3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing > Biggest Loser Challenges

Old 05-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #61
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonnahs View Post
Hello everyone! I can't wait for this challenge, it'll be my first. I feel all kinds of revved up to get motivated and actually exercise. Here's hoping I still feel this way in a month! hehe.

I haven't exercised in a while, so this could get interesting.

Also, all the talk about running is making me nervous. I haven't ran since high school. Can I even physically DO it? I need to find a really good sports bra...
I like the Moving Comfort sports bras. They keep my DDs in place and are very comfortable. Expensive (about $40 and they never seem to be on sale), but I only buy one at a time and handwash it between wearings and let it air dry. You can sometimes find them on ebay for reasonable prices in odd colors.

If you aren't sure about your ability to run, a lot of us highly recommend the "Couch to 5K" program. You can download the podcasts free on itunes or the outline of the program on coolrunning.com. I've only been a runner since October 08, but it's completely changed my life in terms of my health and self-confidence. I never thought I could do it, but all it took was the C25K program to show me how to start. And now I sound like a zealot, trying to recruit innocents into the cult of running.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #62

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Hi ladies - just a quick drop in to say hi and hope you are all well.

I'm feeling awful just now, really run down and exhausted. Badly in need of a holiday - well one more week to go at work and then I will have a precious week off. My sister and I are going to treat ourselves to a spa day.

Exhausted + successful weight loss efforts don't go together and the more I go off plan, the worse I feel. Just can't seem to get out this cycle at the moment. I'm going to sit down tomorrow and have a good think about how I plan my weeks - I am trying to do far too much and am burning myself out in the process. Off to bed now - here's to a better day tomorrow when I'm feeling more bright-eyed and bushy-tailed!

I need to get myself sorted before we kick off Summer Camp!

I trust myself. I have started so I will finish. I am succeeding.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:25 PM   #63

S/C/G: 254/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the info dixied! I checked out the sports bras you recommended, but they don't carry my (current!!) size. I'll keep looking, que sera.
I looked up that running site and can't wait to hit the 5k! hehe
Old 05-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #64
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Who is familiar with HIIT??? I am wondering if there is something for the Ipod that would time intervals for you. I would like to try it, but I run outside, no treadmill. It is kind of hard to time my self for 30 or 60 seconds.

I want to try this HIIT thing. Someone said that once they started it they cut workouts from 40 min. to 20 and lost much more weight. I am at a plateau right now and it is frustrating me greatly. Anyone with any info, I would love to hear.

Shannon- My friend and I were talking the other day about how we still imagine our bodies differently than others see us now. It is hard to see ourselves smaller, especially when we still the fat that remains under the clothes.

Suzie- Oh how I wish $$$ was not a consideration. I would have one in a minute.

Zinke- Good job. Half mile is great. I got my friend to do a half mile yesterday. Our bodies are capavle of doing more than we give them credit. I sound so....Jillian.

Pets name: Caramel
Adopt your own!
Old 05-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #65
Token Vulcan

Hi everybody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonnahs View Post
Hello everyone! I can't wait for this challenge, it'll be my first. I feel all kinds of revved up to get motivated and actually exercise. Here's hoping I still feel this way in a month! hehe.
Yeah, what she said!!!

Quote:
I need to find a really good sports bra...
I'm like a 36 or 38C (I think, lol)...I rather like the Xersion ones I got at JC Penney. I tried the Enell ones but they were so tight and I want to breathe and have circulation.

Okay...gotta answer the QOTDs:

QOTD: Name an article of clothing that you will never wear again when you reach your goal weight?

My Assets tights. I've been using them for about a year or so and they do a fine job of what they're supposed to do but I want to get to the point where I don't feel like I need to wear them anymore.

QOTD: What's your favourite thing to make for dinner?

Um....I can't really cook so I guess I don't have one.

QOTD: When you have trouble sleeping do you still get up and workout or do you try to get more sleep?

I go to sleep really late...I mean, I've jogged around my house at midnight, so once I go to bed, I try to stay there, especially if I have to go to work the next day. I usually get like 5-6 hours in. I'm like a vampire. Wide awake at night and pretty much dead in the morning.

Anybody have a speed ladder? Those look like fun. Been thinking of trying it.

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 05-15-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:47 AM   #66

S/C/G: 212/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
I like the Moving Comfort sports bras. They keep my DDs in place and are very comfortable. Expensive (about $40 and they never seem to be on sale), but I only buy one at a time and handwash it between wearings and let it air dry. You can sometimes find them on ebay for reasonable prices in odd colors.
Thanks SO much for posting this dixied! I'm a 40DD and cannot for my life find a decent sports bra! These look great!
Old 05-16-2009, 01:55 AM   #67
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Shannon- My friend and I were talking the other day about how we still imagine our bodies differently than others see us now. It is hard to see ourselves smaller, especially when we still the fat that remains under the clothes.
Yup, I'm getting better with that though, gradually. It's internal, you know? Been feeling better about myself and trying to embrace that I am the healthiest I've ever been and that I look good. We are worth it!

"Unless you faint, puke, or die keep walking!" --Jillian Michaels

Old 05-16-2009, 03:30 AM   #68
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Shannon & Mindy - Have you ever heard of photo therapy? I was watching a heath themed show about women and body issues and this chick from the UK was doing it. Basically she couldn't see herself the way she really looked, all she saw was flaws. So she flew to the US to a psychotherapist who does the therapy while taking pictures of you. I was having the same issue a couple of months ago, the scale said I'd lost 45 pounds, but I couldn't see it, no matter how many compliments I got. Finally I leraned to set up the self timer on my camera and now I take pictures of myself at least once a week. Okay, most of them are still blurry and not great, but I'm getting used to my new self. Another way to do this for me has been to go shopping even if you're not actually buying anything. I go find cute clothes, and this try a bunch on to see what different styles look like on me, not on the rack. I found that this leads to impluse shopping though, so beware, you might leave the credit cards at home.

Trekkie - I hear you on the Assets tights! I love all of my bodyshapers, but dang, sometimes I feel like a sausage in a casing.

Mindy - regarding the HITT. I love it and I do see good results. I think Sportsmom is the one who posted about reducing her cardio time. My only problem is that I have this ridiculous goal of 1000 miles by Dec 31st. With the 20 minute HITT I can only do 2 miles in 20 minutes (plus the cooldown). So I do my HITT 3 times a week and then some long runs or rides the other days. I'd like to find a playlist that had the cues built in. Hmm, we could start our own business, send us your playlist and we'll add beeps for you. LOL Now if I only knew how to made it happen.

Suzie - Good luck with the bra shopping! I find that I get good results with going down a cup size, if you're buying online. That's just me though, I like them strapped down tight when I run, less chance of injuries. The GoWear is now on my wish list!

MissV - a spa day sounds like just what you need! Hang in there, your days off will be here soon.

To everyone I missed:
Old 05-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #69
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Goood morning ladies!!!!

I am very excited to be over TOM and am down more lbs!!! So I'm not saying how many lbs since I'm trying to win the first weigh in and beat each of you!!

So step up your game everybody. I'm gonna challenge you to beat me!! I need friendly competition to keep me interested. And did I tell you all that my DVR didn't tape my BL finale. Can I watch it online????

Ok, gotta run, and don't forget, you better be skeeeered bc I mean business this time.

And one last thing, the best tip I can give anyone losing is don't wait to get back on the horse after you fall off. Get back on - beginning in the next hour. Mess up and eat 8 doughnuts for breakfast? Your new way of eating re-begins at 9am then. Start then by drinking a large glass of water and imagine that food is washed away. Then plan your next snack or lunch and be sure to have it with you when you get hungry. It works.

Hugs! Selina
Old 05-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #70

Quote:
Suzie - Good luck with the bra shopping! I find that I get good results with going down a cup size, if you're buying online. That's just me though, I like them strapped down tight when I run, less chance of injuries. The GoWear is now on my wish list!
That totally makes sense! Thanks For the tip!
Old 05-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BFitChick View Post
And one last thing, the best tip I can give anyone losing is don't wait to get back on the horse after you fall off. Get back on - beginning in the next hour. Mess up and eat 8 doughnuts for breakfast? Your new way of eating re-begins at 9am then. Start then by drinking a large glass of water and imagine that food is washed away. Then plan your next snack or lunch and be sure to have it with you when you get hungry. It works.

Hugs! Selina
This is a great tip Selina. I know in the past I totally give up when I fall of the wagon, but this time -no way. (I have to keep telling myself that! LOL)

Speaking of the weigh in... should we give our weight now? or do we wait until the 25th?

If we do it now, you can take mine from the side bar there on the left dixied. (I think you are taking the weights, right? )

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday so far!
The family and I are getting ready to go hike in the park for a few hours. Yea!
Old 05-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #72

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Default Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday Marianne (practiceliving)

xxx

I trust myself. I have started so I will finish. I am succeeding.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:10 PM   #73

S/C/G: 254/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BFitChick View Post
Mess up and eat 8 doughnuts for breakfast? Your new way of eating re-begins at 9am then. Start then by drinking a large glass of water and imagine that food is washed away. Then plan your next snack or lunch and be sure to have it with you when you get hungry. It works.
This is such great advice! I don't know why it never occurred to me. Thank you

What is HITT?
Old 05-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #74
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Shannon & Mindy - Have you ever heard of photo therapy? I was watching a heath themed show about women and body issues and this chick from the UK was doing it. Basically she couldn't see herself the way she really looked, all she saw was flaws. So she flew to the US to a psychotherapist who does the therapy while taking pictures of you. I was having the same issue a couple of months ago, the scale said I'd lost 45 pounds, but I couldn't see it, no matter how many compliments I got. Finally I leraned to set up the self timer on my camera and now I take pictures of myself at least once a week. Okay, most of them are still blurry and not great, but I'm getting used to my new self. Another way to do this for me has been to go shopping even if you're not actually buying anything. I go find cute clothes, and this try a bunch on to see what different styles look like on me, not on the rack. I found that this leads to impluse shopping though, so beware, you might leave the credit cards at home.
I definitely need to take more pics of myself now. And, I feel soooo much more confident and good about myself now. I hit a big low a couple weeks ago, but am happy that things are improving. Positive thinking!

"Unless you faint, puke, or die keep walking!" --Jillian Michaels

Old 05-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #75
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

How is everyone this evening?

I'm good. Just doing lots of paperwork. Staying very busy but I feel so good when I'm OP. I can think clearer and things are going well here.

Hope you all are having a great weekend so far!!

Anyhoo, thank you all for listening when I rattle on about everything. I'm so thankful I can come here to talk to you all who know what all this is like. My husband is on the board for our little league baseball where our kids play and after being there all day decided he wanted to eat at Cheddars. After asking him about this earlier and getting no reply because he hadn't decided yet, I finally had to grab food that took my dinner calories and that was fine. I had been gone all day running errands. So when he DID decide to go, I couldn't go.

So I'm home now and he and our kids except the baby and one of his friends is going. I told them to go. I'm not mad. Just frustrated. Before, I just went anyway and ate something. Not much but something. Now, if my cals are gone, I'm NOT GOING. And he's not thrilled but understands. I'm annoyed and have already been bringing books for when we go eat so I won't eat the bread or chips before my food gets there, well not much of it. I do eat a little of that stuff. Just will have looked up the cals online so I know what they estimate cals at. Then I'm adding it all up as I eat and can't really enjoy it much. But that's fine. I can do that. NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS. That's a great quote. I bet Helen from BL knows that to be fact now. Too cool. As for me, I have done this before - I will do it again. But this time, I WILL be giving away my clothes as they get too big and I will be posting on the maintainers site asap once I hit goal. I have to have support to maintain. Glad I can come here.

Ok, I will stop now. LOL. Thanks for listening!!

Hope you all have a great Sunday!!

Hugs, Selina