Old 09-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #1  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Default Blue Team Week 2 Thread

The weekly results won't be up until tomorrow for our team. My laptop had a meltdown between challenges and this old computer isn't compatible with the spreadsheet. I've tried every trick I know to open the thing from the USB, and it still won't open. Tomorrow morning first thing, well, first thing when I get to work!
Old 09-22-2009, 07:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Thank you all for your prayers. I will keep you updated when I get some news. Did really well today. Finished workout a while ago. TOM hit yesterday and I was tired tonite but forced myself to do the shred.

Wow we had some big losers this week. Congrats to all who lost this week and hugs to those who didn't.
Can't wait to watch BL tonite.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #3  

Wow do you realize we lost over 102 lbs as a team in these last couple of weeks! Awesome job Bluesers!!!
Old 09-22-2009, 07:23 PM   #4  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshady View Post
Wow do you realize we lost over 102 lbs as a team in these last couple of weeks! Awesome job Bluesers!!!
WOWEEEEEE thats AMAZING!!!

go BLUEs!!!!

hehe cant wait to find out which team won week 1 challenge. hehe

aww sorry to hear you had computer problems Dixie.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:17 PM   #5  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
WOW that is amazing.

Bev
Old 09-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Way to go Blue Team!

I am still struggling on the food front - my gym habits are getting really good, but I just don't seem to be THINKING before I open my mouth. Have to break that cycle and start being conscious of my choices again. My trainer told me tonight that he's leaving our gym soon, but gave me a few options so that hopefully I can keep my gym membership at this gym (convenient) but go to him at his new location for training. We'll see!

Hard to believe it's officially autumn now! It was 25C (77F) here today, and beautiful and sunny.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:56 PM   #7  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
TOM hit yesterday and I was tired tonite but forced myself to do the shred.
Ditto. I was soooo unmotivated, but hen watched BL, and did the shred. I hadn't done it in a few weeks and was pleasantly surprised I could do all the jumping jacks finally!! I only stopped for 5 seconds once and modified 1 exercise.

Scale was up at 180.0 because of stupid TOM I hate being a girl sometimes.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 216.25/210.75/148

I keep seeing you guys refer to "The Shred"...I noticed at the store that there were 6 different BL workout dvds - including the 30 day shred. Do a lot of you guys use them, or mainly just the 30 shred? And do you recommend getting it? I'm tempted...very content w/my pilates (mat and chair), but I have a love/hate relationship w/my treadmill and was thinking about getting one of the BL workout dvds to use as an alternative. What do you guys think/prefer/recommend?
Old 09-22-2009, 11:08 PM   #9  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Go Blue Team!

100+ lbs is pretty incredible. I am proud of us!

TOM is on the way here to! Drats! I am headed to Lake Havasu this weekend. Its our final weekend of the "summer" and we have only gone a couple of times. Life had different plans for us this year I guess!

Food today was a DISASTER! But I am gonna get back on track tomorrow. Its always hard when we are prepping for a trip. We tend to pick the easy groceries and not stock the fridge since were leaving. But I'll watch portions and get my exercise in.

Hoping I can start here and keep up for at least a day or two with the thread. I will be taking a pass on my weigh in though... simply because I won't be here to do it in time.

Mary - keep your head up, and your spirits strong. My prayers are with you and your son for his friend.

Dixied - blasted technology! Its definitely a love/hate relationship we have with these dang machines, aint it!

Off to watch TBL. Check back tomorrow! Be good to yourselves!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 216.25/210.75/148

And seriously? 102 pounds! Woohoo! That's so awesome! Hopefully next week I'll be able to contribute to that number!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 12:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

I plan to be a Big Loser next week, too!!

Wow, to all the Losers this week, Good For You
Old 09-23-2009, 01:43 AM   #12  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 154/148/115

Height: 4'11"

Food today was a disaster for me too. I barely ate anything this morning, no lunch, then ate a burger, fries and a coke for dinner. Technically even with that, my calories weren't that bad.... that's how little I ate earlier in the day, but I have got to get on a better schedule and make sure I always have food ready so I don't resort to fast food.

I still can't do much cardio because of this stupid lingering cough, but I did crank out some squats and lunges. I'm going to keep adding more reps and more exercises till I'm back to my old schedule.

102 pounds? Wow! Go us! Let's keep it up!

mebhealthy - I only have the 30 day shred, but I like it. It's hard, for me at least, but effective. I plan on using it again when I can start doing cardio. It was only $8 at Walmart so it was a good deal.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:50 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebhealthy View Post
Do a lot of you guys use them, or mainly just the 30 shred? And do you recommend getting it? I'm tempted...very content w/my pilates (mat and chair), but I have a love/hate relationship w/my treadmill and was thinking about getting one of the BL workout dvds to use as an alternative. What do you guys think/prefer/recommend?
I have a few BL dvd's and I like them all. I have the yoga, cardio max, powersculpt, and bootcamp. I really love the power sculpt and bootcamp the best. I also have the shred which is good but I couldn't do it everyday. They are all hard and you feel like you got a great workout when ur finished.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

maryshady....prayers still coming your way for your son, family and the injured boy (I know he is an adult.....but he is still a boy to someone) and his family.

Yesterday was a disaster food wise for me too but it gives me the rest of the week to work it off. Hang tough Bluesers!!!!!! Amazing that we lost over 100 pounds this past week. Keep up the good work and don't fall for the dreaded 2nd week pitfulls.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:15 AM   #15  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

i said a little prayer for mary's son's best friend and Diva's bf's mom. please keep us updated with their progress.
====

just wanted to wish the girls that are taking part in the pop challenge good luck with today's challenge. the dreaded wall squat!!!
keep breathing through the pain!!!!

and you still have time to "catch up" on mondays and tuesdays challenge!

well done for those that have so far completed mondays and tuesdays challenge. i'm amazed you girls are machines!! and a big congrats to everyone that has so far joined in!!

if anyone is interested in joining, you can!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...-week-2-a.html

please be careful if you have knee injuries.

read the article to find out how to do it. http://backandneck.about.com/od/desk.../wallsquat.htm

Last edited by Echo; 09-23-2009 at 07:34 AM.