and everyone else from the past as well as hello to all you newbies!!! This is too fun!!!

Well, I better get sleep. Another day tomorrow!!! I'm sooo excited about this challenge. My first ever TBL here I came in 2nd on our blue team. Lost over 30 lbs that time. Got under 200 then I think. Uggh. My goal is to be able to hug my knees! Without effort! LOL! While I'm sitting watching tv. You'd think that's a small thing but sometimes those small things are bigger than you realize. Don't think I've been able to do that without effort since I was 5 (I carry my weight around the hips and stomach mostly so once I get that small I will feel better I'm sure!!! Do you all have a goal? Not just a number, but a certain outfit or pair of pants or something you want to be able to do or wear by the end of this challenge?? I think if I could lose 27 lbs, I could hug my knees at least a little! That would be a total of 100 lbs lost from my highest. I gotta get there this year!!! So I am looking to hit 177 by the last weigh in of this challenge. I think it can be done!!! I will hafta jog in place watching tv like I did before and drink lots of water and eat healthy but I've done it and I know I can do it again.

Sorry if there are any typos in all this. I've been typing fast because it's after midnight now and I'm really tired. We just drove back in today!!

Ok, really gotta go now! Have a great Monday!!!!

Hugsssss!
Selina
Old 01-04-2010, 02:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/193/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi Selina,

I can so relate to what you write about feeling "safe" at a certain weight. It's been like that for me too and I try to figure out how to break that pattern.
During the years I've been losing weight, slowly gaining it back, then losing again... and it's almost always at a certain weight that I stop (even though I'm not at all comfortable or satisfied at that still high weight).
Like you said, it feels "safe" and somehow it's really hard losing beoynd that point.
This time it's going to be different
And congratulations to your 73lb, that is wow! Bye bye to those pounds forever!
Old 01-04-2010, 05:16 AM   #10  

Good Morning Ladies!!! I am so excited to see how many of us are signing up for the Nutrition and Exercise Accountability Challenges... yaY! Way to Go Ladies... we are so gonna Rawk this Challenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BFitChick View Post
Angela, so sorry to hear your bf is sick. Bless his heart. I sure hate to hear that. I hope he gets well soon. Never give up hope. I will pray for him and you. Thank you so much for taking this on here and being so fun and helpful while you do it!
Selina.. thank you so much for your kind words and prayers are always welcome! they are what gets me through each day....

Well... I am a little sore this morning from my workouts yesterday,but that just tells me I need to increase my water intake so that will not happen. Back to work today.. and even though I was looking forward to it.. this morning I can think of a million things that I could still get done with some time off...haha
Well I guess with that being said I better go get breakfast on the go so I will have time to plug into SparkPeople and then my Nutrition Journal here before I have to leave for the day...

I hope everyone has a GREAT day!!! Now come one get up n do 10 jumping jacks.. haha yea don't look at the screen like that.. I mean it haha .. It will get your blood pumping and you will feel energized to take on the world for another day! -- If you have trouble w/ reg. jumping jacks do a modified version, which is just side steps with your arms moving up over your head or as far as you can go!

There.. Now I am going to start my day.. and Yes I did the Jumping Jacks too!!

Old 01-04-2010, 07:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Morning Blue Team. Finally back to work after three weeks off. My butt is a draggin'! So pumped about this challenge. I too have issue about getting under 170 every time I get close I start eating again. Not this time. I plan on being under 170 by the end of January. Went shopping yesterday for all good stuff to eat..dh is going to do it with me this time (he has about 20 lbs to lose) so we'll see how it goes. He has never had to diet in his life but middle age caught up with him!

Wanted to get up this morning to workout but was up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night. Really need to get these sleeping issues worked out. Anyway definitely working out tonite with my friend Jackie this evening & with dh right after work.

How do I get that Blue Team sign in my sig?

Have a great Monday!!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:26 AM   #12  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

Good morning everyone!!!!! I hope everyone got a good nights sleep!

I'm still coughing my head off and haven't done any formal exercise. I'll be doing it today after dosing up with cough medicine. Howver I tried something last night while I was being a slug watching tv with dh. During the commercials I got up and rocked on the firm wave. Well it sure added up because my some butt and thigh muscles say so! I plan to do that every night while watching tv. My butt will thank me LOL

I really had a craving for all that junk food in my kitchen last night. I took my frozen atkins shake and added a bit of milk and some diet hot cocoa and blended it in the magic bullet. Not bad!!!!

I'm not quite sure how all this BL challenge stuff works so I'll go check out the other links. Have a happy healthy day ladies!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Mary: Copy and paste this in your signature...take away the *'s.

[IMG*]http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic108442_1.gif[*/IMG]

Thinner: I hope that cough gets better soon. I had one not too long ago and it messed up my whole week...oh, it was awful. Also, congrats on not giving in to that junk food!!

Cape: I did those jumping jacks too!!! Thanks for the encouragement!

So, I was going to go to the gym this morning and I have no workout pants clean!! Sooo frustrating. I'm washing and drying clothes now, so hopefully I'll be able to go before I go into work this afternoon at 2. However, I may have to run up to the University to talk to someone today. I need to get my school stuff figured out...and soon. I emailed my counselor so hopefully he will help me out.
I have to go get some groceries today. I'm slap out of everything.

I hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #14  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Good afternoon Blue Team. Raining, raining, raining. And so dark. I just rolled over in bed and went back to sleep and never got up until just after 10 am. (Just rubbing in the joys of retirement. ) When I did get up it was a bit chilly as DH didn't put in the fire (wood furnace) which was just perfect for a ride on the bike. I did 42 minutes and then got dinner ready and put in the fire. I'll finish the hour after my stomach empties a bit. So, Angela I won't be doing those 10 jumping jacks for at least another hour.

So nice to see old faces and new in this challenge. As I'm old I have an excuse if I don't remember all your names right away. There are so many starting this challenge. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all stayed in until the end? It's so sad to see us drop out for various reasons. But I know life gets in the way at times and that's all you can do.

Just a word to those who feel uncomfortable getting below a certain number. Remember, it's a number. It's not who you are. You will still be you regardless of your weight. The loss of weight doesn't affect our personalities, it just enhances it. So don't be afraid to become all you can be. And the benefits are so good--health & energy, new clothes, compliments, did I say new sexy clothes, clothes that fit off the rack. Eventually the external benefits will soon become so normal to you that you won't even notice anymore and neither will anyone else. So let's get going and get those pounds off. That ugly yellow fat isn't you because you're hiding under it so come on out.

OK, enough of that. I'm gone to wash dishes, bike, and do 10 jumping jacks.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #15  

Morning everyone, just sitting here at work and wanted to say hi. Nothing new since last night so that's it for now.